Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 15, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #27,046 of 40,724
Just curiosity... do we actually have different estats between Wraith and Odin? I would think the difference is on the controller (EIVEC), Crossover(5w v 7w) and tunning.

Just thinking out loud.

PS.: first gen is always a trial for the product and the market, so a second gen can tight those knots.

Based on tidbits of info Jack gave during Head-Fi's interview for the ODIN and Hero launch, it looks like the e-stats have indeed been altered, particularly in regards to power consumption. Let's not forget that EIVEC is a custom transformer EE's made, so they can technically alter it however they want and still call it EIVEC. Of course, we can only speculate. But, nevertheless, it's great to see the Wraith get some of the love I feel it deserves, and it's equally great to see the ODIN elevate upon it as well. Speaking of the ODIN, I may or may not have just finished writing my review of it. Stay tuned. :wink:

Feb 15, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #27,047 of 40,724
Does it have a clean output for IEMs? While it is power-hungry, it is quite sensitive to hiss.
The V380 is surprisingly clean considering how powerful it is. With the Campfire Audio Ara it was clean and only with the Vision Ears VE5 did I get a very low bit of noise, but I am not sure if stacking adapters had an effect on that. While the music played I did not even notice it.

Feb 15, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #27,048 of 40,724
The V380 is surprisingly clean considering how powerful it is. With the Campfire Audio Ara it was clean and only with the Vision Ears VE5 did I get a very low bit of noise, but I am not sure if stacking adapters had an effect on that. While the music played I did not even notice it.

Would’ve been a great pairing with the Wraith then. 😀

But I can’t wait until our local shop opens up again and I could try the Wraith with the Hugo2 and the Dave.

Feb 15, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #27,049 of 40,724
I love my Wraith powered by my Hugo2! The SPKM is also a good option in a more portable package. The treble is pretty much perfect, along with the mids and bass to my tastes. No, they're not for LX lovers. I mostly listen classic rock, reggae, jazz, and classical genres, and it all sounds great. That said, I'm greatly looking forward to my audition time with the Odin/Hero coming up in a few months courtesy of audiotiers.com

Feb 15, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #27,052 of 40,724
Keep them as a beater pair and use the lx at home. Been interested in bravado’s before, but my luck with universals is pretty much non existent, and not been able to get to an audiologist for over a year now :frowning2:

For what it’s worth- Empire Ears customer service informed me that when they set up a booth at CanJam they can make impressions on site for any buyers.

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #27,053 of 40,724
I have this splitter on my Ares II with universal Nemesis since May 2020 :p
Nice user name! Also same too bad mine are plain black, nice wood plates

Feb 16, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #27,054 of 40,724
For what it’s worth- Empire Ears customer service informed me that when they set up a booth at CanJam they can make impressions on site for any buyers.
Thanks, and am aware of it. Due to my personal situation (recovering from a dislocated knee AND waiting on a date for a neck operation) it’s very unlikely that I’ll be going very far from home in the foreseeable. Luckily there is at least one audiologist right on my doorstep, so once I get over the leg problem I might make a trip in.

One of the weirdest times for me was when I had to send my Cerberus back for a refit on the very weekend Jack and crew were in London for Canjam!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #27,055 of 40,724
We've removed some posts that were going off-topic and into other areas of discussion. We invite those who would like to discuss current events to share their thoughts in Head-Fi's Members' Lounge.

Thank you to everyone who kept their conversation on-topic and related to Empire Ears' IEMs. We appreciate it.

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #27,056 of 40,724
Speaking of Empire Ears i just purchased my first EE product and that too is Legend X :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.
shout out to zeppelin&co @Kristy Song , Fadli, Jeremy for brilliant customer service.

Now the waiting game....

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #27,057 of 40,724
Speaking of Empire Ears i just purchased my first EE product and that too is Legend X :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.
shout out to zeppelin&co @Kristy Song , Fadli, Jeremy for brilliant customer service.

Now the waiting game....

Welcome to the family buddy!

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #27,058 of 40,724
I own a custom Phantom, which probably has the most accurate imaging I've ever heard in an IEM. Sounds like a 3D space both equally wide and deep. Anyone know which of the new lineup can match it for imaging but also have lots of "air"? Phantoms are a bit too warm for me at times.

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #27,059 of 40,724
I own a custom Phantom, which probably has the most accurate imaging I've ever heard in an IEM. Sounds like a 3D space both equally wide and deep. Anyone know which of the new lineup can match it for imaging but also have lots of "air"? Phantoms are a bit too warm for me at times.

The ODIN’s probably your best bet. It’s got some of the cleanest, most enveloping imaging I’ve heard yet. Purists may call it a tad exaggerated (especially with tracks that were meant to be intimate or closed-in), but as far as sheer size is concerned, it’s likely EE’s best right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back