Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 7, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #28,276 of 40,678
Wow, it was some time ago and I can’t even remember I posted this one :smile:. Back then, I just got the Odin and was just trying out some cables. I’ve totally forgotten which cable it was. Perhaps I was still new with the Odin sound at that time, I’m not sure. Could be one of the spc cables I have in my possession or a cable I’ve tried at the audio shop. I think it was just a standard spc cable and wasn’t an expensive one. At that time, everyone is saying the Odin is best tuned with the 1960 cable (aka Stormbreaker), so I just didn’t continue testing it. Now that you mentioned it, I may try to recall and do some tests to see how spc do to the Odin sound again. Just hope I wouldn’t get stabbed with the pitchfork :sweat_smile:.

I haven’t been listening to the Odin lately but I still take it out to admire it. Love the beautiful color rainbow design.

😍😍😍

Apr 8, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #28,277 of 40,678
Forgive me if it's been mentioned but this thread moves at a breakneck pace...
Has anyone mentioned a comparison of the Bravado Mk 2 and the Odin and the Valkyrie Mk 2.. I guess I should do more research but I am just so taken by the sound of the Bravado Mk2. I love the balance and it's a very good iem with music that doesn't even feature bass but when that bass comes in, it's just such an addictive foundation but never overblown or too much.. My UM 3DT have great mids as I love DD mids and on it's own the bass is "fine" but really it just ends up sounding like I'm missing something.. The beauty of the this new Bravado is that the bass just sounds like it's supposed to be that way. The first iteration was kind of more suiting of the name "Bravado" as described in @gLer 's review. Brash and imposing but fun. This still has the power but it's refined.

I'm just wondering if the Vlakyrie 2 and Odin are a similar tuning but up the technical chops, bring in more detail and power to the bass in a balanced form and brings in the "air" and detail and realism that is not exactly missing but definitely not at all up to the par of the Elysium. I wouldn't compare the Elysium as something other than a complementary iem but this new vector of iem is just so addicting that I am compelled into following it further..

Apr 8, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #28,278 of 40,678
I haven’t been listening to the Odin lately but I still take it out to admire it. Love the beautiful color rainbow design.

why so ? which iem is getting your ear time atm ?

Apr 8, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #28,279 of 40,678
I have no doubt. Some people find the Elysium's and Andromeda's bass more than enough. The LX just seems to have this reputation for overwhelming bass, and for the life of me I can't figure out why. To each his own in this wonderful, crazy hobby of ours.
After owning the Odins & LXs for a couple weeks I just sold my Andromedas. I really really loved them and thought I would keep them forever. But now I am totally spoiled by the Empire Ears. I couldn’t go back to BA bass anymore.

I found the LXs bass to be overwhelming when I put them into my ears for the first few minutes. Since then I feel this inner of joy everytime I am about to use them. Like a child which is about to steel some candy from the stash :ksc75smile:

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #28,281 of 40,678
Wow, it was some time ago and I can’t even remember I posted this one :smile:. Back then, I just got the Odin and was just trying out some cables. I’ve totally forgotten which cable it was. Perhaps I was still new with the Odin sound at that time, I’m not sure. Could be one of the spc cables I have in my possession or a cable I’ve tried at the audio shop. I think it was just a standard spc cable and wasn’t an expensive one. At that time, everyone is saying the Odin is best tuned with the 1960 cable (aka Stormbreaker), so I just didn’t continue testing it. Now that you mentioned it, I may try to recall and do some tests to see how spc do to the Odin sound again. Just hope I wouldn’t get stabbed with the pitchfork :sweat_smile:.

Thanks. Yes that post was a blast from the past. I was interested though if cable rolling with SPC gave a different presentation. I am finding the highs just a little bit bright for my preference at the moment and so I’m looking to just reduce a bit of the shine. To be honest I think it might be some more brain burn is needed because the Odin is a really good IEM.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #28,282 of 40,678
Forgive me if it's been mentioned but this thread moves at a breakneck pace...
Has anyone mentioned a comparison of the Bravado Mk 2 and the Odin and the Valkyrie Mk 2.. I guess I should do more research but I am just so taken by the sound of the Bravado Mk2. I love the balance and it's a very good iem with music that doesn't even feature bass but when that bass comes in, it's just such an addictive foundation but never overblown or too much.. My UM 3DT have great mids as I love DD mids and on it's own the bass is "fine" but really it just ends up sounding like I'm missing something.. The beauty of the this new Bravado is that the bass just sounds like it's supposed to be that way. The first iteration was kind of more suiting of the name "Bravado" as described in @gLer 's review. Brash and imposing but fun. This still has the power but it's refined.

