Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 2, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #18,871 of 40,579
The reverse entry!! Big brain!! I'll do that in the future, lol.

(Though mine are so big; it's a little cramped regardless! Snug fit is probably better all things considered, anyway. Anyway--beautiful case. So... hefty.)

My JH Audio Angie II has the same type of case and I am glad Empire Ears went that way. The Pandora is larger than the JH Audio case, which is a good thing.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #18,872 of 40,579
Does the new Pandora case fit IEMs as well as an 8-wire cable? Liiiike an Ares II 8-wire (or similar in gauge/overall thickness)?

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #18,873 of 40,579
Does the new Pandora case fit IEMs as well as an 8-wire cable? Liiiike an Ares II 8-wire (or similar in gauge/overall thickness)?

It has no problem fitting my Acoustune HS1650 and it's ultra thick cable.

IMG_20190730_111946.jpg

1564385583125..jpg

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #18,874 of 40,579
Bought an orange and black one of these to house LX and Fourte. The Audio64 sticker fits nicely on top.
879561DC-12B6-44BB-9FAE-19E3FC2CE615.png

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #18,875 of 40,579
Bought an orange and black one of these to house LX and Fourte. The Audio64 sticker fits nicely on top.

This is what I use as well. The interior is completely lined with a felt material. It's comparable to JH's hockey puck case. Not the most practical for OTG use as it does weigh quite a bit, but it is solid.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #18,876 of 40,579
This is what I use as well. The interior is completely lined with a felt material. It's comparable to JH's hockey puck case. Not the most practical for OTG use as it does weigh quite a bit, but it is solid.
The orange one had felt the black one didn’t. To far to send back. I lined it with an EE bag. Works but not practical.

Aug 3, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #18,878 of 40,579
Took a couple more pics, including some macro shots—but it’s hard to get focus on the internals on these guys, especially with the very curvy custom shell :). A few below; album here.

upload_2019-8-3_17-18-9.png

upload_2019-8-3_17-18-39.png

upload_2019-8-3_17-19-47.png

upload_2019-8-3_17-20-3.png

I got antsy taking pics, though, and am listening to them again now :eyes:

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #18,879 of 40,579
Must be a QC issue. I have 2 in black, 1 silver & 1 red. All have felt.
These look nice, and WAY more practical than the box I got my Bravados in... I really dislike it, and wish I knew about the Pandora case when I ordered my CIEMs...
Anyone know of a similar case, but without Xudoo written all over it? I would have opted for the EE Pandora Case but now it is $40 plus shipping ($50 for one with engraving).
Wonder why their rep did not mention it when I ordered at CanJam?! :angry:

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #18,880 of 40,579
These look nice, and WAY more practical than the box I got my Bravados in... I really dislike it, and wish I knew about the Pandora case when I ordered my CIEMs...
Anyone know of a similar case, but without Xudoo written all over it? I would have opted for the EE Pandora Case but now it is $40 plus shipping ($50 for one with engraving).

For the price, I haven’t found a more solid case than the Xduoo one. Shozy makes a similar case to the Pandora, but with a silicon lining/insert. The Pandora case seems to be in between the JH/Xduoo case and the lightweight aluminum cases like the ones included with iBasso’s IEMs. The Pandora case seems to be a nice compromise between the hefty Xduoo case and the thin/lightweight iBasso case.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #18,881 of 40,579
These look very nice in person.
Got in a fairly lengthy audition of the Valkyries yesterday, listened out of my WM-1A their stock cable (EROS 2.5) with a 2.5 to 4.4 converter.
Quick notes:
U-shaped signature bordering V-Shaped IMO. Bass quantity seems more controlled in comparison to other EE's with the W9 but still very fun and present when called forth, it's mid-range seemed neutral, nothing really standing out. Treble was lively extended and a little splashy, compliments the bass, hence the U/V signature. Overall I really like the Valkyrie, would consider it for a custom with a few more auditions.
Do note these are initial impressions of a very fresh out of the box demo unit, things could change with a little burn in.

IMG_7552.JPG

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #18,882 of 40,579
Ultimate ears uses the same case and I believe they engrave it as well.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #18,883 of 40,579
Hi Guys, I am new to this fourm. I am considering to purchase a CIEM. I mostly listen pop amd rock and I like more balanced (reference-like?) sound. I tried UERR which I think sounds good but lacks something (I don't know how to describe), Phantom has too much bass and I feel it is a bit slow, ESR seems has vocal too recessed, EVR is currently on the top of my list. I would like to demo VE3.2 too which I think I may like according to VE's description. May I ask for your advice on those CIEM and any other suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Aug 4, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #18,884 of 40,579
For the price, I haven’t found a more solid case than the Xduoo one. Shozy makes a similar case to the Pandora, but with a silicon lining/insert. The Pandora case seems to be in between the JH/Xduoo case and the lightweight aluminum cases like the ones included with iBasso’s IEMs. The Pandora case seems to be a nice compromise between the hefty Xduoo case and the thin/lightweight iBasso case.
What are the dimensions of the EE Pandora Case? Website says NOTHING about dimensions!
The cDuoo x-can is: 85mm inner diameter, 45mm height (according to Penon Audio)

Aug 4, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #18,885 of 40,579
Hi Guys, I am new to this fourm. I am considering to purchase a CIEM. I mostly listen pop amd rock and I like more balanced (reference-like?) sound. I tried UERR which I think sounds good but lacks something (I don't know how to describe), Phantom has too much bass and I feel it is a bit slow, ESR seems has vocal too recessed, EVR is currently on the top of my list. I would like to demo VE3.2 too which I think I may like according to VE's description. May I ask for your advice on those CIEM and any other suggestion? Thanks a lot!

EVR is solid, as is the older Spartan IV. QDC also has nice IEMs.

My suggestion for a reference sound would be the Hidition Viento-R though (assuming it’s available where you live). Handily beats the likes of the K10 Encore at a fraction of the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back