Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 16, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #1,531 of 40,595
Now isn't that @moedawg140
behind that ''monsterpizza''?
When I see him in the same picture with food, I can't help suspecting that his ''headphone buddy'' is standing just outside that picture, staring at his latest pizza creation :D
96024412_Gordon_Ram_303036c.jpg

Yup that's Moe and he's kickin' it with Questyle! As for his celebrity friend........(shrugs).......Warren had a pretty good explanation for it LOL

May 27th, my birthday, lets not forget.

Where the party at?!

If this becomes a thing I WANT!!!

+2!!!

Maybe they can arrange a loaner program for that thing.  I'm first!

Right?!

Its not Chicago pizza, but I picked up a Costco cheese pizza for dinner. had to wait 45 minutes for it, free UFC on tonight also. Pizza and the UFC, its going to be a good night, unless the fights suck. Now the dilema, what to drink with the pizza, milk or Mountain Dew, or A&W Root beer.

I ain't mad at that! Sounds like my kind of night!

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #1,536 of 40,595
  See now the back up display looks like legit stufffff

Thanks man! Have a lot of ideas for future displays =)

Finally got my Zeus custom! Looks just as good as it sounds! Thanks Jack and team for the beautiful craftsmanship inside and out!

Thank you for your patience! They look awesome!

Damn, Axpona looks so fun! Wish I could have been there!

Incredibly fun and the turnout was INCREDIBLE! Many new faces and several familiar from SoCal CanJam! 

As promised some photos from our booth over the weekend. Many, many new custom and universal Zeus XIV owners =D Would've taken more at the event but I was stuck in my booth all three days. London CanJam? Heck yes!

@fzman Love this guy!!!! Pleasure meeting you my man and thanks for the support!!!

@Mimouille this is for you! Ken from Campfire had a Paw Gold so I had to test out the lower sensitivity version of Zeus on it. Maybe @AxelCloris and @Hisoundfi can chime in as they listened to the setup too!

@AxelCloris, Bruce from Questyle, & Ken from Campfire Audio hanging out at the Empire booth!

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #1,537 of 40,595
First of all, thank you Jack Vang for coming and showing your diverse range of in-ear monitors. It was fun to sit down and try them all out. My favorites were the low sensitivity Zeus, the six driver Hermes and the low sensitivity two driver Supra.

The low sensitivity earphones seems to blacken the noise floor a touch, and be less sensitive and more volume dial friendly.

Being able to do impressions on the spot was really cool.

You guys had a kick arse display and everyone was very kind and helpful.

Keep up the great work and hope to see you again! It's always great to make new friends at the expos.

Cheers Jack

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #1,539 of 40,595
First of all, thank you @Jack Vang for coming and showing your diverse range of in-ear monitors. It was fun to sit down and try them all out. My favorites were the low sensitivity Zeus, the six driver Hermes and the low sensitivity two driver Supra.

The low sensitivity earphones seems to blacken the noise floor a touch, and be less sensitive and more volume dial friendly.

Keep up the great work and hope to see you again! It's always great to make new friends at the expos.

Cheers Jack

Likewise and thank you! The community is just phenomenal! Let's hang next time!
  I was offered a listening session of the Pawgold from someone at CanJam, most likely the same gentleman in the picture. I need to learn to say yes more. From what it looks like, I wont get any more fun testing until CanJam next year. 
frown.gif

We'll figure something out Eric 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #1,542 of 40,595
  How was the weather in the windy city? Because its kind of ironic we had major wind here for the last few days in parts.

Beautiful! Started out kind of chilly but ended in the mid 70's with the sun shining today!

I didn't have this song when I did my short listening with the Zeus, great vocals, you guys need to check it out. I dont understand Spanish, but still love the song. Those that watch Better Call Saul will recognize this.

Listening to it right now with Zeus and feelin' like Shia. Thanks for the great track!

Apr 18, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #1,543 of 40,595
Hmmm....
Eat your heart out!

