Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 7, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #26,866 of 40,577
Is ESR MK2 best for movies or the Legend X is better?

bro , watching movies is ok with a 20$ bud, you don't need a 3K iem to enjoy the movie or am i missing something here ?

maybe you wanna have the correct timbre with explosions ?

Feb 7, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #26,867 of 40,577
bro , watching movies is ok with a 20$ bud, you don't need a 3K iem to enjoy the movie or am i missing something here ?

maybe you wanna have the correct timbre with explosions ?
Depends on the movie, but most of them have quality audio. So yes, you need great deep bass, great clarity and separation and isolation of needed.
Also a great wide stage.is good for realism I would say.

Feb 7, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #26,868 of 40,577
Reminds me of my experience with the IE800 with its proprietary tips.
I think the reason would be, that these are actual custom so the fit is super snug and the EE nozzle is short, at least the portion a tip would fit on, and smooth. They make the IEM stick out pretty far as well. Fishing the custom tip out of your ear is an annoyance. I heard that about the OG IE800 as well, annoying.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #26,869 of 40,577
Depends on the movie, but most of them have quality audio. So yes, you need great deep bass, great clarity and separation and isolation of needed.
Also a great wide stage.is good for realism I would say.
I suppose this why people have home theatre sound systems and Dolby Atmos is a thing? Lol. Proedros are you high?

Feb 7, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #26,870 of 40,577
Is ESR MK2 best for movies or the Legend X is better?

ESR MK2 would be "ok" for movies, but Legend X with the Dual W-9 would be awesome. With more movies being made with quality audio you'd benefit from the expanded soundstage & deep bass of the Legend X.

Feb 7, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #26,871 of 40,577
I suppose this why people have home theatre sound systems and Dolby Atmos is a thing? Lol. Proedros are you high?
He claims to have quit the devil's cabbage

Feb 7, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #26,872 of 40,577
ESR MK2 would be "ok" for movies, but Legend X with the Dual W-9 would be awesome. With more movies being made with quality audio you'd benefit from the expanded soundstage & deep bass of the Legend X.
I can tell you when I am playing Doom on my Xbox with the Legend X it is horrifying. I feel the explosions and hear each evil sound. It requires a massive prayer session following.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #26,875 of 40,577
Hey guys which tips are recommend for the LX? My favorite currently are T400 Comply. With Spinfits I get no seal. T500 are too warm and bassy.

I currently use the Azla sedna earfit light on EE legend X SE. Usually, I prefer SpinFits over the earfits light, cause they feel softer and normally adjust better to the ear channel cross section and therefor enable a better seal. But especially on EE LX, only the latter (earfit light) allow for a good seal.

Feb 7, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #26,876 of 40,577

well we are talking in-ears here and even though i have a 2,5K ciem for music (so i want music fidelity as much as any person here) i get by movie-wise on my laptop with a 20$ bud as i don't feel that a 2K ciem will make the actors play better or improve the screenplay :)

but i get how people can be OCD with how the movie sounds when they hear it from iems, so it's cool

to each , his own i guess :wink:

Feb 7, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #26,877 of 40,577
well we are talking in-ears here and even though i have a 2,5K ciem for music (so i want music fidelity as much as any person here) i get by movie-wise on my laptop with a 20$ bud as i don't feel that a 2K ciem will make the actors play better or improve the screenplay :)

but i get how people can be OCD with how the movie sounds when they hear it from iems, so it's cool

to each , his own i guess :wink:
I think it is probably more about wanting the movie theatre experience. Like owning a surround set with big chunky subwoofer, but in an IEM. I quite like that myself. It is also why I like using high-end gear for gaming and hate Sony for not having implemented proper BT on the PS4. :wink:

Oh, Legend X for gaming...
1612722540494.gif

Feb 7, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #26,878 of 40,577
Hi guys, long time lurker here. Just wanted to ask a few questions. Being a basshead and heard that the Legend X is the "best bass in the universe" it's always intrigued me. I got the ie800 for bass and Andromeda for mids and highs. Now looking to make that final step after months of reading.

Are they discontinued? My friend in Hong Kong just went to an iem store and the clerk said the LX is "no more". Is this true?

If not, would it be possible to get the Legend X universal but with custom shells or faceplates? I ask this because I'd like to be able to share the listening experience with my friends and family while also getting a unique design.

How power hungry are they? Is a FiiO BTR5 enough to drive them?

Thanks in advance!

Feb 7, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #26,879 of 40,577
Hey guys which tips are recommend for the LX? My favorite currently are T400 Comply. With Spinfits I get no seal. T500 are too warm and bassy.
I'm liking Spiral Dots with the LX. Great seal, very comfortable, great sound. Sedna EarFit short is also ok but harder and less comfortable than Spirals, and the sound is slightly harder and more etched too. Tried but don't like the E-types. They're comfortable enough but mess up the sound for me, especially the mids. I was hoping they'd be different with the LX since they're the stock tips but no, same wonky mids as I hear with any IEM with these on.

Feb 7, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #26,880 of 40,577
Hi guys, long time lurker here. Just wanted to ask a few questions. Being a basshead and heard that the Legend X is the "best bass in the universe" it's always intrigued me. I got the ie800 for bass and Andromeda for mids and highs. Now looking to make that final step after months of reading.

Are they discontinued? My friend in Hong Kong just went to an iem store and the clerk said the LX is "no more". Is this true?

If not, would it be possible to get the Legend X universal but with custom shells or faceplates? I ask this because I'd like to be able to share the listening experience with my friends and family while also getting a unique design.

How power hungry are they? Is a FiiO BTR5 enough to drive them?

Thanks in advance!
As far as I know the LX are still very much current. In fact @MusicTeck just advertised them as in-stock.

Haven't used the BTR5 but they do benefit from alot of power to activate the dual subs properly, though listening at normal volume they do just fine. I actually think the LX are very balanced sound-wise. Potent bass sure, but only when it's in the track.

Don't expect a big, boomy, bassy experience - the LX is refined like every great flagship should be. They'll definitely outgun your IE800 without much trouble though, in every department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back