Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 10, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #16,966 of 40,613
for now its really similar to Leonidas with Phantoms. Basically just like a slightly improved Leonidas. Just slightly less emotions.

This is base on 20 mins of working+listening btw
I need to give Horus another (more serious) try. Did not care for it that much with the Phantom when I briefly tried it a few days ago, but that was straight after coming from Legend X and that might have ever so slightly affected my perception. :p

I will say that the PlusSound X6 Tri-Copper and the Phantom was a really good pairing, very lively and great bass. Legend X and the X6 was insane and I love it and someone will have to fight me to get their Legend X back. :D

Phantom with the Han Sound Audio Venom was quite special, but also a little dry and the memory wire made the cable a little unwieldy.

Might try some cable rolling again later this week.

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #16,969 of 40,613
Out of curiosity, have any of you all ordered during black friday the past few years? What's wait time been like for you? Like has the 5 week wait been hit on the dot every time?

I'm leaving for France on the 27th and my Spartan IVs are about that 5 week mark there, so I'm hoping I can get them right in time.

This is just to relieve my impatience so to speak ha! Devon and the team have been nothing but wonderful in their customer service and truly do make anyone a part of the family!

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #16,970 of 40,613
Out of curiosity, have any of you all ordered during black friday the past few years? What's wait time been like for you? Like has the 5 week wait been hit on the dot every time?

I'm leaving for France on the 27th and my Spartan IVs are about that 5 week mark there, so I'm hoping I can get them right in time.

This is just to relieve my impatience so to speak ha! Devon and the team have been nothing but wonderful in their customer service and truly do make anyone a part of the family!
Empire ears are breaking for Christmas on the 21st , just in case you didn't already know.

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #16,971 of 40,613

I did order my Spartans last year during BF then I received them in the third week of January 2018 and again I have ordered the Phantoms on BF Devon told me they will be shipped around the second week of January 2019 since EE is closing from December 21, 2018 to January 3, 2019. I hope I will get their notice maybe earlier. :relieved:
However, it is worth the wait!

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #16,972 of 40,613

unless you ordered rush , you will probably receive them after xmas

my Zeus took more than 5 weeks and in a much less 'crowded' period than BF

patience , enjy your holidays and when you return you will have something amazing to look for

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #16,975 of 40,613
Well, it’s still early days - I only have around 120 hrs of burn in thus far. But I will say that the overall sound signature of the Legend X is pretty astonishing. Technically, with the Lionheart I’m hearing more; layers, air, clarity, and separation across the entire spectrum - compared to the Ares II. I can literally distinguish individual voices within a sung harmony part, for example! There have been many other instances like this, where I’m blown away by the quality of what I’ve heard.

I disagree that the LX is bass heavy; as for the most part, I’m hearing a balanced portrayal of whatever I’m listening to. I’m no bass-head, and listen to; Jazz, Rock, Classical, Popular, EDM, you name it. I will admit though, on 2-3 pieces I’ve noticed a little unwanted bass bloom. To add context though, this is only a tiny contingent of hundreds of songs, so... I put this down to the fact I haven’t yet reached the 200+ hrs burn in mark; as the LX does require adequate burn in to tighten things up in the lower register.

So ultimately, so far so good. The Lionheart just sounds sweeter - without loss of detail, and is just fuller and more resolved across the entire aural gamut. Absolutely loving these IEMs!

just use spin fit double flange tips, you will be happy to see the x shine more than with the final tips, to be honest i feel its a big mistake to use final e tips with legend x as it affects the highs and details alot, and everything sounds bloomy, everyone who i gave legend x and heard it with final tips saying its just good, but once we moved the tips to spin fit or jvc they were floored how everything came together amazingly

only 2 tips i recommend are spin fit double flange and jvc spiral dots period

i think its time for EE to start looking for a great universal tip solution themselves

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #16,976 of 40,613
just use spin fit double flange tips, you will be happy to see the x shine more than with the final tips, to be honest i feel its a big mistake to use final e tips with legend x as it affects the highs and details alot, and everything sounds bloomy, everyone who i gave legend x and heard it with final tips saying its just good, but once we moved the tips to spin fit or jvc they were floored how everything came together amazingly

only 2 tips i recommend are spin fit double flange and jvc spiral dots period

i think its time for EE to start looking for a great universal tip solution themselves

The spin fit double flange tips are what I’ve been using on the LX’s from day 1 - previously used them on my Hermes VI’s. I’m a big fan of their isolation, and comfort.

Dec 13, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #16,977 of 40,613
Thank you all for all your support and generous info whenever I ask! Same goes to @Devon Higgins and the team at EE.

Decided I'm not taking my expensive stuff anyways on the trip anyways, don't want to risk losing anything of serious value so I picked up something cheap I already know I enjoy at a great price I won't regret losing.

Dec 14, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #16,978 of 40,613
The spin fit double flange tips are what I’ve been using on the LX’s from day 1 - previously used them on my Hermes VI’s. I’m a big fan of their isolation, and comfort.

thats good, i think using the final ear tips just masks the amazing sound of legend x, and can result in people not liking it from first auditioning, if i were EE i would include spin fit tips, its a night and day difference

Dec 14, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #16,979 of 40,613
thats good, i think using the final ear tips just masks the amazing sound of legend x, and can result in people not liking it from first auditioning, if i were EE i would include spin fit tips, its a night and day difference
I agree completely - they are great tips, and really improved my Hermes VIs too. As good as they were though - best IEMs I’d owned up until recently, the Legends are simply next-level amazing! Already planning my next DAP upgrade for next year! I’ve only been using my Hiby R6 for 6-7 months. This is becoming an addiction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back