Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 3, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #1,924 of 40,563

Got my Zeus R back again. Loving the new faceplates. The green plate with the blue shell and the dark faceplate with the smokey black shell are beautiful and complement each other really well.

The edges of the faceplate are also more rounded now, which I really like. Rather than feeling like a faceplate that was added on, it feels more seamless and makes the earpiece feel like one cohesive unit.

Picture's a bit dark. Hopefully I can get a better picture later on.

@Jack Vang thanks a lot for taking care of my Zeus again! What are the materials on the faceplates? I gotta know.

Jun 3, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #1,926 of 40,563

Got my Zeus R back again. Loving the new faceplates. The green plate with the blue shell and the dark faceplate with the smokey black shell are beautiful and complement each other really well.

The edges of the faceplate are also more rounded now, which I really like. Rather than feeling like a faceplate that was added on, it feels more seamless and makes the earpiece feel like one cohesive unit.

Picture's a bit dark. Hopefully I can get a better picture later on.

@Jack Vang thanks a lot for taking care of my Zeus again! What are the materials on the faceplates? I gotta know.

It's acrylic infused wood =)

Very nice looking!

I just got my Zeus back (now updated to Zeus R) and they look identical as far as I can tell. Which is a good thing in my book. Haven't had time to do much listening yet..... can't wait.

Glad to hear they made it back safely! We're super stoked!

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #1,927 of 40,563
  Just received my Zeus R
My full appreciation goes to all the guys at Empire Ears for putting up with all my demands for the custom artwork the end results look great 
beerchug.gif

Wow, your case looks good, but your Zeus looks even better! I love the green border surrounding the CF faceplate. Great job, Jack and folks! 
smile.gif

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #1,928 of 40,563
Hi

Was wondering if anyone could chime in with the differences between open mouthed and closed mouth impressions please?  Was just curious what differences it would make to having the impressions done? Not a performer so that wouldn't make much difference to me. Historically I've always fared better with fit from closed then open so would prefer to go that route if possible (I know EE accept closed mouth impressions).

Thanks

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #1,929 of 40,563
  Hi

Was wondering if anyone could chime in with the differences between open mouthed and closed mouth impressions please?  Was just curious what differences it would make to having the impressions done? Not a performer so that wouldn't make much difference to me. Historically I've always fared better with fit from closed then open so would prefer to go that route if possible (I know EE accept closed mouth impressions).

Thanks

My audiologist has never had me use a bite block, my impressions have always been fine. She does however have me open my mouth sometimes, make a big smile etc, but its never been open or closed mouth 100% of the time.

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #1,931 of 40,563
  Hi

Thanks

That's tough to say as your anatomy is unique to you and you alone. If you stick your pinky in your ears and open your jaw, does the area inside the ear expand? Mine does, but some people get the opposite result. 

I've done both types and get better results with an open jaw (bite block is helpful). But that's just me. I will say if you've done one type for prior CIEMs and didn't love the result, it might be worth switching to the other style just to see how that goes. But when you consider the variability of different audiologists and different CIEM makers it's really hard to know which step is responsible for a bad fit if that's what you end up with.

Good luck on any future CIEM endeavors!

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #1,933 of 40,563
  Just received my Zeus R
My full appreciation goes to all the guys at Empire Ears for putting up with all my demands for the custom artwork the end results look great 
beerchug.gif

Finally got around to checking this out on my computer, so I can really see it.  Looks great!  I really like the green around the carbon fibre. 

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #1,934 of 40,563
Reason I asked is I was just wondering if the 3 piece bridge unit I had to have done as dental work is somehow throwing off the open mouth impressions being done.  That's why I preferred having closed mouth instead.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back