Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 9, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #3,391 of 40,665
Hi Everybody! Guys, could you tell me: what is the difference between Zeus XIV and Zeus-R? Due to official site of Empire Ears i know that they have different amount of crossover ways. Zeus XIV has 7 and Zeus-R has 8, but how does it influence on music? 

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #3,392 of 40,665
Hi Everybody! Guys, could you tell me: what is the difference between Zeus XIV and Zeus-R? Due to official site of Empire Ears i know that they have different amount of crossover ways. Zeus XIV has 7 and Zeus-R has 8, but how does it influence on music? 

Zeus 14 has more mids pushed to you, it's more midcentic, makes vocals pop more and certain aspects of music more forward (most music is in the mids) sensitivity is the same, the kids do no cloud highs, the R is more superior in 8 crossovers and have a more balanced feel, however the R has slightly elevated mid range, and it's a bliss...

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #3,393 of 40,665
Zeus 14 has more mids pushed to you, it's more midcentic, makes vocals pop more and certain aspects of music more forward (most music is in the mids) sensitivity is the same, the kids do no cloud highs, the R is more superior in 8 crossovers and have a more balanced feel, however the R has slightly elevated mid range, and it's a bliss...

What he said. If you want balanced/neutral/natural/the artist is sitting inside your head, the Zeus-r wins. It's never strident or harsh by any means. But oh so detailed. The Z-14 adds some mids and low mids for a warmer sound. Seems to add maybe a touch of bass and reduce the treble ever so slightly. Very very good also.

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #3,394 of 40,665
  Cheers to @Jack Vang, Steve (@Canyon Runner) and the crew at the EE table. They went out of their way to help me out today.

It was also nice to meet @nmatheis and @moedawg140 at the table. I wish I had more time to tr more gear and meet more people.

I will share my impression on the Zeus-ADEL and Zeus later.

@EagleWings it was really great meeting you yesterday! Wish you could've stayed around longer but if you, or any of you on here, ever come by ATL hit me up. Looking forward to your impressions.

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #3,396 of 40,665
To add to what was previously said and with which I agree, I find the XIV more resolving.

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #3,397 of 40,665
I stopped by @Jack Vang's booth to say hi to Jack (and his Dad) and get a listen to the new ADEL-ified Zeus. Holy Moly, if you thought Zeus had holographic sound before prepare for...

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

MIND BLOWN!!!

I don't know what's more amazing.. that the ADEL Zeus sounds great, or the GIF is just plain awesome. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #3,398 of 40,665

DJ was nice enough to come to downtown atlanta today for me to test out the empire line up and super short impression because i am super bad giving reviews but thanks again

Supra nice detailed bass is punchy
Deep vocals relaxing

Cerburus same as supra more detailed

Spartan: slightly brighter then the cerburus better texture and detailed

Hermes: up in your face sound highs seem recessed

Athena more bass deeper feeling then the
Heremes

Apollo: not my type everything seems muffled some reason

Zeus: 3D feeling just wow highs lows mid great.

Thinking about getting the Spartans or the Hermes.

Thansk again Jack and DJ!

Oct 9, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #3,401 of 40,665
is there any rough timetable for the EU demo tour ?

Oct 9, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #3,404 of 40,665
To expensive to get both :/

If you want a more reference sound go for the Spartans, more musical with a more forward mid and bass presence go with the Hermes (I've the Hermes and absolutely love them).

Oct 9, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #3,405 of 40,665
If you want a more reference sound go for the Spartans, more musical with a more forward mid and bass presence go with the Hermes (I've the Hermes and absolutely love them).

Am i the only one that thinks the hermes highs are bit recessed? But its very good still, they are well texture, detailed and up in your face type soundsignature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back