Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 21, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #32,446 of 40,587
Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #32,450 of 40,587
I don't want to speak for @TomKorn, but the video is posted on IG. From what I saw:
-the packaging is not the same 'tiered' box as more recent releases; it's a new design
-i didn't see a mesh sleeve
-couldn't tell what sorts of ear tips were included, but they looked like their typical final E tips
-the unit he unboxed is not a launch edition (i.e., it came with the metal puck case, not the Vishnu leather case)

To be clear, the box was labeled as "demo," and so it's not entirely clear if this reflects the full retail version.

I confirmed with Jack, double-pocket mesh sleeve (similar to the one included with CFA iems) will be included with retail EVO packaging. This one:

ee-evo-x11.jpg

Sep 21, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #32,451 of 40,587
I confirmed with Jack, double-pocket mesh sleeve (similar to the one included with CFA iems) will be included with retail EVO packaging. This one:

ee-evo-x11.jpg
This is a must as far as i am concerned. I always use the CFA pouch.

P.S.; damn that Evo shell shape and logo really is stunning. And im really annoyed that i wont be able to use the cable....

Sep 21, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #32,452 of 40,587
Sep 21, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #32,455 of 40,587
Sep 22, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #32,458 of 40,587
So how does the Legend EVO actually sound with new BC drivers? Treble with no EST drivers, that's disappointing but it looks mighty flashy. Is it worth it?
To me, they sound spectacular, but ultimately it will depend on your personal preferences for sound. I characterize the Legend X EVO as a bass head IEM for audiophiles meaning that it has fantastic and highly elevated bass, but with a more balanced signature than the original Legend X. Not sure what is happening with the bone conduction drivers, but I can say that both my MEST OG and the Legend X EVO have fantastic sound stage and imaging and I think the BD drivers assist here. I don't miss the EST drivers. I find that in general they do not always sound great. I do listen to a lot of classical music and Jazz. The Legend X EVO would not be my first choice IEM for these genre. But, they sound great with any music that has a rhythm section which is most of what I listen to.

Sep 22, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #32,459 of 40,587
Fantastic pics man, you should definitely share more of your work around here - don't see any reason why you can't post artistic pics even as a MoT.
Well, thank you very much. I am just a hobbyist regarding photography. I do take photos of most of my products, especially the manufacturer ones I am not happy with. 😅 I have more on my Instagram but happy to share here in the future.

Sep 22, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #32,460 of 40,587
To me, they sound spectacular, but ultimately it will depend on your personal preferences for sound. I characterize the Legend X EVO as a bass head IEM for audiophiles meaning that it has fantastic and highly elevated bass, but with a more balanced signature than the original Legend X. Not sure what is happening with the bone conduction drivers, but I can say that both my MEST OG and the Legend X EVO have fantastic sound stage and imaging and I think the BD drivers assist here. I don't miss the EST drivers. I find that in general they do not always sound great. I do listen to a lot of classical music and Jazz. The Legend X EVO would not be my first choice IEM for these genre. But, they sound great with any music that has a rhythm section which is most of what I listen to.
I agree. EST does not always mean the best treble. It's all about the implementation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back