Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 25, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #34,891 of 40,577
You made a good choice. I’m so happy with mine I may sell them and just put the money away anticipating a custom version in the future.
:astonished:

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #34,895 of 40,577
Loving this set up tonight after 3 nights of listening to EXT exclusively. These two (EXT and Odin) are so complementary and I’m really just finding myself spending less and less time on headfi due to being completely satisfied… nothing is even remotely on my radar after the C9 purchase. Crystal tips on Odin plus C9 on Tube / Class A mode is pure magic *chefs kiss*

Attachments

• C56EBA28-48A7-40E3-A569-6FEBAB7BC2EA.jpeg
    C56EBA28-48A7-40E3-A569-6FEBAB7BC2EA.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 27, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #34,898 of 40,577
I had to choose between these top tier IEMs, and since my choice fell on the Legend Evo, you can imagine how sick good they are!
Legend EVO is still my number 1 IEM.

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #34,899 of 40,577
I change IEMs quite often that is why i can not afford to order custom IEMs :frowning2: But I will enjoy these at least until Odin with BC driver, or Trailli with BC driver comes out .. Hopefully they will last until Q3 with this release (fingers crossed)
If Odin comes out with a BC driver, I am blind buying a Custom.

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #34,900 of 40,577
C9B06B35-4C1E-4386-8FC1-66019EF66F38.jpeg
Things are about to get interesting

I have the MEXT with me now. I think the Legend Evo is a different class from the MEXT with tonalities being excluded from my judgment. The MEXT is very good for its price though. The MEST Indigo is the real deal from the MEST line up.

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #34,901 of 40,577
I have the MEXT with me now. I think the Legend Evo is a different class from the MEXT with tonalities being excluded from my judgment. The MEXT is very good for its price though. The MEST Indigo is the real deal from the MEST line up.
EVO and Indigo are 2 of my favorite IEMs. When listening to both and comparing them to my other IEMs, I have a much better sense of what bone conduction drivers are doing. They really do have a significant impact on imaging given it that holographic sound signature.

Jan 27, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #34,902 of 40,577
I’m going to do a lot more testing but from initial assessment, yea the EVO is noticeably outperforming the MEXT. Couldn’t really get a sense of what the conduction was really even adding like I can with EVO. Like I said it was brief though, that may change. Tonally I feel like the mids, vocals especially and low treble are brighter and thinner in density. Burn in is commencing now and I’ll revisit.

Jan 27, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #34,903 of 40,577
I’m going to do a lot more testing but from initial assessment, yea the EVO is noticeably outperforming the MEXT. Couldn’t really get a sense of what the conduction was really even adding like I can with EVO. Like I said it was brief though, that may change. Tonally I feel like the mids, vocals especially and low treble are brighter and thinner in density. Burn in is commencing now and I’ll revisit.

For the MEXT I could only really notice it up until the lower mids/some male vocals. I haven’t listened too much though if I’m honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back