Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 16, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #16,456 of 40,594
Dang! You gave up the Spartans to your sister. Actually I am in love while listening to them (right now) with my DX200TI and modded amp8 (just done) via Ares II 8wire. :L3000:
Ive been planning it for quite some time, shes going into university next fall and working hard. Good music backed by good gear is gonna help. Thinking of either getting her the Shanling M5s or something for a graduation present because listening off an iPhone is no way to listen to music.

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #16,457 of 40,594
Ive been planning it for quite some time, shes going into university next fall and working hard. Good music backed by good gear is gonna help. Thinking of either getting her the Shanling M5s or something for a graduation present because listening off an iPhone is no way to listen to music.

Man! You are really nice and very kind brother. Wish I have a brother like you! :wink:

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #16,458 of 40,594
Man! You are really nice and very kind brother. Wish I have a brother like you! :wink:
10 year age difference but we get along quite well.

You could always roam the Canadian highways with @Vitaly2017 you might luck out on random audio gear flying out windows :p

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #16,459 of 40,594
10 year age difference but we get along quite well.

You could always roam the Canadian highways with @Vitaly2017 you might luck out on random audio gear flying out windows :p

Haha yea you never know what could fly out :k701smile:

I am getting my phantom soon. Feedback will be on the horizon soon...

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #16,460 of 40,594
Haha yea you never know what could fly out :k701smile:

I am getting my phantom soon. Feedback will be on the horizon soon...
Speaking on Phantoms, I might end up getting them.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #16,461 of 40,594
DO YOU HAVE AN ADEL COMPATIBLE IEM? THEN THIS MESSAGE IS FOR YOU!
We are running a promotion on our remaining stock of ADEL modules. If you were considering trying out a new module or buying a backup set of your favorite, NOW IS THE TIME! Save 50% on the B1, G1, and MAM while supplies last. They can be found here: https://empireears.com/collections/accessories

waaahoooo!!!

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #16,462 of 40,594
Speaking on Phantoms, I might end up getting them.

I dont umderstand how come you still dont have them :)

Its a must to have!
Good luck wallet is going to have a party lol.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #16,465 of 40,594
Can a bad fit change the sound of a CIEM ?
I’m asking this because I haven’t been impressed with my custom bravado as much as I was with the universals . It sounds veiled and the dynamic bass that I fell in love with doesn’t sound so dynamic at all . Sounds like something is covering it , no definition . The bass in my IBasso it03 sound much nicer than my custom bravado. That wasn’t the case with the universals when I first listened to them. When I had it in the beginning I thought I should allow it to burn in , but it hasn’t changed.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #16,466 of 40,594
I’m asking this because I haven’t been impressed with my custom bravado as much as I was with the universals . It sounds veiled and the dynamic bass that I fell in love with doesn’t sound so dynamic at all . Sounds like something is covering it , no definition . The bass in my IBasso it03 sound much nicer than my custom bravado. That wasn’t the case with the universals when I first listened to them. When I had it in the beginning I thought I should allow it to burn in , but it hasn’t changed.

A bad fit can 100% change the sound of an IEM

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #16,467 of 40,594

Absolutely. In fact, in addition to simply not getting a seal, there are tons of factors that can alter the sound of something as specifically-tailor-made as a CIEM. I've experienced CIEMs with bores that were cut at the wrong angle, CIEMs that were trimmed a bit too small and caused them to fit too deep in the ear, a tighter fit causing a tense eardrum when listening, etc. What you're describing - at first glance - sounds like a poor fit. It's a sound I've sometimes experienced when the CIEMs haven't been inserted far enough in the ear. So, you hear bass, but it's very unfocused, hazy and cloudy. Try forcing the CIEMs in as far as possible, twisting as you go to try different insertion angles. If nothing changes or you hear a better sound but at the cost of comfort, I'd advise contacting EE for a refit.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #16,468 of 40,594
Absolutely. In fact, in addition to simply not getting a seal, there are tons of factors that can alter the sound of something as specifically-tailor-made as a CIEM. I've experienced CIEMs with bores that were cut at the wrong angle, CIEMs that were trimmed a bit too small and caused them to fit too deep in the ear, a tighter fit causing a tense eardrum when listening, etc. What you're describing - at first glance - sounds like a poor fit. It's a sound I've sometimes experienced when the CIEMs haven't been inserted far enough in the ear. So, you hear bass, but it's very unfocused, hazy and cloudy. Try forcing the CIEMs in as far as possible, twisting as you go to try different insertion angles. If nothing changes or you hear a better sound but at the cost of comfort, I'd advise contacting EE for a refit.
If I insert it too deep , as in push it further to get a good seal , the bass becomes “woolly” and the highs muffled, less resolution. If I wear it the Way i feel it should be worn ( like how I wear my other ciem) the isolation is reduced and you don’t get the right amount of bass . In short , my custom bravado sounds different from the universal .

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #16,469 of 40,594
I dont umderstand how come you still dont have them :)

Its a must to have!
Good luck wallet is going to have a party lol.
What wallet? It disintegrated after hearing "Horus" and "SE 100" in the same sentence.

The 2 things above are also reasons why I don't have the Phantom yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back