Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 21, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #2,461 of 40,606
One very reputable manufacturer has explicitly told me it doesn't exist.

One manufacturer does not dictate the entirety. I would love to have a talk with that manufacturer. Unless it's one specific manufacturer, then I could care less what they say.

Aug 21, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #2,464 of 40,606
Here's a couple of pictures of my Empire Ears Zeus-Remastered, taken from @Cagin, at CanJam London.

As others have mentioned, there is a change of burn in with the Zeus-Remastered (specifically referring to the Empire Ears line custom in-ear monitor that I own and have observed changes from experience). 
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Aug 21, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #2,466 of 40,606
One manufacturer does not dictate the entirety. I would love to have a talk with that manufacturer. Unless it's one specific manufacturer, then I could care less what they say.
PMed you. I would also be interested in hearing what changes inside an iem, because drivers don't, tubes don't, and wiring doesn't.

Aug 21, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #2,467 of 40,606
PMed you. I would also be interested in hearing what changes inside an iem, because drivers don't, tubes don't, and wiring doesn't.

PMed you back, my friend.

For the sake of upsetting people/receiving snark replies related to what shall not be named, I'll talk about something Empire Ears related.

Looking forward to hearing the Effect Audio cable with the Empire Ears Zeus-Remastered!
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif
  I saw one in London, but I didn't pair it with my Zeus-Remastered.  Should be fun to A/B (not just for sound, but for fit) between the Effect Audio, BTG and Silver Litz Cables!  I'm going to have to get a Headphone Lounge Silver II cable, stat!

Aug 21, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #2,468 of 40,606

For the sake of upsetting people/receiving snark replies related to what shall not be named, I'll talk about something Empire Ears related.

Looking forward to hearing the Effect Audio cable with the Empire Ears Zeus-Remastered! :bigsmile_face:  :beerchug:   I saw one in London, but I didn't pair it with my Zeus-Remastered.  Should be fun to A/B (not just for sound, but for fit) between the Effect Audio, BTG and Silver Litz Cables!  I'm going to have to get a Headphone Lounge Silver II cable, stat!

You totally need to give the Leonidas cable a try.

Aug 21, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #2,469 of 40,606
Aug 21, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #2,470 of 40,606
You totally need to give the Leonidas cable a try.

Send it over, please. PM me if you would like to. If not, I more than likely will not get to try it.

Take care. :beerchug:

Aug 21, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #2,471 of 40,606
@moedawg140  sry bro I forgot to offer you to try out my Norne Therium back at the iem table. I should ship it out back stateside to Trevor this week for a modif though, pm me if you want me to ship to you first if you wanna.

Aug 21, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #2,472 of 40,606
droppin my own 2c and leavin at that: any added value of burn-in is so insignificant to me when taking into account my mood swings, mucus flow, hyperacusis, tinnitus which change from day to day.
ps: screw allergies, screw getting a cold in summer, screw excessive cerumen

Aug 21, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #2,473 of 40,606
Aug 21, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #2,474 of 40,606

Looking forward to hearing the Effect Audio cable with the Empire Ears Zeus-Remastered!
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif
  I saw one in London, but I didn't pair it with my Zeus-Remastered.  Should be fun to A/B (not just for sound, but for fit) between the Effect Audio, BTG and Silver Litz Cables!  I'm going to have to get a Headphone Lounge Silver II cable, stat!

Would be curious to find out about sound effect of EA cables w/Zeus-R as well, in comparison to BTG spc or other Silver cables.  I had a short chat with EA not too long ago, they either offer a short term review loaner or a review purchase discount on their $1k cable
eek.gif
  I'm a cable fanatic, but gotta draw a line somewhere
wink.gif

Btw, I can tell you with certainty that Whiplash TWau makes a noticeable difference with an enhanced sub-bass presence (in Zeus-R) and a little more balanced overall signature.  When I was taking my notes for the upcoming Zeus-R review, I had to go back and correct a few of my impressions because I got carried away without realizing I was using TWau.  BTG is great if you want more revealing micro-details; TWau gives you more bass, still keeps all the details but makes them a bit smoother, more organic.

@Kozato : I was under impression Leonidas was recommended more for a warmer full bodies IEMs?  Not exactly the sound sig of Zeus-R.

Aug 21, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #2,475 of 40,606
  droppin my own 2c and leavin at that: any added value of burn-in is so insignificant to me when taking into account my mood swings, mucus flow, hyperacusis, tinnitus which change from day to day.
ps: screw allergies, screw getting a cold in summer, screw excessive cerumen

I know we are a bit off topic, but I can relate to allergies part. When the season is in full swing - I can't use my CIEMs, only universals
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back