Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 16, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #25,636 of 40,591
Both Odin and Hero fit to my ears like tailored gloves. Rock stable and no play at all. They sealed great too with very little efforts required and are very comfortable as far as I can tell. I hope it is also the same for everyone who have one of these.

Just want to ask if any recommendations for best aftermarket ear tips that give the best sound results beside the stock ones? Thanks.

BD13B6D2-A6AE-4233-8AE5-B9EB1F554D32.jpeg

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #25,637 of 40,591
Both Odin and Hero fit to my ears like tailored gloves. Rock stable and no play at all. They sealed great too with very little efforts required and are very comfortable as far as I can tell. I hope it is also the same for everyone who have one of these.

Just want to ask if any recommendations for best aftermarket ear tips that give the best sound results beside the stock ones? Thanks.

I personally achieved the same perfect fit. Spinfits and Final E essentially provided the perfect sound to me. Very little difference if any

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #25,638 of 40,591

I unfortunately cannot get a good seal with the stock Final E-but am a big fan of the Spinfits CP100 (currently from the Elysium set) as well as the Xelestecs. I just ordered the CP145s as I think they should fit on EE's offering even better. To my ears, the spinfits are better suited for higher frequencies emphasis and Xelestecs for bass and lower mids.

This is for the Odin, haven't tried the Hero yet but would love to hear your impressions once you've had time.

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #25,639 of 40,591
I unfortunately cannot get a good seal with the stock Final E-but am a big fan of the Spinfits CP100 (currently from the Elysium set) as well as the Xelestecs. I just ordered the CP145s as I think they should fit on EE's offering even better. To my ears, the spinfits are better suited for higher frequencies emphasis and Xelestecs for bass and lower mids.

This is for the Odin, haven't tried the Hero yet but would love to hear your impressions once you've had time.
I'm with @tawmizzzz on this - I have never really liked Final E tips. With the Hero (I have not tried the Odin), I preferred Symbio W hybrid tips (in fact these are my preferred tips - I use them on most of my IEMs). The W's tamed the treble on the Hero a bit for me, which I liked, without sacrificing the other great qualities the Hero has.

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #25,640 of 40,591
my favourites so far with Hero are the Spinfit CP500's but I've had to create a makeshift 'Collar' from the stem of some Symbio's in order to keep it on the end of the tip. Sounds the best by far for me though else I wouldn't have gone through all the trouble.

Oct 16, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #25,641 of 40,591
Super psyched to have gotten my silver/copper fusion cable from @TigzStudio to pair with my LX SE. Now these babies are really singing! The cable is helping to bring out the best of these amazing monitors. They will be stuck in my ears all day....

5ADD94B8-E323-4A11-9447-B48A42C23EF9.jpeg

Oct 16, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #25,643 of 40,591

The SednaEarfit XELASTEC, solid, great seal, just excellent...)

Oct 16, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #25,644 of 40,591

I use spinfit cp145 on both Odin & LX SE and get a great comfortable seal. The slight cone shape on the cp145 helps to get a deeper fit

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #25,645 of 40,591
The SednaEarfit XELASTEC, solid, great seal, just excellent...)

I tried the xelastec for awhile on my Odin, but I noticed driver flex more often than with others. I ended up trying the Sedna Earfit Lights, and for me, these were the best tips of the many I tried. Much less driver flex as well. Remember to buy at least one size smaller than you usually wear.

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #25,646 of 40,591
What SednaEarfit XELASTEC tip would I need for the Legend X? I can see so far that there is a 2 and a 3 variety.

Oct 16, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #25,647 of 40,591

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m new to Empire Ears IEMs and am still learning about them.

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #25,648 of 40,591

I tried both and also find out that Odin is superb in terms of fitting and best sealing to my ear. I also tried Spinfit CP500, Acoustone AET07/08, Azla Sednaearfit light) but the stock ones (Final E?) gives me the best pleasing tonal balance. For example, the bass from Spinfit CP500 is too much to my taste, even though its sealing is better than the stock ones.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #25,649 of 40,591
Super psyched to have gotten my silver/copper fusion cable from @TigzStudio to pair with my LX SE. Now these babies are really singing! The cable is helping to bring out the best of these amazing monitors. They will be stuck in my ears all day....

5ADD94B8-E323-4A11-9447-B48A42C23EF9.jpeg
Love your EE color choices!

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #25,650 of 40,591
On the legend x (or any of empire’s IEMs), has anyone experienced a popping sound before the music begins? Not sure if it’s an issue when the cable is connected to the dap, they sound fine. I’m just wondering whether to send them in for a check up before my warranty expires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back