Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 22, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #32,476 of 40,591
Hey there, I have both MEST MKI and MKII, and I love them. I also own the Odin. How would you think the EVO compares to the MEST? Worth adding to my collection? Different enough? Thanks!!

Someone please answer this! My situation is the same and the EVO looks like it needs to be inside my head.

Sep 22, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #32,480 of 40,591
I have a Legend X and won't get Evo anytime likely since I am satisfied already.
If I wanted to be satisfied I'd have a Snickers bar. :wink: Seriously though, I'm happy enough with my current IEMs as well that I'll be waiting for the non-Launch Edition EVO.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #32,481 of 40,591
Hey there, I have both MEST MKI and MKII, and I love them. I also own the Odin. How would you think the EVO compares to the MEST? Worth adding to my collection? Different enough? Thanks!!
I own MEST OG, Odin, Legend X, Z1R and others. I believe that the MEST MK1 is very complementary to EVO. They both stand out in sound stage and imaging. They are completely different in their signature. EVO is for bass lovers. It has highly elevated bass and is great with any music that emphasizes bass. It's great for modern pop music. I like listening to Classical music with the MEST.

I do think that the EVO has strengths similar to Odin, MEST OG and Z1R. It has Odin's bass texture and detail which makes sense since they both have the weapon 9+ drivers. It has Z1R impact and punch which the Legend X does not. It has MEST sound stage and imaging qualities which the Odin lacks. After hearing it for 2 hours, I knew I needed it in my collection and was willing to pay full retail price for it. If it came in custom, I would have bought the custom because Empire Ears is great at the custom IEM. When I get mine, I plan on doing a detailed review after listening and comparing it to everything I own and pairing it with all of my sources. I want to answer the question "is this my favorite IEM" and where does it fit in my portfolio.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #32,482 of 40,591
Canon 6D MKII with Canon L series macro lens 100mm. 😅
'Great set-up, man. I have the exact same, but with a 5D MKIII. 'Scuffed to bits with a dead SD card reader to boot, but she still gets the job done. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 22, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #32,484 of 40,591
just jumped in the EVO bandwagon.... it will be a long wait though, first two batches already full booked, I'm listed in the third batch, hopefully dec/jan :relaxed:
Whoa, they are already sold out of the first 2 batches?

Sep 22, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #32,486 of 40,591
I can be an impatient jerk as a consumer. A long wait adds a hurdle to me purchasing. Which is actually good for me, hahahaha.

Based on what's in the market, and soon to be released, it's LX EVO or bust for me. I still can't get myself to this price level and spending such a large chunk of my hobbies budget on a single audio purchase, but that said, I have slammed on the brakes for a few months when it comes to audio spending to give me room to "get there" hahaha.

Sep 22, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #32,488 of 40,591
'Great set-up, man. I have the exact same, but with a 5D MKIII. 'Scuffed to bits with a dead SD card reader to boot, but she still gets the job done. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Great reviews btw. 😉👍 You make wonderful pictures yourself! I def. need a lightbox one day. Also I should use a tripod rather than shooting out of my hand with ISO 3200 in my office. 😅

Sep 22, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #32,489 of 40,591
Great reviews btw. 😉👍 You make wonderful pictures yourself! I def. need a lightbox one day. Also I should use a tripod rather than shooting out of my hand with ISO 3200 in my office. 😅
Thanks, man! Yeah, my light box lets me go to 100 ISO easily. I personally don’t use a tripod. It’s too much of a hassle to compose with. But, if you’re doing outdoor shots like you are, then it could be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back