I had two pieces of the pizza tonight (a few days after eating a bit of it) before eating at the seriously scrumptious Hofbrauhaus Restaurant in Chicago.  The pizza seems to grow when I take out slices...oh yes, when the slice is taken out, the cheese and sauce from both sides would ooze onto the open slice area, creating a new slice in the open slice's place! 
basshead.gif

Now isn't that @moedawg140 behind that ''monsterpizza''?
When I see him in the same picture with food, I can't help suspecting that his ''headphone buddy'' is standing just outside that picture, staring at his latest pizza creation
biggrin.gif

96024412_Gordon_Ram_303036c.jpg

Yes, and sounds about right! 
beerchug.gif

Speaking of Mr. Ramsay, if you are able eat at his restaurant in Las Vegas (Gordon Ramsay Burgr [spelled correctly] at Miracle Mile Shops), make sure to, because it's pretty tasty!

Maybe they can arrange a loaner program for that thing.  I'm first!

I would need to use a pre-paid priority mail box to save as much as I could because the pizza weighs a lot and would cost a LOT of money to overnight it to you! 
bigsmile_face.gif

First of all, thank you @Jack Vang for coming and showing your diverse range of in-ear monitors. It was fun to sit down and try them all out. My favorites were the low sensitivity Zeus, the six driver Hermes and the low sensitivity two driver Supra.

Cheers Jack

It was great meeting you for the first time, and you are a really awesome guy.  I'll be seeing you around in the threads and hope to see you at other meets, sooner than later.  And...I hope that your Cubs do well this year.

Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

How was the weather in the windy city? Because its kind of ironic we had major wind here for the last few days in parts.

I agree with Jack...really cold the first couple days, but yesterday was a nice day - I didn't have to use my beanie.  Needless to say, I will be happy to return back to So Cal weather, hopefully after the wind has subsided for the most part.  

AXPONA was an awesome show this year!  Met some new companies that are going to make a splash out here in the hifi market and met some Chicago and Wisconsin Head-Fiers!  You know who you all are; too many to mention - as all that I met or have seen again from prior meets are all awesome people and happy to call you my friends.

It was a joy seeing Jack and Empire Ears' team again, and being able to laugh and converse about not just audio, but life as well, made the setting up day and three days of exhibiting fly by!

I listened to some IEMs that I've been wanting to listen to for several months, and was able to listen to a few AXPONA world premieres that sounded great with the QP1R.  I certainly hope that I will be able to talk about them more in-depth in the future.

Hopefully I'll be able to visit Sensaphonics' headquarters later today to meet the staff and see their facility before leaving back to So Cal in the evening. *fingers crossed*

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #1,544 of 40,595

I had two pieces of the pizza tonight (a few days after eating a bit of it) before eating at the seriously scrumptious Hofbrauhaus Restaurant in Chicago.  The pizza seems to grow when I take out slices...oh yes, when the slice is taken out, the cheese and sauce from both sides would ooze onto the open slice area, creating a new slice in the open slice's place! 
basshead.gif

Yes, and sounds about right! 
beerchug.gif

Speaking of Mr. Ramsay, if you are able eat at his restaurant in Las Vegas (Gordon Ramsay Burgr [spelled correctly] at Miracle Mile Shops), make sure to, because it's pretty tasty!

I would need to use a pre-paid priority mail box to save as much as I could because the pizza weighs a lot and would cost a LOT of money to overnight it to you! 
bigsmile_face.gif

It was great meeting you for the first time, and you are a really awesome guy.  I'll be seeing you around in the threads and hope to see you at other meets, sooner than later.  And...I hope that your Cubs do well this year.

Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

I agree with Jack...really cold the first couple days, but yesterday was a nice day - I didn't have to use my beanie.  Needless to say, I will be happy to return back to So Cal weather, hopefully after the wind has subsided for the most part.  

AXPONA was an awesome show this year!  Met some new companies that are going to make a splash out here in the hifi market and met some Chicago and Wisconsin Head-Fiers!  You know who you all are; too many to mention - as all that I met or have seen again from prior meets are all awesome people and happy to call you my friends.

It was a joy seeing Jack and Empire Ears' team again, and being able to laugh and converse about not just audio, but life as well, made the setting up day and three days of exhibiting fly by!

I listened to some IEMs that I've been wanting to listen to for several months, and was able to listen to a few AXPONA world premieres that sounded great with the QP1R.  I certainly hope that I will be able to talk about them more in-depth in the future.

Hopefully I'll be able to visit Sensaphonics' headquarters later today to meet the staff and see their facility before leaving back to So Cal in the evening. *fingers crossed*

The winds are done, so we will have some 80's for the first part of the week, then back down into the chilly 70's. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back