Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 14, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #16,426 of 40,580
I have.. but Flamenco is on another level to me... :p Hope to see a Zeus signature successor someday.

been seeing many praises for Flamenco lately, still not a hyped ciem though so not much talking in here

can you compare it with your zeus ?

Oct 14, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #16,427 of 40,580
I wanted to love the Phantom but it was a bit underwhelming for me.. maybe Lionheart was not the best pairing though. Or maybe I prefer more transparent resolving signatures like from Flamenco or Hyla CE5. Phantom (and LX) I ultimately found too rolled off in treble and thick sounding in general.

Lionheart is a good pairing with the Phantom IMHO, I use it daily but if you're not into thick then it won't be for you :p

I have been very impressed by the Flamenco when I auditioned them, those are very energetic, detailed and engaging with amazing clarity and rich textures (I prefered bass switch on and treble switch off). I didn't expect to love them since it's not the typical signature I am shooting for. The price though is a bit steep for me...

I'll get a chance to hear the Hyla CE5 in a week, been curious to audition them...

Oct 14, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #16,428 of 40,580
I wanted to love the Phantom but it was a bit underwhelming for me.. maybe Lionheart was not the best pairing though. Or maybe I prefer more transparent resolving signatures like from Flamenco or Hyla CE5. Phantom (and LX) I ultimately found too rolled off in treble and thick sounding in general.
Try katana

Oct 14, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #16,429 of 40,580
Try katana

well, seeing you have sold yours, i would both suggest to go for Zeus XR

besides in @flinkenick shootout, katana came in at 12th place , while Zeus came in at 2nd if objective reviews mean a thing to you

some words of wisdom free of charge , have a great day

Oct 14, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #16,431 of 40,580
I'd avoid noble and the noble thread.
Any reason why? Or just overly obessive fans? I hear Noble is suppose to be very good, with their prices being very high.

Oct 14, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #16,432 of 40,580
Any reason why? Or just overly obessive fans? I hear Noble is suppose to be very good, with their prices being very high.
the fans, the wizard, and the product. once again, they have a fanbase for a reason so I'm not saying it's terrible in general, just my mileage with them pushed me away from the brand. looking at the thread is like looking into a bubble from the outside where theyre in their own happy world of noble and nothing else exists. the wizard would never let you forget that the k10 has 30 plus 5 star reviews which, at the time when I read them, the reviewers had mostly noble products. and the products themselves, in my opinion, if we're talking brand new retail $, I think you can get better. they are exceptional iems but outside of sound it feels like they add a premium for the branding and build which tbh is very good but other iems are also looking better and better. unless you get one used like I did, (700usd for k10ua), best search elsewhere. YMMV

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #16,433 of 40,580
the fans, the wizard, and the product. once again, they have a fanbase for a reason so I'm not saying it's terrible in general, just my mileage with them pushed me away from the brand. looking at the thread is like looking into a bubble from the outside where theyre in their own happy world of noble and nothing else exists. the wizard would never let you forget that the k10 has 30 plus 5 star reviews which, at the time when I read them, the reviewers had mostly noble products. and the products themselves, in my opinion, if we're talking brand new retail $, I think you can get better. they are exceptional iems but outside of sound it feels like they add a premium for the branding and build which tbh is very good but other iems are also looking better and better. unless you get one used like I did, (700usd for k10ua), best search elsewhere. YMMV

Agreed. The Katanas were my first big ticket IEM purchase after hearing a bunch of options at a Canjam, so I think their lineup is pretty good. But they definitely charge a premium relative to other options in their respective performance ranges. They seem a few years behind with other companies innovating a lot more at similar price points.

And yes, the Noble thread is very off-putting. Can I use the term "circle jerk" on here?

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #16,434 of 40,580

Exactly. The *wizard* got his audiology credentials from an online degree.

That brand is just repulsive, I will always encourage others to steer away from them

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #16,435 of 40,580
Exactly. The *wizard* got his audiology credentials from an online degree.

you are kidding , right ? i mean he speaks about it like having graduated from Yale or Harvard ....

hype everywhere....

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #16,436 of 40,580
you are kidding , right ? i mean he speaks about it like having graduated from Yale or Harvard ....

hype everywhere....
Thats friggin hilarious if it's true. I always felt any time someone mentioned a noble it always felt like circle jerk territory anyways. At this point wizard is just a marketing thing.

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #16,438 of 40,580
well, seeing you have sold yours, i would both suggest to go for Zeus XR

besides in @flinkenick shootout, katana came in at 12th place , while Zeus came in at 2nd if objective reviews mean a thing to you

some words of wisdom free of charge , have a great day

There are no such things as objective reviews, they are all subjective. Even data is interpreted by a reviewer, and that interpretation is thus the product of one individuals mental state. Hence, subjective. Though I concur with the assessment of the Zeus as amazeballs good. Subjective qualification, but I think it true.

I'll see myself out.

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #16,439 of 40,580
That brand is just repulsive, I will always encourage others to steer away from them
Would you care to elaborate on why you find Noble objectionable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back