Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 17, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #19,216 of 40,560
The Legend X and A12t are a great pairing. It is what I use now, although I do still have my Angie II. I may sell it.
Where do you place the Angie within the others?

Aug 17, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #19,218 of 40,560
Two things to say:

- New kids in the house!

- Found the perfect replacement for my beloved IER-Z1r, even better, perfect fit and a bit more mid as I wanted. Couldn't be happier!

Thanks EE! Amazing support from @Devon Higgins and Austin

They look great, enjoy them! I got the brushed gold on my recent EE IEMs as well.

Aug 17, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #19,219 of 40,560
The Legend X and A12t are a great pairing. It is what I use now, although I do still have my Angie II. I may sell it.

sell it then buy Zeus XR , and you are set

Aug 17, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #19,221 of 40,560
Phantom's sweet spot is the timbre in the middle. Zeus's sweet spot is 3D transparency with no one area being more prevalent than any other. Also, Phantom's vocals are thicker and Zeus's are clearer.
The Phantom's timbre is nice, and its bass is nice, but to me it was veiled and didn't have enough upper end. The Zeus can seem thin to some people and may have too little bottom and too much top. It also depends on what you listen to, as the Zeus will not add anything to the sound as mastered and the Phantom will. I liked the Phantom, but not enough to keep it.

Aug 17, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #19,222 of 40,560
i sometimes turn down the bass a bit when listening with my WM1A , so i guess zeus bass is more than enough for my taste

besides , this combo of transparency (without sounding clinical/thin , the zeus mids are great) and precise pinpoint imaging

yeah , phantom does not seem like my kind of signature

Aug 17, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #19,223 of 40,560
They look great, enjoy them! I got the brushed gold on my recent EE IEMs as well.
Good on you Mate, looks like you have good taste. :)
They look even better personally.

Aug 17, 2019 at 11:56 PM Post #19,225 of 40,560
Hey guys, did anyone hear the legend x vs bravado that can give me a comparison?

I tried searching but no real comparisons...
The Bravado is a lot like a baby version of the Legend X; the Legend X has more detailed and powerful bass and significantly more detailed and sparkly highs, but the overall "feel" is pretty similar. The Bravado is super impressive for a dual driver.

Aug 18, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #19,226 of 40,560
Yeah, the Bravado really is impressive.

Not sure I would want it as my only iem as the balance can be overwhelming with some music but it sure is fun to have when you want that awesome bass.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #19,227 of 40,560
Hey guys, did anyone hear the legend x vs bravado that can give me a comparison?

I tried searching but no real comparisons...

They don't really belong in the same conversation, but that makes sense given that they're both in the same product lineup and one's 3x the price of the other.

Baby Legend X is a good description of the Bravado - it's a solid V-shaped hybrid with good bass and treble. The Legend X just takes everything about the Bravado and takes it up several notches. Better lows, better highs, much higher resolution, etc.

Aug 18, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #19,229 of 40,560
Does anyone know if lg v30 can power the Legend X well?
I didn't have problem with my Galaxy S10e and V30 has more power, so I don't think will be a problem. Let's see the other's opinions.

Aug 18, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #19,230 of 40,560
Thanks @mr.karmalicious and @BananaOoyoo

I'm looking at crin's graph and the bravado should have deeper bass and higher highs? Especially at 5k where legend x dips. In my head, I would have thought they wouldn't sound similar..

I had a chance to listen to bravado and was really impressed by the bass but I would also think long term listening would be tiresome. So I was curious to what the legend x sound is with less bass but the 5k dip may or may not be a good thing?

graph.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back