Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 17, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #35,266 of 40,671
Hey there. I was made aware of the situation the day of your email and advised Nathan to provide a return shipping label so that we can address the situation ASAP. If you haven't received this PM me and i'll get you squared away. If you or anyone else feels that our CS team is not responsive to your needs you're always welcome to contact me directly via Jack@EmpireEars.com or PM.
Thanks for replying so quickly, Jack. I'll send a PM. I've been checking my email daily and haven't received any communication.

Mar 17, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #35,267 of 40,671
Sad for your experience, mate. Quite surprising For me, to be honest. I had an RMA with them around the same time as yours and also with an LX and all was sorted out quite smoothly.
Thanks man. Maybe I "fell through the cracks" or something like that. I was dealing with a lot in my personal life so I was just passively waiting. Besides having to pay, nothing really bothered me until I opened that box, then it all cumulatively hit me.

Mar 17, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #35,268 of 40,671
Thanks man. Maybe I "fell through the cracks" or something like that. I was dealing with a lot in my personal life so I was just passively waiting. Besides having to pay, nothing really bothered me until I opened that box, then it all cumulatively hit me.
It will be alright… you have the big boss looking after it now. Good luck there and on your personal life.

Mar 17, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #35,269 of 40,671
It will be alright… you have the big boss looking after it now. Good luck there and on your personal life.
Thanks man. Things are definitely looking up!

I got a call a bit earlier but didn't pick up because I didn't know the number. Checked my voicemail and it was Jack 😳. I nervously called back and he's definitely taking care of it.

Mar 17, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #35,270 of 40,671
Thanks man. Things are definitely looking up!

I got a call a bit earlier but didn't pick up because I didn't know the number. Checked my voicemail and it was Jack 😳. I nervously called back and he's definitely taking care of it.

Take this with a grain of salt since I'm a diehard Empire Ears fan but most if not all of the issues are because Jack isn't aware and as you know the world is in constant turmoil now... which has hit everyone differently. I always suggest people message him directly at the first glimpse of potential issues.

Mar 17, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #35,271 of 40,671
Hey there. I was made aware of the situation the day of your email and advised Nathan to provide a return shipping label so that we can address the situation ASAP. If you haven't received this PM me and i'll get you squared away. If you or anyone else feels that our CS team is not responsive to your needs you're always welcome to contact me directly via Jack@EmpireEars.com or PM.

Hi Jack,

Is it true that using another cable other than the stock will void the warranty if there is an issue with the sockets loosening? It seems strange if this is official policy since users on this thread are always posting pictures of upgraded cables they bought to use with their EE iems.

On a similar note, I can’t understand why the industry uses 3 different sizes of pins, .75, .78, and .80. Not saying that is what EE does, but it seems ridiculous that this situation exists. 🤷

Mar 17, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #35,272 of 40,671
Hi Jack,

Is it true that using another cable other than the stock will void the warranty if there is an issue with the sockets loosening? It seems strange if this is official policy since users on this thread are always posting pictures of upgraded cables they bought to use with their EE iems.

On a similar note, I can’t understand why the industry uses 3 different sizes of pins, .75, .78, and .80. Not saying that is what EE does, but it seems ridiculous that this situation exists. 🤷
I only know it today that there are 3 sizes existed for 2-pin cable, I should be more careful when I order cable next time.

Mar 17, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #35,273 of 40,671
I only know it today that there are 3 sizes existed for 2-pin cable, I should be more careful when I order cable next time.

I wasn’t suggesting that an iem can be ordered with different pin sizes, just that there are the 3 sizes from my research. I believe .78 is the standard size used by most makers, but not all. Doesn’t make sense to me especially since I like to experiment with different cables at times. ✌️

I wish the industry adopted a brand new fitting that enhances the long term durability of a connection since both MMCX and 2-pin have issues, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #35,274 of 40,671
I wasn’t suggesting that an iem can be ordered with different pin sizes, just that there are the 3 sizes from my research. I believe .78 is the standard size used by most makers, but not all. Doesn’t make sense to me especially since I like to experiment with different cables at times. ✌️

I wish the industry adopted a brand new fitting that enhances the long term durability of a connection since both MMCX and 2-pin have issues, in my opinion.
I agree. I just ‘fear’ that the carelessness if you will of many, would negate anything short of bomb proof.

Mar 17, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #35,275 of 40,671
When I thought EVO + 3MAX couldn't get any better, EVO + N8ii is pure eargasmic - the textural bass + sub-bass... :L3000:

IMG_4479.jpeg

Mar 17, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #35,277 of 40,671
Mar 17, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #35,278 of 40,671
When I thought EVO + 3MAX couldn't get any better, EVO + N8ii is pure eargasmic - the textural bass + sub-bass... :L3000:

IMG_4479.jpeg
No debating the bass...it's the best I ever heard. But what about the upper mids and lower treble? I couldn't tolerate either. Any better with the Cayin versus other DAPs?
This isn't an attempt to troll - it's a genuine question.

Mar 17, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #35,279 of 40,671
I forgot to post mine here! 😂

01D5546F-16F3-4C8D-B0FA-EB6477EA61AF.jpeg
Anyone else getting a pair of green-eyed robots vibe from this picture? Something very sci-fi about it :D

Mar 17, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #35,280 of 40,671
I agree. I just ‘fear’ that the carelessness if you will of many, would negate anything short of bomb proof.

Perhaps, but for those of us who are addicted to flagships, I would imagine like me they would be really careful when inserting or disconnecting cables. 🤔

A recent purchase of the MEST Indigo is actually the first time I had to deal with loose sockets. When I received it from Musicteck, the included cable fit quite loosely, barely able to maintain the connection due to the weight of the cable. Musicteck replaced it with a brand new set, but it still had this issue, just not to the same degree. I resolved this by using my Eletech Balmung cable which has slightly fatter pins. Fortunately, the Eletech cable sounds great and works quite nicely with the Indigo.

JH Audio and FIR use proprietary connectors that look to be screw-ons. Since iems have evolved quite a bit from their inception, and since it is quite common to see such items priced in the many thousands of dollars, the current 2-pins are archaic, especially since cables have gotten much heavier as they have evolved. A screw-on or other such design would remedy the issue of variances that plague 2-pins. I am not a fan of MMCX connectors since I’ve had connection issues using them … no, we need a new connection design that is up to the task of repeated connections/disconnections. In my opinion, of course. ✌️

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back