Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 6, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #10,081 of 40,579
Jan 6, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #10,082 of 40,579
Jan 6, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #10,083 of 40,579
I agree with all the points regarding hissing. Although it’s not really an issue if you have silent DAPs, it bothers someone like me who uses CIEMs at work. I often work with a variety of studio gear (from mixers, to Aviom monitor controllers, to live recording outputs from my laptop) and all of them tend to have unlistenable noise floors. Even after using my iFi Ear Buddy, a small amount of hiss still comes through, and trying to combat that hiss with volume just ends uo overloading my ears with SPL. Hopefully EE introduces a small internal fix to make sure this doesn’t happen with future releases; I’d rather need more volume to drive the IEMs any day. Though, I did listen to a couple EE demo units at MS, such as the Spartan and the Athena (these demos are quite new; only a few months old), and they seem to have less hiss than my customs do. So, it looks like Empire have listened to customer feedback and we can expect to have hiss-free IEMs in the future. :)

Jan 6, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #10,084 of 40,579
ΧR has zero hiss on the sony WM1A , just a friendly heads up

it hisses on the ak389 with amp. without amp, it’s dead silent.

Jan 6, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #10,085 of 40,579
No hissing. No Adel module. Nice bass slam, above neutral. Very compact shell, for universal.

No further speculation :wink: since I didn't hear the final tuned pair yet. Another month of waiting before CanJam NYC!

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #10,086 of 40,579
No hissing. No Adel module. Nice bass slam, above neutral. Very compact shell, for universal.

No further speculation :wink: since I didn't hear the final tuned pair yet. Another month of waiting before its official debut at CanJam NYC!

phantom i presume ?

Jan 6, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #10,087 of 40,579
Jan 6, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #10,088 of 40,579
Jan 6, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #10,090 of 40,579
Why can't I have it now?

animals-cat-kitten-cute-begging-kitten-wallpaper-1-jpg.181923

Jan 6, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #10,091 of 40,579
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #10,092 of 40,579
Jan 6, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #10,093 of 40,579
It's so hypocritical when companies pretend to be annoyed by people who want to know ASAP, they tease a few days in advance especially to create this type of hype, so please stop pretending to be surprised when people are hyped...

Here's why you can't have it now, dammit! :D

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...official-thread.831345/page-653#post-13954131

(P.S. I realise the EE launch isn't tied to CES, but I meant it's an equivalent scenario)

I'm not sure how to take that, Mim'

I am amused by the lack of patience amongst audiophiles (not just here on Head-Fi), but the same is true for smartphone lovers, computer geeks, etc etc etc.

Humans are crazy and funny and peculiar and a hundred other things.

I find it personally amusing (but not surprising), but I mean absolutely no harm or 'superiority' by that; I'm every bit as flawed as the next person, and I haven't noticed Chord or EE being hypocritical about it
blink-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #10,094 of 40,579
Capitalism at work. Get consumers excited and then they'll buy your product without all that annoying back-and-forth as they try to make up their minds. Movie trailers serve the same function- you can't see it yet but when we release it you will rush to the theaters to see it.

However, that said, EE is a VERY small shop, hardly a corporate giant, so there's only so much of them to go around. :) They've gotta build the IEMs, they've gotta hype the IEMs, they've gotta sell the IEMs, they've gotta service the customers. So, for basically two people, we can cut them some slack.

Jan 6, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #10,095 of 40,579
I'm not sure how to take that, Mim'

I am amused by the lack of patience amongst audiophiles (not just here on Head-Fi), but the same is true for smartphone lovers, computer geeks, etc etc etc.

Humans are crazy and funny and peculiar and a hundred other things.

I find it personally amusing (but not surprising), but I mean absolutely no harm or 'superiority' by that; I'm every bit as flawed as the next person, and I haven't noticed Chord or EE being hypocritical about it

You don't have to take it any way as the comment doesn't concern you.

There is hypocrisy not from a company in particular, but from companies in general. They build this hype and feed on it, so they should not pretend to be surprised or annoyed. Chord does it a little bit on the Facebook post : why are you guys so impatient...give me a break...they are as human nature dictates when you tease it and they count exactly on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back