1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

1. fcc323
    You got really lucky... My impressions were approved on Nov 4 and they shipped just shipped on Dec 12

2. mwhals
    I was told that EE is working hard to get orders out before the Christmas holiday. Remember that the Thanksgiving holiday was within your time. Also, maybe processing impressions is a little more time that I was told. My Legend X took four weeks last June. If you take out Thanksgiving week, yours were 4 weeks. I think 3-4 weeks is their new time.

Congrats on your new custom! You will love it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    fcc323 and davidcotton like this.
  3. davidcotton
    Better to be right first time than quicker and need to sort a few errors :p

Sure you'll enjoy them when you get them.

fcc323 likes this.
  4. MacedonianHero Contributor
    I've got a wonderful pair of custom Valkyrie here to review and I am so thoroughly impressed with you EE has kicked up things in terms of build quality (even though previous models were fantastically built, man these are like jewelry now), included accessories (the storage case is a true site to behold) and overall experience. Very balanced sounding in-ears but with a great foundation down low. This is going to be one heck of a holiday season getting to know them better for my early 2020 review! Well done Empire Ears!!!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Layman1 likes this.
  5. mwhals
    My Phantom is out for delivery. :)

doctorjuggles likes this.
  6. mwhals
    For once, they came while we were both at work, so now I have to wait until tomorrow. I redirected it to a nearby Walgreens.

7. blacksesame
    I got to audition some of ee's lineup and I have to say that the wraith is top notch for me. Would anyone know what would be a cheaper alternative?

8. singleended5863
    Then you should get them since there are nothing can be compared to EE products especially those top notch ones.

9. blacksesame
    As much as I would like them, I can't afford it. But its pretty impressive how far iems have come.

10. proedros
    Massdrop Zeus XIV ?

mr.karmalicious likes this.
  11. Layman1
    To try to answer that question, can you describe what particular things you most liked about the Wraith, that you would hope to find in a cheaper alternative?
    I have a few ideas, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on that first :)
    [Edit]: Oh, and also what kind of price range you'd ideally be looking at?

12. bflat
    I think you want to stick with the CIEM makers who work directly with professional artists. They tend to all have balanced lows, forward vocals, and smooth treble. I would recommend looking into JH Audio Performance universal models like the JH13 on the lower end or Roxanne on the higher end. 64 Audio is another solid choice like the Trio and U12t.

I haven't tried any other models from EE, but the Massdrop Zeus is still available at $750 and is considered the predecessor to Wraith.

13. singleended5863
    I think you get what you pay for. Each IEM/CIEM has different (reference) sound if you carefully or spend real time to listen them. :wink:

14. blacksesame
    Im not too good at explaining what I want but I can try...I like the wraith because it has excellent resolution, sounds natural and very detailed without the sibilance. Bass and subbass is linear and its fast, punchy with good texture and it never gets in the way (I found the legend x is good but the bass is too much for me). I currently have the T800 and it sounds pretty good to me but if I'm going to nitpick, I'd say the bass is sometimes slow (or sounding over worked?) and mids are a bit thin at times. I still love the T800 and wouldn't mind something to complement it. not sure if that helps and I'm willing to spend no more than $750.

I listened to a lot of the top tiers earphones while I was in japan and the two that impressed me the most were the wraith and jvc/victor fw10000 (polar opposite sound sig but it works for me)

I've tried in no particular order.. valks, legend x, z1r (nice but physicslly too big), andromeda, 65 audio a18 and a12t and fitear est. All out of my price range but it was really fun listening to them to get a taste of what I'd be getting if I paid top dollars.

Edit: sorry for going off topic.. got carried away

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  15. mwhals
    How does the Drop Zeus sound compared to the EE almost equivalent Zeus? Also, who warrants it? EE or Drop?