Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 23, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #1,636 of 40,606
There are a lot of other DAPs in the market that cost a lot less than the AK320 that are very capable of delivering beautiful sounding music to your ears. Check out reviews of lower priced DAPs such as the X7 (one of my favorite Android-enabled DAPs) and the QP1R (the most detailed, clear and resolute DAP I've listened to).

Good luck!

I've tried the X7 and I would say it was great but could be improved in certain aspects, not to elaborate. I agree, I feel that recently there are a few manufacturers, who are stepping up to introduce higher quality DAPs at a more affordable pricing for the low-budget audiophiles. But all in all, the AK320 is quite beautiful both aesthetically and internally IMO, just that it's price isn't!

Apr 23, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #1,637 of 40,606
I've tried the X7 and I would say it was great but could be improved in certain aspects, not to elaborate. I agree, I feel that recently there are a few manufacturers, who are stepping up to introduce higher quality DAPs at a more affordable pricing for the low-budget audiophiles. But all in all, the AK320 is quite beautiful both aesthetically and internally IMO, just that it's price isn't!

Check out the comparisons of the AK320, AK380 and QP1R in the near future in the QP1R review thread if you are interested. It will mostly be comprised of sound quality impressions, not simply aesthetics, as all three look amazing in person. The Rosie and other IEMs will be at the event I'm attending tomorrow as well so I'm going to try to get some time with as much equipment as I can.

[rule]

As for Empire Ears, what can I say? Blissful sounding lineup, and it's always nice being around the truly great team at the international events.

Apr 23, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #1,638 of 40,606
Check out the comparisons of the AK320, AK380 and QP1R in the near future in the QP1R review thread if you are interested. It will mostly be comprised of sound quality impressions, not simply aesthetics, as all three look amazing in person. The Rosie and other IEMs will be at the event I'm attending tomorrow as well so I'm going to try to get some time with as much equipment as I can.

As for Empire Ears, what can I say? Blissful sounding lineup, and it's always nice being around the truly great team at the international events.

Will definitely be interested and keeping a look out for it. Do share your experiences and thoughts about the equipment !

Apr 23, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #1,639 of 40,606
Will definitely be interested and keeping a look out for it. Do share your experiences and thoughts about the equipment !

I probably won't post my update here since it doesn't have to do with Empire Ears, but you can check the QP1R review thread in a few days and it should be there (first post of the thread).

Time to get some sleep, good night (for me at least)!

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #1,640 of 40,606
Pardon me if this was discussed already. But what DAP do you guys recommend that has a good pairing with the Zeus and has a great sound quality-price ratio? I want better sound quality than my HTC One M9 and don't want to carry it with a Fiio e18 connected to it. When attached they are quite a brick. Thank you

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #1,641 of 40,606
Pardon me if this was discussed already. But what DAP do you guys recommend that has a good pairing with the Zeus and has a great sound quality-price ratio? I want better sound quality than my HTC One M9 and don't want to carry it with a Fiio e18 connected to it. When attached they are quite a brick. Thank you

The post right above yours.

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #1,643 of 40,606
Apr 23, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #1,644 of 40,606
Thanks for your needed input. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

I'll throw in a recommendation for the Lotoo Paw Gold. I can't vouch for the Zeus, but the LPG drives the Apollo to the best sound from a Dap I've heard.  The Zeus could only be better.

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #1,646 of 40,606
It's all about your budget and what you value the most out of a DAP or smartphone/device. If something interests you, try it out and send back if you can or go to a meet near you - if you can't, then have a friend lend you a product of interest.

If anyone is around Southern California or will ever be around the area, I am more than happy to meet up with whomever would like to listen to whatever I own. :normal_smile :

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #1,647 of 40,606
That's a good sign of character. An audiophile who wants to share his experience with those less able to is an honorable trait in my book. I'm trying to find someone on head fi whose willing to trade their Spartan 4 for both my iems but I can't seem to find many people who are willing to let go of their Spartan 4 on the for sale forums. But hey can't say I blame them. :wink: And there aren't many people near good ole Martinsville that's into audio like me and has a few TOTL iems they could share.

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #1,648 of 40,606
That's a good sign of character. An audiophile who wants to share his experience with those less able to is an honorable trait in my book. I'm trying to find someone on head fi whose willing to trade their Spartan 4 for both my iems but I can't seem to find many people who are willing to let go of their Spartan 4 on the for sale forums. But hey can't say I blame them. :wink: And there aren't many people near good ole Martinsville that's into audio like me and has a few TOTL iems they could share.

Not quite an audiophile, just a person that loves music and helping when I can.

Martinsville? I was just in your area last week - albeit another state, but not too far away. Empire Ears and I were at AXPONA in Chicago. Drat!

I know Empire Ears attends shows not too far from you like NAMM in Nashville; maybe you can check out their entire lineup and a plethora of DAPs to your heart's content, there!

Good luck!

Apr 24, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #1,649 of 40,606
Thanks for your needed input. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Cowon Plenue 1, Plenue M, Plenue D and Plenue S are all excellent. Their cheapest version in the Plenue series, the Plenue D, is a great value at $300 USD, but the M and the 1 are among the best for their respective prices as well. All have very low noise floors for the sensitive Empire Ears lineup, feature a warm, analog-esque sound, and the best EQ in the business. I've owned the D, 1 and now the S, and I loved all three.

Apr 24, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #1,650 of 40,606
Cowon Plenue 1, Plenue M, Plenue D and Plenue S are all excellent. Their cheapest version in the Plenue series, the Plenue D, is a great value at $300 USD, but the M and the 1 are among the best for their respective prices as well. All have very low noise floors for the sensitive Empire Ears lineup, feature a warm, analog-esque sound, and the best EQ in the business. I've owned the D, 1 and now the S, and I loved all three.

Damn. Those DAP's have a nice black simple look I adore. Plus a warm sound signature looks like a cool feature too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back