Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 14, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #20,401 of 40,345
Hello my lovely Head-fiers...

It is with great sadness that I must share with that today is my last day here at Empire Ears. It has been such a pleasure serving the Head-fi community and it has been a definite highlight of my time with the company.

I loved getting to know so many of you. It's definitely bittersweet.

Please enjoy these photos from today. Yes, I requested that everyone wear all black (because funeral, duh, and also.. I wear a LOT of black). Did I know that 2 of my colleagues were going to show up in suits? No, but I love it.

I know that you are in great hands with @ajyagle. He really is an awesome dude.

E5Nv61a.jpg

(To put some faces to names, Austin's on the far right for those of y'all that haven't met him. Josh ((in the suit on the left)) also works CanJam shows for us as well as being a general do-it-all man around the EE office. I know a handful of y'all have met Josh. Consider yourself lucky cause he's a gem. )

ZLmtQ19.jpg

Dancer and deuces.
Also, I'm wearing a tiny pink glittery cowboy hat that says "party posse". MESS WITH ME.

Lots of love, Empire fam. I'll catch y'all later.
I'll check my account for the next few days so feel free to DM me if you wanna follow me on Instagram or anything hehe (silly millennial stuff....) :innocent:
Ah, so sad to hear that. We will all miss your wonderful personality here! Have a big hug...
source.gif

All the very best for what comes next for you and don't be a stranger! :)

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #20,402 of 40,345
Hello my lovely Head-fiers...

It is with great sadness that I must share with that today is my last day here at Empire Ears. It has been such a pleasure serving the Head-fi community and it has been a definite highlight of my time with the company.

I loved getting to know so many of you. It's definitely bittersweet.

Please enjoy these photos from today. Yes, I requested that everyone wear all black (because funeral, duh, and also.. I wear a LOT of black). Did I know that 2 of my colleagues were going to show up in suits? No, but I love it.

I know that you are in great hands with @ajyagle. He really is an awesome dude.

E5Nv61a.jpg

(To put some faces to names, Austin's on the far right for those of y'all that haven't met him. Josh ((in the suit on the left)) also works CanJam shows for us as well as being a general do-it-all man around the EE office. I know a handful of y'all have met Josh. Consider yourself lucky cause he's a gem. )

ZLmtQ19.jpg

Dancer and deuces.
Also, I'm wearing a tiny pink glittery cowboy hat that says "party posse". MESS WITH ME.

Lots of love, Empire fam. I'll catch y'all later.
I'll check my account for the next few days so feel free to DM me if you wanna follow me on Instagram or anything hehe (silly millennial stuff....) :innocent:

Such a happy family vibe in these pics! Thanks for all your work here and wish you all the best in your future endeavours :)

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #20,403 of 40,345
I used the existing impressions they already have on file, but was told it does not really change the manufacturing time, because prepping the impressions is quick compared to the rest of the process.
You got really lucky... My impressions were approved on Nov 4 and they shipped just shipped on Dec 12

Dec 14, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #20,404 of 40,345
You got really lucky... My impressions were approved on Nov 4 and they shipped just shipped on Dec 12

I was told that EE is working hard to get orders out before the Christmas holiday. Remember that the Thanksgiving holiday was within your time. Also, maybe processing impressions is a little more time that I was told. My Legend X took four weeks last June. If you take out Thanksgiving week, yours were 4 weeks. I think 3-4 weeks is their new time.

Congrats on your new custom! You will love it.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #20,405 of 40,345
Better to be right first time than quicker and need to sort a few errors :p

Sure you'll enjoy them when you get them.

Dec 15, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #20,406 of 40,345
I've got a wonderful pair of custom Valkyrie here to review and I am so thoroughly impressed with you EE has kicked up things in terms of build quality (even though previous models were fantastically built, man these are like jewelry now), included accessories (the storage case is a true site to behold) and overall experience. Very balanced sounding in-ears but with a great foundation down low. This is going to be one heck of a holiday season getting to know them better for my early 2020 review! Well done Empire Ears!!!

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #20,412 of 40,345
I got to audition some of ee's lineup and I have to say that the wraith is top notch for me. Would anyone know what would be a cheaper alternative?

Massdrop Zeus XIV ?

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #20,413 of 40,345
I got to audition some of ee's lineup and I have to say that the wraith is top notch for me. Would anyone know what would be a cheaper alternative?

To try to answer that question, can you describe what particular things you most liked about the Wraith, that you would hope to find in a cheaper alternative?
I have a few ideas, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on that first :)
[Edit]: Oh, and also what kind of price range you'd ideally be looking at?

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #20,414 of 40,345

I think you want to stick with the CIEM makers who work directly with professional artists. They tend to all have balanced lows, forward vocals, and smooth treble. I would recommend looking into JH Audio Performance universal models like the JH13 on the lower end or Roxanne on the higher end. 64 Audio is another solid choice like the Trio and U12t.

I haven't tried any other models from EE, but the Massdrop Zeus is still available at $750 and is considered the predecessor to Wraith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back