Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 6, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #26,852 of 40,577
What IEM specifically? I will be happy to show you!

Which ones do you have? lol

I think the LX is the one I'm most curious about.

If you have any of the other IEMs included in my signature would be nice to see.

Thanks, buddy!

Feb 7, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #26,853 of 40,577
I use my LX more than any IEM I own.
IMG_2158.jpeg
I think if I was to ever go custom, LX would probably be it. That said, these resin shells seal so completely, I don't really think I'll need to go custom at all. If I do though I'll probably go all-black + wings. I think the classic LX look is...legendary, and part of the appeal for me. :sunglasses: (that abalone look is very slick though, I like it)

Feb 7, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #26,854 of 40,577
@Jack Vang i hd a dream that i won lots of money in the lottery so i wanna ask (in case this dream comes true , which probably won't)

any plans for a custom Odin ?

Feb 7, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #26,855 of 40,577
Speaking of tips, one of the many nice surprises with LX is the 'flare' at the tip of the nozzle, which means all the tips I've tried - including Spiral Dot - have something to grip on and therefore stay on. No more ear fishing for tips as I've had to do with some IEMs.
Wonder if that’s true of the other EE universals now? One of the early criticisms of them was the smooth bore which meant tips kept coming off.

Feb 7, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #26,856 of 40,577
Wonder if that’s true of the other EE universals now? One of the early criticisms of them was the smooth bore which meant tips kept coming off.
Yes, that's why I was pleasantly surprised to see the flare on the LX, and it works like a charm. I did read somewhere about tips coming off the LX, not quite sure how that would happen unless you squeeze the tips right into your canals (which I don't need to do to get a good seal), and even then they'd have to suction to your ears pretty hard to come off the nozzle.

Edit: looking at screenshots of LX and Odin, it does look like LX has a bit more of a 'flare' than Odin. I don't have an Odin so owners would need to confirm. Most tips with 'grippy' stems (like E-type or Sedna) should be fine, but Spiral Dots have a soft stem that relies more on a lip or flare to stay put, like neoprene.

LX:
Screenshot_20210207-115100_cropped~2.png

Odin:
Screenshot_20210207-115014_cropped~2.png

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #26,857 of 40,577
I think if I was to ever go custom, LX would probably be it. That said, these resin shells seal so completely, I don't really think I'll need to go custom at all. If I do though I'll probably go all-black + wings. I think the classic LX look is...legendary, and part of the appeal for me. :sunglasses: (that abalone look is very slick though, I like it)

Couldn’t have been happier with my custom LX blind purchase and understated design. Luckily it suits my tastes perfectly (after a year or so of research i had hoped so).
9185D456-4CEE-4B4E-A5A8-D5BDB14C5AF0.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #26,858 of 40,577
Extremely interested in the Bravado MKII and the Hero Founders edition.

At only a $50 difference currently which would be better for new age rap/trap music

Feb 7, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #26,859 of 40,577
Yes, that's why I was pleasantly surprised to see the flare on the LX, and it works like a charm. I did read somewhere about tips coming off the LX, not quite sure how that would happen unless you squeeze the tips right into your canals (which I don't need to do to get a good seal), and even then they'd have to suction to your ears pretty hard to come off the nozzle.

Edit: looking at screenshots of LX and Odin, it does look like LX has a bit more of a 'flare' than Odin. I don't have an Odin so owners would need to confirm. Most tips with 'grippy' stems (like E-type or Sedna) should be fine, but Spiral Dots have a soft stem that relies more on a lip or flare to stay put, like neoprene.

@gLer: I can report, that as regards my Odin and LX, both exhibit this kind of a flare to a similar extent. Sedna, E-type and Spinfits show a tight fit.

Just enjoying

1612703910375.png

Ron Carter, Foursight - the compete Stockholm Tapes
via SP2000 -> EE legend SE

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #26,861 of 40,577
Do the custom art tips stay on when you remove the items?
I think Piotr(Custom Art) will tell you up front that his custom tips will not stay on Empire Ears IEMs, I agree with this. Each time I remove the IEM, the tips stay in my ears.

Feb 7, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #26,863 of 40,577
I think Piotr(Custom Art) will tell you up front that his custom tips will not stay on Empire Ears IEMs, I agree with this. Each time I remove the IEM, the tips stay in my ears.

Reminds me of my experience with the IE800 with its proprietary tips.

Feb 7, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #26,865 of 40,577
I'm curious about the CustomArt custom tips as well.
How do they look on your IEMs and do they stick out more when wearing them?
Yes, they stick out a little bit more because the nozzle is a little longer. I got solid black to match the Odin shells, but I wish I didn’t because it shows all the ear schmutz, haha.

8749C29E-AD2C-4115-8119-61807C0F9D3F.jpegE86BC631-EC8D-4271-B074-5E7E5673E1E3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back