Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 5, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #30,826 of 40,582
3 days after receiving my custom LX... I sure hope it is NOT a new LX mk2!!! :angry:
Lol we shall see very very soon.

But we also gotta remember that not all MKII’s are actual upgrades. So unless, there’s stuff you don’t really like about the LX then it might make sense. But then again, you wouldn’t have gone with a custom if you didn’t love the LX. Even the LX SE that provided a slightly different tuning still wasn’t as loved as the OG since the OG has its own characteristics that people that like it, love so much.

The Valkyrie and Valkyrie MKII is another one of those, I read on Twitter from a few JP audiophiles actually enjoyed the extremely energetic sound of the OG Valky than the MKII, to them, the latter kinda lost its charm.

But still, I understand how you’d feel if that was the case tho 😂

But I’m sure it’ll be something completely different from the insane fist bumping fun sound of the LX.

Aug 5, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #30,827 of 40,582
Lol we shall see very very soon.

But we also gotta remember that not all MKII’s are actual upgrades. So unless, there’s stuff you don’t really like about the LX then it might make sense. But then again, you wouldn’t have gone with a custom if you didn’t love the LX. Even the LX SE that provided a slightly different tuning still wasn’t as loved as the OG since the OG has its own characteristics that people that like it, love so much.

The Valkyrie and Valkyrie MKII is another one of those, I read on Twitter from a few JP audiophiles actually enjoyed the extremely energetic sound of the OG Valky than the MKII, to them, the latter kinda lost its charm.

But still, I understand how you’d feel if that was the case tho 😂

But I’m sure it’ll be something completely different from the insane fist bumping fun sound of the LX.
Apparently the Asian tuning are more energetic on most IEMs that has this kind of version. 🧐

Aug 5, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #30,830 of 40,582
Aug 5, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #30,831 of 40,582
maybe its called the LX evo
Could be.. or maybe it will have a new name.
LX is 7 Hybrid Design: 2 W9 Subwoofers, 2 Mid, 1 Mid-High, 1 High, 1 Super High.
If "EVO" has 8 drivers could be 2 W10 Subwoofers, 2 Mid, 1 Mid-High, 1 High, 2EST Super High:thinking::yum:

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #30,834 of 40,582
@Jack Vang and Dean have been cooking in the kitchen again... Brace yourselves people! 🤑

1628161745450.png

someone with good skills needs to put Jack and Dean's faces over this pic

and we can call it ..... Breaking Wallets :xf_cool:

Aug 5, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #30,835 of 40,582
I wanted to add to my initial LX sound impressions:
After 6-7 hours of combined burn-in and actual listening to, I think the bass is starting to tighten a little. I am sure that will continue to improve even more...
Also, as others have said before me - despite the HUGE bass when called for, it feels just right and very nicely connected to the mids without bleeding into the mids!

To try and illustrate with pictures, I think many people (who have not auditioned the LX) imagine it would be the equivalent of this:
1628122734929.png

Whereas I think the LX is more like:
1628123015052.png

(obviously, the wheels represent the bass...)
Nailed it. Though with a warm source and Final E tips you can turn the bottom one into the top one if you're that way inclined!

Aug 5, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #30,837 of 40,582
I don’t believe they are proprietary to UM. They have been around for a while. Also, not all bone conduction drivers are the same or serve the same purpose.
I think the W10s are gonna still be DDs. Otherwise, it’d create a bit of confusion. We’re a day away from the show anyway. I’m as excited to see what it really is as all of you are. :wink:

Aug 5, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #30,839 of 40,582
Aug 5, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #30,840 of 40,582
But we also gotta remember that not all MKII’s are actual upgrades.

Fair point. I would lump the MEST MKii in with the MKii's that weren't necessarily an upgrade for everyone.

That said I'd love to see an LX with their updated bass drivers found in the Bravado MKii and Odin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back