Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 10, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #36,856 of 40,713
Can anyone please compare Odyssey and Noble Kublai Khan using proper aftermarket cables?
I wonder if it would be worth to upgrade.
If Odyssey is on par with Odin, then Kublai Khan is incomparable with them...

Nov 10, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #36,858 of 40,713
Just wondering , those Odessy's look very big for an IEM . I wonder how they fit ? Any discomfort issues for those that already have them ? I have already ordered a pair last week and they look so promising . I can't see anything else for the price that could replace them . maybe Odin , but I keep reading about the upper midrange issues that would probably ruin it for me . Thanks .

Fitting is up to the individual (must try it yourself) . But the important thing is the ear tips to keep it stuck in the ear canal.

I've tried many different ear tips, but the best one is Final type E that comes in the box.

The upper midrange is all about the tastes of the people and the type of music they listen to.

You have already ordered , then feel free until received it. :smiley_cat:

However, I hate the Odyssey. Day or night , it's hard to focus when taking pictures. :joy:

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #36,859 of 40,713
Their volume extends moreso outside the ear than inside the concha if that makes sense... so they stick out rather than feel big inside the ear. You already ordered them so just enjoy the waiting process and get excited rather than worry! I am sensitive to upper midrange as well and the Odyssey is much better for me than the Odin, albeit a more relaxed listen.
Yes, what you said makes perfect sense . I am not worrying about the fit now , I just feel so excited . The anticipation is killing me . Thanks for sharing .

Nov 11, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #36,860 of 40,713
Fitting is up to the individual (must try it yourself) . But the important thing is the ear tips to keep it stuck in the ear canal.

I've tried many different ear tips, but the best one is Final type E that comes in the box.

The upper midrange is all about the tastes of the people and the type of music they listen to.

You have already ordered , then feel free until received it. :smiley_cat:

However, I hate the Odyssey. Day or night , it's hard to focus when taking pictures. :joy:

314921093_394155266171430_5726365732235267863_n.jpg
You are right about the upper midrange tuning being about people's taste . I didn't mean to say anything was wrong with the tunning . I can see that I worded it wrong . I'll keep in mind about the Final type E tips . Thanks .

Nov 11, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #36,861 of 40,713
Their volume extends moreso outside the ear than inside the concha if that makes sense... so they stick out rather than feel big inside the ear. You already ordered them so just enjoy the waiting process and get excited rather than worry! I am sensitive to upper midrange as well and the Odyssey is much better for me than the Odin, albeit a more relaxed listen.
I actually prefer this type of fit, some of the IEMs like EXT, KK, Ragnar require v close fitting and/or deep insertion which isn’t as comfortable upon initial wearing, but I acclimatise thereafter

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #36,864 of 40,713
Nov 12, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #36,867 of 40,713
Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly is stupid good on these, Jazzy Hip-hop really plays to the Odyssey's strengths.
PXL_20221112_094315256.jpg

Nov 12, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #36,870 of 40,713
I understand that them was kept in Korea. And distributed to foreign dealers to keep in stock first.
But you'll have to ask A&K. :smile:
AK is a Korean company, this is just a collaboration with a US company.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back