Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 5, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #10,053 of 40,560
phantom / se5 ult are the 2 ciems that pique my interest atm

Jan 5, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #10,055 of 40,560
For very good reason. I'd wholeheartedly recommend waiting until the former is released before making your decision between the two.

what about tia fourte versus the legend ? worth the wait ? or should i just grab the previous haha.

Jan 5, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #10,056 of 40,560
what about tia fourte versus the legend ? worth the wait ? or should i just grab the previous haha.

I don’t know much about the Legend X, so I can’t tell you for sure. But, I would always advise - when making a purchase of this magnitude - to wait until you have as many options as possible before making up your mind. Both the Legend and the Phantom shouldn’t take much longer to come out, so you might as well wait for them before spending the cash.

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #10,057 of 40,560
itude - to wait until you have as many options as possible before making up your mind. Both the Legend and the Phantom shouldn’t take much longer to come out, so you might as well wait for them before spending the cash.

I have a time limited deal to buy a leonidas cable cheaply now so was thinking if I want to jump on the train now for tia fourte :p

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #10,058 of 40,560
where to buy the good price leonidas? i want to buy one too

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #10,059 of 40,560
Jan 5, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #10,061 of 40,560
Not personally too interested in the Phantom yet, I guess cause the bass was described as neutral, which from my experience ends up being lacking, for my personal tastes. Though I know that was just one person's very brief review and impression of it. And everything is too secretive at the moment to probably answer my questions lol. I am certainly hoping they do impress and hope to try them at CanJam NYC!

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #10,062 of 40,560
Not personally too interested in the Phantom yet, I guess cause the bass was described as neutral, which from my experience ends up being lacking, for my personal tastes. Though I know that was just one person's very brief review and impression of it. And everything is too secretive at the moment to probably answer my questions lol. I am certainly hoping they do impress and hope to try them at CanJam NYC!
We are aiming for more a more "natural" neutral. I feel that neutral often gets a bad name more synonymous with sterile and bass-light. The Phantom is neither sterile, nor bass-light. I will say that much.

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #10,063 of 40,560
We are aiming for more a more "natural" neutral. I feel that neutral often gets a bad name more synonymous with sterile and bass-light. The Phantom is neither sterile, nor bass-light. I will say that much.
Natural is definitely more up my alley than neutral, at least from what the standard(?) understanding of neutral has become (perhaps to me lol) :ksc75smile:

Looking forward to try them out! Might just have to get them on the spot at CanJam :L3000:

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #10,064 of 40,560
well Zeus XR is definitely best (c)iem i have owned , no doubt about it

very curious to see how Phantom stacks up against it - or maybe say next to it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back