1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)

1. Wyville
    I suspect the previous case was designed with CIEMs and the old stock cable in mind and as EE developed newer models and started using EA cables the fit was less ideal. (Not sure if true, just seems like it.) I do agree that it is very nice if the IEMs have their own separate slots. Although if the new case is like the one Jomo uses (which I expect because EE and Jomo are good friends), then it is really great for home storage. Like you, I don't use my Phantoms out and about. But then again, I have the luxury of multiple IEMs and DAPs, and so have a different setup for on the go. [insert grinning spoiled little brat smiley] :D

2. TooPoorForHiFi
    Have anyone Custom designed an EE IEM with their own uploaded Art work? If so could you share some Pictures of it? I'm interested in how it comes out.

3. crinacle
    Everybody can use the comparison tool, btw. No need to go through such hoops in the future :)

Misson07, mr.karmalicious and Layman1 like this.
  4. Deezel177
    You can check out BKK Audio’s Instagram page. They’re EE’s Thai dealer and they post photos of their IEMs quite often. There are a few just in the screenshot below that have custom artwork on them:

2EBD5490-F8C7-410C-9418-7A0A1E197B1C.png

Layman1 and Wyville like this.
  5. mr.karmalicious
    hot damn... i literally googled "crinacle frequency response comparison" and when it wasn't the first result, I instantly thought, "oh yeah, patron only!". I maybe should have scrolled all the way down to the second result to see the right result :|.

6. Bart147
    My Phantom was done with a picture from the internet showing my love for Prince :
    phantom  1.jpg
    phantom  3.jpg

Misson07, danniao, SBranson and 6 others like this.
  7. mr.karmalicious
    that looks great—I also really love the black faceplate + translucent red shell, wow! It looks classier than I would have expected.

EDIT: obvious in retrospect, but Alive 2007 on the Legend X... :eyes:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    SBranson and Bart147 like this.
  8. singleended5863
    Nice looking indeed.
    Now you can get Ares II and Eros II 8wire you won’t regret and satisfied for a long time. :wink:

9. Bart147
    The EE Phantom comes with the Ares II actually but I moved on to the Ares II 8-wire to finally end up with the Leo II :ksc75smile:

Sound~Patriot and Wyville like this.
  10. Giullian
    Two things to say:

- New kids in the house!
    Gold_Silver (1).jpg
    - Found the perfect replacement for my beloved IER-Z1r, even better, perfect fit and a bit more mid as I wanted. Couldn't be happier!

Thanks EE! Amazing support from @Devon Higgins and Austin

11. TooPoorForHiFi
    Is that LX? What made you decide to go with Empire Ears?

12. Giullian
    The Lx indeed.

First I was looking for a hybrid IEM to complement my A12t and give the rumble of the DD for my Hip-hop songs. Then after trying JH Lola, Noble Khan and Sony Z1r, it was love at first sight with Z1r, got it and it's an amazing IEM, but with a horrible fit for my ears, so was a love hate relationship until I got a chance to try QDC VX, VE8 and LX, again VX and VE8 are amazing IEM that I would have easily as the first round, but only the LX got the smile I had with the Z1r and the filling of "getting home after a long work day, open a beer, sit on the couch and relax" as the Z1r did.

Will spend more time with it now and will come with some impressions compared to my A12t.

13. mwhals
    The Legend X and A12t are a great pairing. It is what I use now, although I do still have my Angie II. I may sell it.

14. Giullian
    Where do you place the Angie within the others?

15. mwhals
    I rank them as follows:

1. A12t
    2. Legend X
    3. Angie II