Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 17, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #25,651 of 40,561
On the legend x (or any of empire’s IEMs), has anyone experienced a popping sound before the music begins? Not sure if it’s an issue when the cable is connected to the dap, they sound fine. I’m just wondering whether to send them in for a check up before my warranty expires.
Just to clarify as I’m almost positive you know about driver flex.. it’s not that correct?

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #25,653 of 40,561
No it’s not that. This is a pop sound, I feel like I’ve heard it before with other IEMs, perhaps when the digital signal kicks in from the dap?
What dap..sorry?

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #25,654 of 40,561
On the legend x (or any of empire’s IEMs), has anyone experienced a popping sound before the music begins? Not sure if it’s an issue when the cable is connected to the dap, they sound fine. I’m just wondering whether to send them in for a check up before my warranty expires.
I do have that, hut I'm pretty sure is the source. It happens more often with my Fio's gear and whrn using wireless.

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #25,656 of 40,561
No it’s not that. This is a pop sound, I feel like I’ve heard it before with other IEMs, perhaps when the digital signal kicks in from the dap?

Not sure what DAP you’re using but with Sony DAPs, the popping sound is the dap switching clocks depending on what file type/bitrate you are playing

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #25,657 of 40,561
Not sure what DAP you’re using but with Sony DAPs, the popping sound is the dap switching clocks depending on what file type/bitrate you are playing
What dap..sorry?

Yeah I think this is it, I’ve been using a wm1a. Thanks everyone for the insights, I’m pretty convinced it’s the source.

Oct 18, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #25,658 of 40,561
Yeah I think this is it, I’ve been using a wm1a. Thanks everyone for the insights, I’m pretty convinced it’s the source.

I agree as I have never heard popping with Legend X with my sources.

Oct 18, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #25,659 of 40,561
What SednaEarfit XELASTEC tip would I need for the Legend X? I can see so far that there is a 2 and a 3 variety.

The size to buy is at least one size smaller than what you usually use, some even go two sizes down due to the sticky nature of the xelastecs. I believe if you order it from Amazon, you can return it for another size or for a refund.

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #25,660 of 40,561
The size to buy is at least one size smaller than what you usually use, some even go two sizes down due to the sticky nature of the xelastecs. I believe if you order it from Amazon, you can return it for another size or for a refund.
Agreed, i went a size smaller too. They will glue to your ears anyway.
Youll need some WD40 to get them out :beyersmile:

But all ears are different so it still does not mean its going to 100% work for you.

Oct 19, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #25,661 of 40,561
Agreed, i went a size smaller too. They will glue to your ears anyway.
Youll need some WD40 to get them out :beyersmile:

But all ears are different so it still does not mean its going to 100% work for you.

Right on, i usually go 1 size down for the XELASTIC tips and i do cycle through them pretty fast due to it getting dirty and sticky pretty fast...when it lasts its awesome though!

Oct 19, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #25,662 of 40,561
Right on, i usually go 1 size down for the XELASTIC tips and i do cycle through them pretty fast due to it getting dirty and sticky pretty fast...when it lasts its awesome though!
This is my only issue with Xelastec - the fragile nature of the tips means they'll probably wear out after a month or two, whereas the EarFits will last indefinitely with good care. This makes Xelastecs, which are ready expensive, very expensive in the long run. You also don't need to clean and remove dust and crap off the EarFits after every single use, unlike Xelastec. So for now I've switched to EarFits, which aren't as comfy and don't seal quite as well, but are far more practical.

Oct 19, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #25,663 of 40,561
I popped Earfit Light shorts on my ODIN last night. I used them before, but after the recent conversation about tips I thought I would give them another try. I really enjoyed what I was hearing and find them very comfortable. Even though the ODIN was tuned with the Final E tips, I think the Earfit Lights short are certainly respectable. The shorts allow a shallower insertion and are comfortable for that reason. If you are accustomed to a deeper fit with Final E it may feel strange to have a shallower fit. I will try them again tonight.

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #25,664 of 40,561
Just got my 4.4mm reterminated Stormbreaker cable back from PW Audio. Took 6 days door-to-door round trip from Australia to Hong Kong. Peter was super easy to deal with and it only cost $23 plus shipping :)
F5C47E54-1E36-4238-879A-B75A1F20B69F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back