Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 14, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #25,622 of 40,591
Sorry if i missed any discussion earlier.

The new EE Hero is essentially a mini Odin according to the EE marketing or it is far from it?

I’d say, based on their tunings, they were aiming to accomplish different things tbh.

9CF9C279-25F8-4902-B8B1-DC77790DAE0F.png
if

Oct 14, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #25,624 of 40,591
Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #25,625 of 40,591
Might as well add the Claypool Lennon Delirium. I always liked Praxis better than Primus.

Bootsy Collins is the G.O.A.T. , gonna check that out

@subguy812 i don't like the sound of the Primus studio albums , but those 2003/4 official live recordings - boy oh boy

Imagine Rush fused with Tool fused with psychedelics and you get an idea.....

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #25,626 of 40,591
Bootsy Collins is the G.O.A.T. , gonna check that out

@subguy812 i don't like the sound of the Primus studio albums , but those 2003/4 official live recordings - boy oh boy

Imagine Rush fused with Tool fused with psychedelics and you get an idea.....
I agree, live Primus is another level. Proedros..download
Praxis
Transmutation
Mutatis Mutandis

Oct 14, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #25,629 of 40,591
I agree, live Primus is another level. Proedros..download
Praxis
Transmutation
Mutatis Mutandis

i have the 2003-4 primus shows in flac files , check your pm there is a present for ya......

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #25,630 of 40,591
This is a great opportunity to provide some clarity on our materials, so thanks for that. Here’s a brief rundown of the Dragonhides, Bifrost, and Abalone materials we use in our production, as well as an old favorite.

Dragonhide I/II and Bifrost faceplates feature nine individual polymer layers in three proprietary lamination steps and each lamination is unique in its ability to filter and reflect specific wavelengths of light. It's rather hard to capture what these faceplates really look like but the colors shift depending on the lighting and angle and there's also an incredible amount of depth.

Definitely something that has to be seen in person to be appreciated. @JoshWatkins recently added a 360 view on our homepage that can be viewed here: https://empireears.com/. Both are handcrafted in the USA by an award winning designer that currently holds two patents in polymer science for high solids coating chemistry.

Dragonhide II for Valkyrie MKII (Features more Blue layers than the original Dragonhide)

Valkyrie MKII

Bifrost

The line you're referring to is the base which leaves a visible line when it's mated to the shell. I picked off some material from the base and you can see the density of both the base and the base layer. The final layer is a layer of resin but from here we still have to prep the surface, apply the logo, add an additional level of resin and then lacquer for the finishing touch.

I can't speak on behalf of how other manufacturer's do it but I can tell you that we use the real deal and it requires extensive post processing.

And for memories' sake a custom set of Spartans back in 2015. Definitely a fun material to work with.

Wow! Great insight and really appreciate it. :beerchug:

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #25,634 of 40,591
Shout out to the good folks at MusicTeck!!

They went above and beyond the call of duty in taking care of my immense stupidity. Less than a month after getting the PW 1960 2-wire, I sat my bony keister on the connector, snapping it clean off. After my sobbing quieted down to a mere sniffle, I contacted Andrew. He took great care of me. He sent it back to PW audio for me. Though the process was time-consuming, it ended up only costing me the price of shipping to MusicTeck. :ksc75smile:

btw, believe the hype about the 1960 cable. Yeah, they're awfully expensive, but boy-oh-boy, do they ever make a sonic difference on both my Zeus XR and my Wraith. I just might have to get me another one....

Oct 15, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #25,635 of 40,591
Shout out to the good folks at MusicTeck!!

They went above and beyond the call of duty in taking care of my immense stupidity. Less than a month after getting the PW 1960 2-wire, I sat my bony keister on the connector, snapping it clean off. After my sobbing quieted down to a mere sniffle, I contacted Andrew. He took great care of me. He sent it back to PW audio for me. Though the process was time-consuming, it ended up only costing me the price of shipping to MusicTeck. :ksc75smile:

btw, believe the hype about the 1960 cable. Yeah, they're awfully expensive, but boy-oh-boy, do they ever make a sonic difference on both my Zeus XR and my Wraith. I just might have to get me another one....
Yup, Andrew is the best. MusicTeck has always treated me very well. Tks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back