Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 19, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #27,061 of 40,724
fwiw my Spartans are for the money amazing
Empire should do a legacy lineup where they pick 2 models of a retired lineup and make those available with a longer wait time as to not detract from the main line.

Feb 20, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #27,070 of 40,724
which is better-the campfire atlas or the hero?
It would help if you went into more detail:

1. Favorite genres
2. Tonality preferences (e.g, dark, neutral or bright signatures? How important is technicalities to you?)
3. What are you using to drive them?
4. What are your previous IEM reference points?

I personally haven’t heard Hero but I’d imagine it’s more W shaped with more controlled bass than Atlas’ V shape. I think @Tristy has experience with both.

Feb 20, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #27,071 of 40,724
Yeah I have Hero and I’m really enjoying it after I’ve found the right tips. Before that I found them quite feral in the treble. Now they’re very addictive actually haha. Atlas is also super engaging but a completely different IEM in all aspects. Answers to the questions that @tawmizzzz asked would really help in giving you a comparison of both.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #27,074 of 40,724
Or a budget no frills option.
Here ya go...
Phantom_Code51.JPG

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 20, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #27,075 of 40,724
Here ya go...
Phantom_Code51.JPG
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
If I was about 2 years younger and in my Phantom days, this would have tugged at my heartstrings in attempt to alleviate the upper mids/lower treble region. Alas, experience has taught me no amount of unobtainium cable will *fix* an iem. Foiled again Erik!

I still love it from the upper mids down and this looks gorgeous though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back