Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 17, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #10,951 of 40,591
What a day. Out eating sushi so I’ll post opinions later. I think I covered everything here lol. I can honestly say I heard a few cans and IEMs that I’d love but not as many as I expected. I liked the 399 Advamced Audio M5 I think it was. Really a great value. It’s not up to the EE new line but if you can afford the EE then it’s a great but when it becomes available. I didn’t love the Tia line. I know Nic and others love the Forte but it’s just not for me. The A18 and Treo I think it was were good but again they just didn’t do what I expected after reading about them. Very good IRams but I heard them AFTER the EE Phantoms and the Legacy X as well as the Bravado’s which to my ears are a Spartan like value. The lower offerings are special. My buddy loved the line. Our favorites from the show so far are the Kennerton lightt ER weight Odons, the top open back by ZMF (I own and love the Oris), the Advamced I spoke about earlier and the Wells and top Woo amps. Wow.

The topper really was the Phantom. I loved the Aries cable that it comes with, but I heard a 8 strand prototype from Effect Audio that I now NEED. It gives even more of what Phantom offeres. It give even more deep, articulate bass and a more extended high end with a touch more sparkle. I apologize, but it was a HOLY ****, Come to Jesus moment with everything my AK380cu threw at it and that was a lot of DSD and 24/192 stuff that’s well recorded. When I hit it up with the Cord Hugo 2 it was an incremental difference, but it’s so revealing that you could hear it. I didn’t hear that on most of the IEMS I heard today. Kind of disappointed. Just being honest. I will spend more time with the lower line as that’s important to all.

I want a less expensive IEM for the wife. I purchased the Phantom with a COOL new face. I can’t wait to get it. Catherine went ALL OUT with her new line up of choices. I’ll post pics if u guys want when I get them. Mine will be the ciem as that will give me better everything and I don’t want to deal with the tips if I don’t have to. STOKED to say the least.

I will do a big write up after I get them and break them in. Not sure if I posted yet, but it was so awesome meeting another great group of folks im getting to know in Audio. I pushed myself more than I should have. Thank goodness for trains so I don’t need to drive lol. Train station is even in my town so the wife will pick me up. Ha. I feel blessed this evening. Out on my own which is rare, but eating some incredible sushi at sushi of Gari at 146 near the hotel. How can I listen to my Noble Savants again???

Any questions? BTW, the Leonidis cables and the Lionheart along with the new prototypes from Effects are well worth a serious audition. If you can afford it, it’s worth getting with these new iems, but buy the most IEM you can as this will make a BIGGER difference and that’s not even close. jMHO.

looks like you have an amazing day, and Sushi of Gary is definitely one of the best sushi place in NY, enjoy it!

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #10,952 of 40,591
What a day at CanJam today! The EE booth was packed and I had to make several visits to wrap my head around the monster that the Phantom is. After a few listens had to get it. Love the pairing with the 1Z. jack and Dean could not have been nicer and Allowed me extended time with the phantoms. Now the wait begins..... hopefully in three weeks they will be here and I’ll post a write up after an extended listen.

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #10,953 of 40,591
What a day at CanJam today! The EE booth was packed and I had to make several visits to wrap my head around the monster that the Phantom is. After a few listens had to get it. Love the pairing with the 1Z. jack and Dean could not have been nicer and Allowed me extended time with the phantoms. Now the wait begins..... hopefully in three weeks they will be here and I’ll post a write up after an extended listen.
Is that wait time for the custom or universal?

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #10,955 of 40,591
Did someone asked for pictures? Just a few here :wink:

The men who made it happen, Dean and Jack! :)

ee_dean_jack.jpg

Jack suggesting to me that I have to hit the gym to build my arms like his :p

ee_jack_tw6.jpg

Another picture with @Jack Vang and my brother-from-another-mother Nic @flinkenick :D

ee_tw6_jack_nic.jpg

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #10,957 of 40,591

Another picture with @Jack Vang and my brother-from-another-mother Nic @flinkenick :D

Those pics are worth a thousand words. Yey.

Also, looking great as always, @Jack Vang :D

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #10,958 of 40,591

Love you buddy. Hanging out with you was the highlight of the show. Tomorrow I should really try to listen to some iems, I've been told there is some interesting stuff around.

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #10,960 of 40,591
What a day. Out eating sushi so I’ll post opinions later. I think I covered everything here lol. I can honestly say I heard a few cans and IEMs that I’d love but not as many as I expected. I liked the 399 Advamced Audio M5 I think it was. Really a great value. It’s not up to the EE new line but if you can afford the EE then it’s a great but when it becomes available. I didn’t love the Tia line. I know Nic and others love the Forte but it’s just not for me. The A18 and Treo I think it was were good but again they just didn’t do what I expected after reading about them. Very good IRams but I heard them AFTER the EE Phantoms and the Legacy X as well as the Bravado’s which to my ears are a Spartan like value. The lower offerings are special. My buddy loved the line. Our favorites from the show so far are the Kennerton lightt ER weight Odons, the top open back by ZMF (I own and love the Oris), the Advamced I spoke about earlier and the Wells and top Woo amps. Wow.

The topper really was the Phantom. I loved the Aries cable that it comes with, but I heard a 8 strand prototype from Effect Audio that I now NEED. It gives even more of what Phantom offeres. It give even more deep, articulate bass and a more extended high end with a touch more sparkle. I apologize, but it was a HOLY ****, Come to Jesus moment with everything my AK380cu threw at it and that was a lot of DSD and 24/192 stuff that’s well recorded. When I hit it up with the Cord Hugo 2 it was an incremental difference, but it’s so revealing that you could hear it. I didn’t hear that on most of the IEMS I heard today. Kind of disappointed. Just being honest. I will spend more time with the lower line as that’s important to all.

I want a less expensive IEM for the wife. I purchased the Phantom with a COOL new face. I can’t wait to get it. Catherine went ALL OUT with her new line up of choices. I’ll post pics if u guys want when I get them. Mine will be the ciem as that will give me better everything and I don’t want to deal with the tips if I don’t have to. STOKED to say the least.

I will do a big write up after I get them and break them in. Not sure if I posted yet, but it was so awesome meeting another great group of folks im getting to know in Audio. I pushed myself more than I should have. Thank goodness for trains so I don’t need to drive lol. Train station is even in my town so the wife will pick me up. Ha. I feel blessed this evening. Out on my own which is rare, but eating some incredible sushi at sushi of Gari at 146 near the hotel. How can I listen to my Noble Savants again???

Any questions? BTW, the Leonidis cables and the Lionheart along with the new prototypes from Effects are well worth a serious audition. If you can afford it, it’s worth getting with these new iems, but buy the most IEM you can as this will make a BIGGER difference and that’s not even close. jMHO.
The bravado sounds nothing like the Spartans.
Edited for spelling

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #10,962 of 40,591

So great meeting you guys.

Feb 17, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #10,964 of 40,591
I’m pretty sure he means the Bravado poses a similar value (price-to-performance ratio) as the Spartans do.
I think that it presents a better p-p ratio, plus faster build times and default ares 2 cable. Just that the sound is way, way different. And that's why I will be the proud owner of both

Feb 17, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #10,965 of 40,591
Yes, I was talking value that is still high end. Just crazy compared to everything else my buddy and I heard other than one or two others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back