Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 1, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #3,782 of 40,606
That's why you should get Zeus XR (XR -> XIV and R) which has both signatures you can select with a flip of a switch.

Truly an awesome configuration, you'd be surprised how each signature fits certain tracks better than the other, absolutely amazing... I mean what other IEM does this? Zeus XR is truly unique, and Empire Ears are the team to do it!

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #3,783 of 40,606
XIV has less hiss and more resolution? What about bass quality or treble (mids, highs) quality? Thanks.

That doesn't help me at all.. haha .. an exchange of kids to highs and a more 'flat' signature? So the original XIV with the B1 would be the best way to go? Elevated highs / mids with same bass? So many ways to choose.. you know which kind of music I listen to.. pop/kpop , vocals and dance.. what are people's recommendations? Thanks.

The R is not flat per say. It's just more reference or 'neutral' than the Zeus. For your case I think I would go R. Yes, the slightly more elevated mids might be tempting for vocals but since you listen to a wider range of stuff I would recommend the more versatile R.

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #3,787 of 40,606
@Jack Vang : any  teasers of universal XR Adel?
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #3,789 of 40,606

Nailed it! We've also made some revisions to the XR and Zeus ADEL models since RMAF. Initially we were testing to see if we could kill some of the hiss in the R but too many folks noticed a loss in resolution when A/B with the original R so we've reverted back to our original configuration. Also with the ADEL tech each model will gain an additional sound bore/port. All of the Zeus ADEL demos at RMAF only had 4, the mids being combined in order to retain a smaller form factor, whereas the final production version will have 5. It'll be a tad bit larger but it's performance that we're ultimately after and I think you guys will be really pleased with what we've achieved.

Unfortunately we will not be offering an upgrade service for the ADEL tech as it wouldn't be cost effective for us or the customer but we will however be offering a discount for returning customers. PM, e-mail (jack@empireears.com), or text me (404) 808-3405 for details.

Cannot wait for mine to arrive! Been counting days LOL.

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #3,793 of 40,606
  So we might be able to customize the module's color too?

No, ADEL modules are color coded per their model/application.  B1 is black, G1 is red, S1 is silver, and so does adjustable MAM.

Here are the pics, and the flat top is not ADEL, it's 64audio own APEX module (nothing to do with ADEL tech).

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #3,794 of 40,606
I have a question, I've been watching the world series pre and post game commentary and notice the iem the people are wearing. It looks like Frank Thomas has a pair of Empire Ears on, solid face color and gold EE. Is this true?

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #3,795 of 40,606

i am waiting for a normal athena ciem, but curious what are the differences between these 3 modules in general

thanx

In the context of 64 Audio a total of 4 modules were developed by Asius. The silver S1 was used as default (warm and bassy with most isolation), but not used in the EE lineup.
Black B1 - less isolation, less bass, more treble, balanced and airy
Deep red G1 - less isolation, more subbass, even more treble, V-shaped and fun
MAM - adjustable isolation and signature

Full post here with comparos done with A12. http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/6765#post_12898846

Users who are viewing this thread

Back