Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 26, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #3,076 of 40,713
Is all this talk of deep insertion and the need for lube making anyone else squirm???

I am resisting the bedroom humour..... Don't know how long I can hold out.....

:wink:

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #3,077 of 40,713
Is all this talk of deep insertion and the need for lube making anyone else squirm???

wink.gif

Don't forget to twist it anti-clockwise as you slide it in... 
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #3,078 of 40,713

wink.gif

Whatever it takes to achieve the eargasm
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #3,079 of 40,713
Looking forward to the ADEL Zeus; sounds like it might be a true TOTL model, and with a switchable sound to boot! Thanks to Jack for the updates, though they are really fuelling the anticipation...

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #3,080 of 40,713

We just placed a PO for the switches so it's coming! It'll be the same style switch like the demo but in clear as opposed to flesh-tone. While it isn't anything aesthetically extravagant it is sourced from a reliable, trusted German partner and is of the same medical grade quality material that we use in our hearing aids. The manufacturer takes about 6 weeks to produce so we should have an announcement for Zeus-XR ready by then.

Wow. This is super.

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #3,084 of 40,713
Jack... how do you feel the ADEL enhances the zeus? What is your personal favourite IEM you have created? As in, what do you do most of your listening with? Be cool to know!

So far i've only tested it with the MAM but it makes the Zeus sound way more open. Almost as if a dome was unfolding. Very airy and the occlusion effect is gone. I should be putting the finishing touches on the prototype here shortly so that local Head-Fi members can stop by to audition before RMAF 
smily_headphones1.gif

Personal favorite IEM? That's a tough question as it depends on my mood. My current daily driver is the Spartan IV. It's served me well at several gigs and mixing with it is drama free. If I had to pick one to call my "favorite" it'd be a tossup between the Zeus and Zeus-R. 

I think we are beyond that point with the regular Zeus already.

please make it affordable

Zeus is definitely for those that desire the absolute best we have to offer. The ADEL will be making it's way to the rest of the Olympus series so there should be something for everyone. I'm actually super stoked to try out the MAM with the Supra II. 

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #3,085 of 40,713
So far i've only tested it with the MAM but it makes the Zeus sound way more open. Almost as if a dome was unfolding. Very airy and the occlusion effect is gone. I should be putting the finishing touches on the prototype here shortly so that local Head-Fi members can stop by to audition before RMAF :)

Personal favorite IEM? That's a tough question as it depends on my mood. My current daily driver is the Spartan IV. It's served me well at several gigs and mixing with it is drama free. If I had to pick one to call my "favorite" it'd be a tossup between the Zeus and Zeus-R. 

Zeus is definitely for those that desire the absolute best we have to offer. The ADEL will be making it's way to the rest of the Olympus series so there should be something for everyone. I'm actually super stoked to try out the MAM with the Supra II. 
cool cheers!

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #3,086 of 40,713

Good eye! We put the shell engineers and techs into overdrive to come up with something that'll accommodate the ADEL. Zeus-XR (switch) ADEL (MAM) should be available for audition at RMAF!

I'm mighty pleased to hear that you're looking to combine both ADEL and an adjustable sound signature for the next flagship, Jack! Definitely something worth saving up for. 
smile.gif

Btw, would there be a standalone ADEL Zeus? Or are they all switchable models? Thanks!

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #3,087 of 40,713
  I find that opening your mouth as you insert the CIEM assists in sliding it in and achieving a deeper, more secure, insertion.

Yeah, me too. However, I look really silly doing this in public, so I try to be as inconspicuous as possible when doing so. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #3,088 of 40,713

I'm mighty pleased to hear that you're looking to combine both ADEL and an adjustable sound signature for the next flagship, Jack! Definitely something worth saving up for. 
smile.gif

Btw, would there be a standalone ADEL Zeus? Or are they all switchable models? Thanks!

We will definitely offer the Zeus ADEL without the switch.

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #3,089 of 40,713

We will definitely offer the Zeus ADEL without the switch.

That's great to hear, Jack!

Looking forward to 2017. Looks like it's going to start with a blast (and probably, a huge hole in the wallet). 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back