Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 5, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #12,362 of 40,579
The titanium cable is available only in the accessory section, if you order any earphone, your <<only>> cable option is the Ares II and you can choose the plug you need.
BTW Ares II is an amazing cable!!!

Thanks for that, but unfortunately, these are out of my reach at the moment.
Is this the cable that originally shipped with EE products before they began collaborating with EA?
Either way, I'm still wondering if anyone knows what the "titanium silver" $50 cable is made of, and how it might affect the sound signature? Anyone? :)

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #12,363 of 40,579
Are you guys using pink noise for this 100 or 150 hours burn in or just normally listening to them?

I use burn-in tracks from Nordost and Tara Labs (I don't really know what they are; they're just the ones that happen to be available to me) when I'm not listening to them. I don't anymore though, I'm more than happy with how they sound now.

yep....same question here. And the vol. ?

I just place a moderate volume (the volume I usually listen to music to; maybe slightly louder) and leave them as is.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #12,364 of 40,579
Are you guys using pink noise for this 100 or 150 hours burn in or just normally listening to them?

yep....same question here. And the vol. ?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #12,365 of 40,579
Thanks for that, but unfortunately, these are out of my reach at the moment.
Is this the cable that originally shipped with EE products before they began collaborating with EA?
Either way, I'm still wondering if anyone knows what the "titanium silver" $50 cable is made of, and how it might affect the sound signature? Anyone? :)

Knowing the industry's norms, it's probably oxygen-free copper. I don't know whether or not Empire's cables are different, but the general consensus for the equally-ubiquitous Plastics One cable is that they warm up the stage because of treble roll-off.

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #12,366 of 40,579
I use burn-in tracks from Nordost and Tara Labs (I don't really know what they are; they're just the ones that happen to be available to me) when I'm not listening to them. I don't anymore though, I'm more than happy with how they sound now.

Thank you. I was asking because I felt the ESR is too bright on certain tracks so thought if burn in might help tone it down

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #12,367 of 40,579
Thank you. I was asking because I felt the ESR is too bright on certain tracks so thought if burn in might help tone it down

i'll burn in my Phantoms with pink noise (wave file, 10 sec. loop) for 50 hours.

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #12,368 of 40,579

I toyed with that at some point, in particular to burn in the Vega but that’s a pretty rigid dynamic driver.

Frankly before the VE8 my experience has been that BA barely need burn in, if it does occur I’d say well before the 100 hours... This being said I did let the Phantom play all night at +20% volume (I am a low volume listener, right now between 45 and 55 with DX200/AMP4 on low gain and it’s plenty loud).

Your mileage may vary... I do think there is brain burn in occurring as well, so just enjoy them :D

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #12,369 of 40,579
i'll burn in my Phantoms with pink noise (wave file, 10 sec. loop) for 50 hours.

Don't have one but found 3 eight hours track on YouTube that burn in with different frequencies i'll probably loop them until it hits 100 hours.

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #12,370 of 40,579
I toyed with that at some point, in particular to burn in the Vega but that’s a pretty rigid dynamic driver.

Frankly before the VE8 my experience has been that BA barely need burn in, if it does occur I’d say well before the 100 hours... This being said I did let the Phantom play all night at +20% volume (I am a low volume listener, right now between 45 and 55 with DX200/AMP4 on low gain and it’s plenty loud).

Your mileage may vary... I do think there is brain burn in occurring as well, so just enjoy them :D
Thanks. So I guess most folks here did burn in before using it.

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #12,371 of 40,579

Definitely; brain burn-in is a huge contributor to why I love the Phantom. After all, I only truly began to appreciate them after using them at work a half-week after receiving them. But, they are probably one of the first IEMs in my possession that I've noticed change with burn-in. So, take that as you will. :wink:

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #12,372 of 40,579
Jeeez.... people, just plug-in your EEs, select your favourite music and try to ENJOY THE MUSIC, for crying-out-loud!
Shrug emoticon.gif

Please, just try it - I promise it won't hurt and who knows - you might even like it!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #12,373 of 40,579
Jeeez.... people, just plug-in your EEs, select your favourite music and try to ENJOY THE MUSIC, for crying-out-loud!
Saaay whaaaat?
photodune-5433881-big-ear-xs.jpg

Sorry, but I can't hear you! Too busy over here burning in my new ciems, while listening to my favourite music :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #12,374 of 40,579
Don't have one but found 3 eight hours track on YouTube that burn in with different frequencies i'll probably loop them until it hits 100 hours.

I use those same YouTube tracks - the ones with the sweeping frequencies. I also slow them down to .5x so that they're 16 hours instead of 8 and they match the frequency automatically on YouTube, so that's cool.

The hilarious part is that I left this running for three days while my wife was home and she was going insane trying to figure out what this weird, sweeping buzz noise was coming from the office. Had no idea I was burning in the Legend X and I think it may have driven her partially insane (more so than she already was, anyway).

-Collin-

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #12,375 of 40,579
...just wanted to check out the bass-abilities of the Legend X.... for this action i used a track called "stuck in my head" by Myxed Up. There is no better track to test it :) ......so i did it and ....i had to sit down just because i couldn't believe what i've heard.

Honestly....Vega's bass quantity and quality is nice......but this.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back