I'm just wondering if the Vlakyrie 2 and Odin are a similar tuning but up the technical chops, bring in more detail and power to the bass in a balanced form and brings in the "air" and detail and realism that is not exactly missing but definitely not at all up to the par of the Elysium. I wouldn't compare the Elysium as something other than a complementary iem but this new vector of iem is just so addicting that I am compelled into following it further..
The obvious direct upgrade to the Bravado MKII would be the LX but with a world of difference in technicalities. Much wider, airy and open with much smoother, detailed sound. Bass is on another level but doesn’t ruin the rest of the tuning.

The Valkyrie has emphasized sub bass but less mid bass that rolls into very clean and detailed mids/treble. It’s V shaped but doesn’t sound as scooped in the lower mids and many would assume. Upper mids focused instruments and vocals are very clean and clear. Not a ton of warmth but not cold.

The Odin is very balanced with insane detail and clarity with a guttural but well tuned bass presence. It’s hard to describe because it’s truly on another level.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #28,283 of 40,678
Just want to give some credit where it's due.
Am listening to the EE Nemesis on my Sony WM1Z (Midnight+ FW).
The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women (album version).
The depth, decay, impact and timbre of the drums and percussion are phenomenal (as is the rest of the song), and it presents the vintage vibe superbly well!
Totally cowbell-tastic :D

Still love my Nemesis.
They blew my ears, and then they blew my mind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 8, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #28,284 of 40,678
Thanks. Yes that post was a blast from the past. I was interested though if cable rolling with SPC gave a different presentation. I am finding the highs just a little bit bright for my preference at the moment and so I’m looking to just reduce a bit of the shine. To be honest I think it might be some more brain burn is needed because the Odin is a really good IEM.
Personally I like the Odin treble from the e-stats and I don’t find it harsh or sibilance. However I do find the timbre of voices and instruments can sound a little high pitch sometimes. I guess it is the result of the IEM tuning to achieve the excellent clarity and outstanding characteristics of the Odin sound signature. Not sure if you have the same feeling, I find if I switches immediately from another IEM (especially smoother signature one) and listen to the Odin, it will sound a little weird initially. What I do is to give it a little time and the brain will adjust. Another thing is to reduce the volume as too high volume will exacerbate the peaky sound on certain music. You could also try a different source and see if it improves (I did have to switch source and found one I like better with the Odin). Will keep you posted on the spc cable if I find a good one.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #28,285 of 40,678
Personally I like the Odin treble from the e-stats and I don’t find it harsh or sibilance. However I do find the timbre of voices and instruments can sound a little high pitch sometimes. I guess it is the result of the IEM tuning to achieve the excellent clarity and outstanding characteristics of the Odin sound signature. Not sure if you have the same feeling, I find if I switches immediately from another IEM (especially smoother signature one) and listen to the Odin, it will sound a little weird initially. What I do is to give it a little time and the brain will adjust. Another thing is to reduce the volume as too high volume will exacerbate the peaky sound on certain music. You could also try a different source and see if it improves (I did have to switch source and found one I like better with the Odin). Will keep you posted on the spc cable if I find a good one.

i too find IEMs with well defined high end extension make certain sounds and vocals higher pitched, likely due to better treble performance and technicalities

for example, on an average IEM a vocal may sound like "woh" as in "walk", but on IEM with better high end extension it may sound closer to "wah" as in "whack"

found this difference on IEMs like U9 and Clair vs. the rest

Apr 8, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #28,286 of 40,678
A fellow headfier put their Odin up for sale. The deal was too good to ignore so I jumped on it! 😃😀

E50B8F7A-085F-482A-87D7-A5C8BE79D246.jpeg

Apr 8, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #28,287 of 40,678
A fellow headfier put their Odin up for sale. The deal was too good to ignore so I jumped on it! 😃😀

E50B8F7A-085F-482A-87D7-A5C8BE79D246.jpeg
Good for you, congrats!!

I was after it too, but missed out because of [censored] Brexit ... :)
I guess I couldn't really get the idea out of my head ... because I just ordered one new ... :beerchug:

Apr 8, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #28,288 of 40,678
Good for you, congrats!!

I guess I couldn't really get the idea out of my head ... because I just ordered one new ... :beerchug:
Same here. I've just order a new one :beerchug:

Apr 8, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #28,289 of 40,678
Good for you, congrats!!

Such is the power of Odin. It compels you to buy it 😇

Users who are viewing this thread

Back