Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 22, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #1,606 of 40,591
  Well I have to say, running the Spartans balanced out from the Liquid Carbon is the best synergy I've heard with these IEMs. No noise thanks to balanced mode and tons of detail and oomph!

I've been spending the day listening to Prince in honor of the purple one's passing. Hearing little details with this setup that have been obscured on other playback systems. I'm using a Bifrost Multibit for my DAC.

Interesting , going single ended rca out from the Bifrost and then balanced out from the LC?  

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #1,611 of 40,591

Well that gif is taken from the opening of the BBC show Sherlock, so I simply made the logical connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZABO1mNuSc

It made more sense to me than meeting at the eye or the parliament building. :D

I actually watch the show haha.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #1,613 of 40,591
Now I heard that the Zeus sounds better with better sources. It would make sense to buy a dedicated DAP, but I want the convenience of a smartphone. Do you guys know which smartphone has the best sounding audio chip in it, so that it will pair with the Zeus better than other smartphones? I've heard that the LG V10 has a hi res chip on it (a Sabre DAC). I'll also be playing FLACs through it. Currently I play my lossless music through an HTC One M9.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #1,614 of 40,591
Now I heard that the Zeus sounds better with better sources. It would make sense to buy a dedicated DAP, but I want the convenience of a smartphone. Do you guys know which smartphone has the best sounding audio chip in it, so that it will pair with the Zeus better than other smartphones? I've heard that the LG V10 has a hi res chip on it (a Sabre DAC). I'll also be playing FLACs through it. Currently I play my lossless music through an HTC One M9.

No one in the world will know what is the best sounding smartphone, since each person's favorite sounding is their favorite sounding.  Try to listen to as many smartphones as you can, and choose the one that sounds the best to your ears.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #1,616 of 40,591
Guess that makes sense. Sorry for asking.

Ask anything you'd like, no worries! 

Let us know which smartphone you wind up choosing! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #1,618 of 40,591
Apr 22, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #1,619 of 40,591

Users who are viewing this thread

Back