Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 21, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #34,847 of 40,577
Do you have any idea if they will eventually have an EVO demo unit?
Audio Sanctuary in New Malden received the Evo in stock yesterday, went to demo that with the Odin. Great shop, would recommend a visit if you're in London

Jan 21, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #34,849 of 40,577
Audio Sanctuary in New Malden received the Evo in stock yesterday, went to demo that with the Odin. Great shop, would recommend a visit if you're in London
How did you get on with the demo?

Jan 21, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #34,850 of 40,577
I only had a short time with both, was during a work lunch break. The Odin was terminated in 2.5mm so had that connected to fiio btr5 to phone via cable. Evo was 4.4mm and was through Woo Wa11 cabled to phone. I typically listen to EDM/ Pop/ Sound tracks stuff.

Listened to the Odin first, it was actually really good, the imaging and placement within the soundstage of things were much more defined that my other iems. For example Ava Max - Sweet but psycho (don't judge), song starts her doing a scream and the placement of it was so far out, I took off the iem thinking it was something happening outside. Lol. Otherwise generally I like the tuning, the do not mind the forwardness of the mids, the bass is called upon if the track requires it. I love the design, the shells look so good. Shells were large but comfortable and had no problem with them. I will probably get this iem at some point. Vocals on this were very nice, crisp and clear.

The Evo, understated design, probably more suitable for being in public, the shell is slightly bigger and I could tell I was wearing an IEM whereas the Odin just disappeared. It didn't feel uncomfortable, and my ears will adjust anyway. My solaris used to be painful after 1/2 hr and now they fit no problem. Anyway, for the sound ; the bass is mad. It may even be too much?? But it's so good. I can easily see the Odin & Evo being complimentary. The bone conductor is subtle but makes a difference, it seems to envelop you in the bass which is already elevated.

There was an odin and evo both on the used market, I went with the evo mostly as I listen to EDM. I should receive them on monday, and will perhaps write a better indepth review, although am not an expert on this stuff, plus would like to test it out on my desktop gear

Jan 22, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #34,852 of 40,577
Seems like unique melody taking some legal action between EVO and their new bone conduction product. EVO launch first but unique melody really the first company to put bone conduction in IEM. What do you guys think?

Bone conduction technology has been around ages and despite remaining adamant about not infringing on a patent that is only applicable in China they continue to hurl threats and defamation statements for clout. Also, who releases an exact imitation of something after it's been released and calls it the original? You're welcome.

Jan 22, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #34,853 of 40,577
Seems like unique melody taking some legal action between EVO and their new bone conduction product. EVO launch first but unique melody really the first company to put bone conduction in IEM. What do you guys think?
I think it’s odd a new Headfi account with hardly any posts, comes to this thread to post what you did. Did you post this in the UM thread as well?

BUT… since you asked…

I think UM is releasing a new IEM and charging $7k like a bunch of jackazzez so they have enough cash to survive being molly whopped for defamation. I also think the way they have handled this allegation publicly has done irreparable damage to their reputation.

Jan 22, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #34,854 of 40,577
I think it’s odd a new Headfi account with hardly any posts, comes to this thread to post what you did. Did you post this in the UM thread as well?

BUT… since you asked…

I think UM is releasing a new IEM and charging $7k like a bunch of jackazzez so they have enough cash to survive being molly whopped for defamation. I also think the way they have handled this allegation publicly has done irreparable damage to their reputation.
I personally wouldn't use a UM IEM if they were giving them away for free after this debacle.

Jan 22, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #34,855 of 40,577
I personally wouldn't use a UM IEM if they were giving them away for free after this debacle.
Hey I have a UM IEM I would like to give you...interested?

Jan 22, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #34,858 of 40,577
UM makes good products. Why don't you just compete in the market and let the chips fall where they may?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back