Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 17, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #21,946 of 40,594
Well, sure. We can correct the word I utilized. I didn't mean to say it was broken or anything. And I definitely have it more then a quick listen. Many hours over multiple months of testing TOTL IEMs, LX stayed on the list for a decent while
I found with appropriate time the details, mids and treble all were a very active part of what are the Legend X. They actually start to become a bit more balanced. That said, your opinion is the same as many, it just isn't their signature.

Jul 17, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #21,947 of 40,594
As to ADEL and EE, it would have been a decision EE made based on many things (I wouldn't want to hazard any guesses). I don't recall ever seeing a post by EE explaining why.

Jul 17, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #21,948 of 40,594
Do you know why this happened? 64 has great success with apex and the concept of helping protect ears from pressure and strain would seem to be something most IEM manufacturers would want to start offering their own version of.

A while back someone from EE mentioned they could not get the desired tuning for the two new lines of IEMs. This is why ADEL was dropped.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #21,949 of 40,594
As to ADEL and EE, it would have been a decision EE made based on many things (I wouldn't want to hazard any guesses). I don't recall ever seeing a post by EE explaining why.
I don't recall seeing a post either. The modules helped create air with the original U12, which was good. I was kinda hoping they would help lessen my tinnitus, but it wasn't so

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #21,950 of 40,594
The guy behind Adel is a huge flake, Google Adel Drum. There is an old thread here on it. Probably a big reason why they moved away from it

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #21,951 of 40,594
The guy behind Adel is a huge flake, Google Adel Drum. There is an old thread here on it. Probably a big reason why they moved away from it

Hmm. Well I would still think they could come up with their own version. As 64 and FiR have done. Interesting though. I think venting and "second eardrum" principal should be a new standard or at least the problems they address in ear health should be a focus addressed by high end IEM manufacturers expecting their customers to spend hours a day listening to their products.

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #21,953 of 40,594
Yes, but as a professional engineer I can tell you that pressure has an impact on hearing as well and so just low volume isn't the only solution. And for some, their job is hours of listening lol. For others, their love is hours of listening. So a solution to the problem isn't always to just stop doing the thing

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #21,956 of 40,594
Odin's announcement was supposed to be this week! its already Friday - spamming F5 for the news to hit

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #21,957 of 40,594
I did a demo of the Solaris, and although a really good IEM, I also found that it was a bit screechy in the highs. I was tempted by it but I thought it might get a bit fatiguing for me. I own the Legend X and I find it to be a lot smoother. It can be commanding and powerful, but to my ears, never at the point of getting painful or fatiguing up top. The Legend X is good for EDM and hip-hop due to its bass as most people know. But I use it as an all rounder, so will also listen to jazz, classical, pop, folk etc. Some people think of it just for bassy music, but the Legend X is quite adaptable.
After I left them burning in overnight the highs did calm down a little bit. They do sound awesome. I’m still going to invest in something with that crazy bass for my electronic stuff. Either I’ll wait for that new Odin or just get the LX. I still have to demo it somehow.

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #21,958 of 40,594
Actually, a solution to the problem is to stop doing the thing that is a problem.

Patient: doctor, it hurts when I do this.

Doctor: don't do that.

It may be a solution but also not really.

Doctor it hurts to pee.

Doctor says stop peeing...

Or in this case what your saying is, to just not listen to music because it can cause ear damage.

Or don't breathe because over time it will cause lung cancer from toxins in the air.

Or never leave your house and live in a bubble for ever because covid-19.

Lol. It's not exactly a solution. You can solve the problem with additional tech/innovation and then we can do the things and not have the problem. Hence, APEX. And many other technological advancements we have made to stop problems in the general world.

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #21,959 of 40,594
Do you know why this happened? 64 has great success with apex and the concept of helping protect ears from pressure and strain would seem to be something most IEM manufacturers would want to start offering their own version of.
Only other company that i know of that do something similar is ACS and the amvient system they have. Quite a bit less developed than adel due to the fact they don't have options for filters which is a shame. Been tempted to give it a go.

Jul 17, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #21,960 of 40,594
Odin's announcement was supposed to be this week! its already Friday - spamming F5 for the news to hit
Where did you see that the announcement was supposed to be this week, if you don't mind me asking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back