Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 25, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #4,501 of 40,730
@Jack Vang any news on the contest you mentioned a few days ago ?

on another topic , athena is a very nice ciem , even though i feel that the cable i am using (forza hybrid) does not do justice and does not help athena show its full potential

will wait for my effect audio ares ii t arrive , before buying a TOTL silver cable (i feel that silver cables will fit athena best)

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #4,502 of 40,730
Wow guys just wow, listening to all her stuff now. The XR is absolutely stunning in sound with all genres, this is amazing. She is awesome, never heard of her and this will definitely use up my listening for today, I love powerful vocals with forward midrange

Thank you
You should have quoted mine I was the first to recommend :D

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #4,503 of 40,730
You should have quoted mine I was the first to recommend
biggrin.gif

Let me do that for you. :)

Many thanks Mimouille for suggesting her. She's amazing!

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #4,504 of 40,730
does someone use the Zus R with qp1r? Which gain setting do you choose ?  

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #4,507 of 40,730
Nov 25, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #4,509 of 40,730
Nov 25, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #4,513 of 40,730
Why is everone going for the zeus?

i feel like i will be fine with the athena :D

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #4,514 of 40,730
  Why is everone going for the zeus?

i feel like i will be fine with the athena :D

cause they want the best ciem around / cause they have the money to buy it 
tongue.gif

athena is very nice , you will be fine (especially if you can not pay to get the best there is)

i just need to buy a nice cable , as i am officially hit by the 'cable bug' and stock cables do not do the trick for me anymore

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #4,515 of 40,730
although I am not a big fan of Fleetwood mac, but I am surprised how well they recorded tango in the night album, got its high res format and boy it sounds great, compared to albums in the 80s that are sounding really bad like tears for fears, Depeche mode, Human League, New order and others. What a shame big names with great albums are recorded that way. Let alone metal music in the 80s oh man in  those days the recordings clearly is bad. there is no low in the music from those 80s bands. I am not generalizing but many big names that made great albums in the 80s listening to them now is an indication of how bad things were pushed out

well listening to Fleetwood mac on zeus r is a really nice experience

it seems i am gonna change my music tastes, as right now i am focusing on bands that have under their belt well masted albums, like dire straits, pink floyd and others

and saying good bye to my favourite bands like depeche mode, tears for fears, the cure and all those who do not give a dam about what quality of albums they are pushing out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back