Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 15, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #21,916 of 40,575
my guess , they will probably have to price it higher than wraith as a way to say 'this is our new flagship'

or they could just keep it below 3K and just make everyone buy one at that price

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #21,918 of 40,575
my guess , they will probably have to price it higher than wraith as a way to say 'this is our new flagship'

or they could just keep it below 3K and just make everyone buy one at that price
Well @Jack Vang already said it'll be priced lower than the Wraith (with more tech than the Wraith and a better cable). So, we know that much already.
I just don't see how they can jam in more tech than the Wraith PLUS include a better cable than the Cleo and price it for less than $3K.
Just my opinion.

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #21,919 of 40,575
btw , speaking of Wraith, did anyone here buy it ? if so, did you like it ? curious what's the consensus here , is it a misunderstood flagship of a failed experiment ?

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #21,920 of 40,575
btw , speaking of Wraith, did anyone here buy it ? if so, did you like it ? curious what's the consensus here , is it a misunderstood flagship of a failed experiment ?

Not to deflect, but has there ever been a $3K+ IEM that garnered near universal praise as a must have? It seems counterintuitive to me that something in the price range is tuned for a broad market appeal.

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #21,922 of 40,575
After spending a week with it on the tour, I was impressed enough to take the plunge, esp. after I was given a very significant discount. I'm still very happy with my purchase. :ksc75smile:

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #21,923 of 40,575
Considering that I had sold my Zeus R at the time, it was on my radar until the price was announced and I backed into Valkyrie which I ended up selling as well.

I demo'd it a number of times and it didn't wow me at all. Maybe as some people say, it's something that grows on you, but not for that price tag.

Mid bass got bumped but Sub bass was still anemic for me. The 4 ESTs were too smooth for me

Jul 16, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #21,924 of 40,575
The worth of a flagship iem to me really depends on a few factors.

1. Taking the diminishing returns into account, is the sound a significant leap (technically and tonally) from current flagship to justify price increase.
2. Material used and overall package value.
3. Competition quality and pricing

We've seen other brands launching a series of iems including flagships but they suffer from,
1. same cheap package found in chi-fi products but charge $3,000+ for it (example a $20 case and stock cable from the year 2000)
2. flagship versus their next lower tier iem ($3,000 versus $1,999) and even keen ears cannot differentiate their technical difference.
3. all the latest and best technology and marketing can't save a product that doesn't deliver (end of the day if a single DD or BA can do the job better ... what's the point)

I've heard a 6 BA iem (VE EVE 2020), a common configuration in Chi-Fi (which sells under USD 500 or lower), and i can say the EVE clearly justifies its EU1,300 price tag.

Jul 16, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #21,925 of 40,575
Personally If i was in market for TOTL Flagahip, willing to spend 3k.
The sound should be the only thing that should extremely impress. Followed build quality and good fit.

If the sound is something really amazing.
It can ship in a tesco bag plugged into shoe laces as far as i am concerned.

Most of us use aftermarket stuff anyway.

Oh and it also would be nice if it did not look something like this
418UKEvRVrL._AC_.jpg

Jul 16, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #21,926 of 40,575
The sound should be the only thing that should extremely impress. Followed build quality and good fit.

418UKEvRVrL._AC_.jpg
Actually good fit should be first. Without that then the sound becomes meaningless anyway (imho).

Jul 16, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #21,927 of 40,575

418UKEvRVrL._AC_.jpg
Lol! That exists?

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #21,928 of 40,575

418UKEvRVrL._AC_.jpg
OMG, where did you find those?! I've been looking all over for them. Do them come in balanced? What's the sq like?

Jul 16, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #21,929 of 40,575
OMG, where did you find those?! I've been looking all over for them. Do them come in balanced? What's the sq like?
They are trully a technological masterpiece.

It comes with unicornskin pads as you can see.
And it has worlds first horn conductor drives.

Cant wait to see, what their upcoming model - Pegasus Pro will bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back