Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 18, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #16,486 of 40,347
you are not paying attention , so let me repeat

the 2-wire is the one that pairs well with XR , 4-wire is too bright

btw i have a 150$ copper cable on my XR - as i feel that spending 1000$ on a cable shows either abundance of wealth or abundance of insanity - and i am happy with it

but if i inherited a rich uncle or something tomorrow, well yeah 1960s 2w would be my next buy (and wm1z and maybe phantom)

cheers
I would assume that most folks would be using the XIV tuning on the XR and basing my response on that. Being the owner of an R, Im not sure the 2 wire would translate.

I did try finding a 2 wire to demo while I was in Hong Kong, but nothing doing.

In term of quality, it is one of the best, their 2 pins cant come off, and the only way to take it off is cut it, and the plug is furutech, cant get any better than that
Oh wow...that is....quite appealing.

My consideration of Horus was that I heard it worked well across a lot of IEMs. Considering that I most likely wont be stopping at Zeus, I wanted something that could do that. Do you feel that the 2 wire does the same?

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #16,487 of 40,347
I would assume that most folks would be using the XIV tuning on the XR and basing my response on that. Being the owner of an R, Im not sure the 2 wire would translate.

I did try finding a 2 wire to demo while I was in Hong Kong, but nothing doing.

Oh wow...that is....quite appealing.

My consideration of Horus was that I heard it worked well across a lot of IEMs. Considering that I most likely wont be stopping at Zeus, I wanted something that could do that. Do you feel that the 2 wire does the same?
I also had the horus with my Tia fourte, and used with lx and phantom, in comparison I really like the 1960s more, basically the 1960s pair very well with all type of iems, it improved in many levels depend on the iem you pair it with, it bring out the best of the weaknesses that each iem possess

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #16,488 of 40,347
20181018_154750.jpg

The 2 wires pair with my phantom

Oct 18, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #16,489 of 40,347
Oct 18, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #16,495 of 40,347
PWaudio’s 2-pin connector metal housing screws onto the plastic part of the connector, forming a secure fit between the metal housing and the 2-pin connector itself.
EA SHOULD TAKE NOTES

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #16,496 of 40,347
EA SHOULD TAKE NOTES

The screw on barrel 2-pin has one flaw; it’s physically larger in diameter so as to be able to accommodate the screw mechanism and still have enough space to fit 8-wire cables.

EA’s design is more compact, and fits IEMs that are more flush to the user’s ear, reducing the chances of the IEM connectors pushing IEMs out of the user’s ears and affecting fit.

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #16,497 of 40,347
The screw on barrel 2-pin has one flaw; it’s physically larger in diameter so as to be able to accommodate the screw mechanism and still have enough space to fit 8-wire cables.

EA’s design is more compact, and fits IEMs that are more flush to the user’s ear, reducing the chances of the IEM connectors pushing IEMs out of the user’s ears and affecting fit.
I can see why...unless you own a Zeus, it might present an issue.

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #16,498 of 40,347
If you plug/unplug/plug cables and IEMs a lot, there is going to be wear and tear and failure. The pins and sockets can't be all that big or they'd have to make the IEMs bigger. I know folks enjoy swapping out cables, but doing so carries an inherent risk.

Oct 19, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #16,499 of 40,347
If you plug/unplug/plug cables and IEMs a lot, there is going to be wear and tear and failure. The pins and sockets can't be all that big or they'd have to make the IEMs bigger. I know folks enjoy swapping out cables, but doing so carries an inherent risk.

Proper techniques of cable removal and insert will lower the rate of wear and tear. ButI guess cable rolling is what makes this hobby fun. Trying out all the different combinations of gear to get different effects.

Oct 19, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #16,500 of 40,347
Sure, wear and tear is a perfectly normal part of usage and it stands that if you cable roll, theres more than usual. However I still maintain that its unacceptable that a $500+ cable has equal odds of a part arbitarily failing through bare minimal usage while following the manufacturer's recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back