Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 8, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #36,842 of 40,731
I wonder how soon comparisons to Trailii will start rolling out. When I last heard it, I thought the quality was very close (with EE house bass) but for thousands less.

When I listened to the Trailii and the Odyssey at SoCal, I liked the Odyssey much more. Different strokes for different folks …

Nov 8, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #36,843 of 40,731
To me, Odyssey is not like Traillii at all. The first thing I hear when I listen to Odyssey is DD timbre. That is not Traillii. If anything, the main comparisons to Traillii will be Mentor. Given my private discussions with many different headfiers, Mentor has the potential of being the Traillii killer as it is the new number 1 for many people who have heard everything. Odyssey can coexist with it as they are complementary.

Nov 8, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #36,845 of 40,731
Geez. I feel lucky. Went to headphones.com yesterday and it said preorder. I enquired if it was still available and they told me last pair so I snatched them up!

Congratulations, you're very lucky! Our batch sold out very fast.

When I listened to the Trailii and the Odyssey at SoCal, I liked the Odyssey much more. Different strokes for different folks …

I'm in the same boat. the Tralili was just not it for me.

To me, Odyssey is not like Traillii at all. The first thing I hear when I listen to Odyssey is DD timbre. That is not Traillii. If anything, the main comparisons to Traillii will be Mentor. Given my private discussions with many different headfiers, Mentor has the potential of being the Traillii killer as it is the new number 1 for many people who have heard everything. Odyssey can coexist with it as they are complementary.
I heard the same about Odin and Evo. We will see.

Empire Ears did a very smart thing building out their flagship line-up. The cool thing about the Odyssey, Evo, and Odin in my opinion is that they do not really take away from one another. It's more more of a case for preference to the victor's spoils go.
  • The Odin is there for you if you lean more towards a midrange focused presentation.
  • The Evo is there for you if you lean more towards a bass focused presentation.
  • The Odyssey is there for you if you don't really want to compromise between both but keeping in mind you won't get the "best of this specific frequency range" kind of experience.
Hope that helps y'all :)

Nov 8, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #36,846 of 40,731
I guess it's a measure of how good Traillii has been, but the reason I've always liked EE is that they weren't trying to make something like Traillii. I hope that doesn't change.

Nov 8, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #36,848 of 40,731
Hello 😍

2244D0E2-CF88-48E9-9408-D3218B29A551.jpeg

Nov 9, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #36,849 of 40,731
I agree with you that Mentor should be perceived as main Traillii contender, but I really doubt that it could dethrone the Bird due to much more intimate stage and coloration.

Nov 9, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #36,851 of 40,731

Have you heard both the mentor and fabled sond?

Nov 10, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #36,853 of 40,731
Can anyone please compare Odyssey and Noble Kublai Khan using proper aftermarket cables?
I wonder if it would be worth to upgrade.

Nov 10, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #36,854 of 40,731
Just wondering , those Odessy's look very big for an IEM . I wonder how they fit ? Any discomfort issues for those that already have them ? I have already ordered a pair last week and they look so promising . I can't see anything else for the price that could replace them . maybe Odin , but I keep reading about the upper midrange issues that would probably ruin it for me . Thanks .

Nov 10, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #36,855 of 40,731
Just wondering , those Odessy's look very big for an IEM . I wonder how they fit ? Any discomfort issues for those that already have them ? I have already ordered a pair last week and they look so promising . I can't see anything else for the price that could replace them . maybe Odin , but I keep reading about the upper midrange issues that would probably ruin it for me . Thanks .
Their volume extends moreso outside the ear than inside the concha if that makes sense... so they stick out rather than feel big inside the ear. You already ordered them so just enjoy the waiting process and get excited rather than worry! I am sensitive to upper midrange as well and the Odyssey is much better for me than the Odin, albeit a more relaxed listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back