1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

First

Back
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
Next

Last
  1. moedawg140 Contributor

One manufacturer does not dictate the entirety. I would love to have a talk with that manufacturer. Unless it's one specific manufacturer, then I could care less what they say.

2. AxelCloris Administrator
    Let's keep the conversation related to the Empire Ears line. There are threads in the Sound Sciences section dedicated to debating the merits of burn-in on a broader scale.

boomtube and Docterror like this.
  3. ScottFree

+1. Let's not burn this thread to the ground.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

4. moedawg140 Contributor
    Here's a couple of pictures of my Empire Ears Zeus-Remastered, taken from @Cagin, at CanJam London.

As others have mentioned, there is a change of burn in with the Zeus-Remastered (specifically referring to the Empire Ears line custom in-ear monitor that I own and have observed changes from experience). [​IMG] [​IMG]

14087701_1151976571530268_2070896857_o.jpg

14087359_1151976584863600_772494993_o.jpg

5. bavinck

Haha, I see what you did there:wink:

6. Mimouille
    PMed you. I would also be interested in hearing what changes inside an iem, because drivers don't, tubes don't, and wiring doesn't.

soundblast75 and spook76 like this.
  7. moedawg140 Contributor

PMed you back, my friend.

For the sake of upsetting people/receiving snark replies related to what shall not be named, I'll talk about something Empire Ears related.

Looking forward to hearing the Effect Audio cable with the Empire Ears Zeus-Remastered! [​IMG] [​IMG]  I saw one in London, but I didn't pair it with my Zeus-Remastered.  Should be fun to A/B (not just for sound, but for fit) between the Effect Audio, BTG and Silver Litz Cables!  I'm going to have to get a Headphone Lounge Silver II cable, stat!

spook76 likes this.
  8. Kozato

You totally need to give the Leonidas cable a try.

9. moedawg140 Contributor
  10. moedawg140 Contributor

Send it over, please. PM me if you would like to. If not, I more than likely will not get to try it.

Take care. :beerchug:

11. Cagin
    @moedawg140  sry bro I forgot to offer you to try out my Norne Therium back at the iem table. I should ship it out back stateside to Trevor this week for a modif though, pm me if you want me to ship to you first if you wanna.

12. Cagin
    droppin my own 2c and leavin at that: any added value of burn-in is so insignificant to me when taking into account my mood swings, mucus flow, hyperacusis, tinnitus which change from day to day.
    ps: f*** allergies, f*** getting a cold in summer, f*** excessive cerumen

bavinck likes this.
  13. moedawg140 Contributor
  14. twister6 Contributor

Would be curious to find out about sound effect of EA cables w/Zeus-R as well, in comparison to BTG spc or other Silver cables.  I had a short chat with EA not too long ago, they either offer a short term review loaner or a review purchase discount on their $1k cable [​IMG]  I'm a cable fanatic, but gotta draw a line somewhere [​IMG] 

Btw, I can tell you with certainty that Whiplash TWau makes a noticeable difference with an enhanced sub-bass presence (in Zeus-R) and a little more balanced overall signature.  When I was taking my notes for the upcoming Zeus-R review, I had to go back and correct a few of my impressions because I got carried away without realizing I was using TWau.  BTG is great if you want more revealing micro-details; TWau gives you more bass, still keeps all the details but makes them a bit smoother, more organic.

@Kozato : I was under impression Leonidas was recommended more for a warmer full bodies IEMs?  Not exactly the sound sig of Zeus-R.

15. twister6 Contributor

I know we are a bit off topic, but I can relate to allergies part. When the season is in full swing - I can't use my CIEMs, only universals [​IMG]

First

Back
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
Next

Last