Emmeline "The Hornet" portable headphone amp.
Nov 1, 2005 at 6:37 AM Post #631 of 802
paypal sent =)
i am post# 325 for the preorder and im ordering one accupower battery as well.

295- hornet
7- accupower batt.
10- paypal fee
10- shipping

if there is anyway i would like the serial code# 929, if not its ok

thnx for such fine products =)

Nov 1, 2005 at 11:33 AM Post #632 of 802
Ray,
20 bucks US sent via Paypal for Int. postage. I look forward to it's arrival
600smile.gif

Nov 1, 2005 at 12:16 PM Post #633 of 802
I've been reading this thread, mostly with anticipation of getting my amp. But to see the posts that Ray has been making, and realizing the humungous effort he, Grace, and others have been putting into this....it's really an incredible feat.

Thank you, Ray and family, for the excellent work, customer service, and great products. It's been said, but bears repeating!

Nov 1, 2005 at 3:11 PM Post #635 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Hello ladies & gentlemen, friends & headfiers...
I have good new & bad news, first the good news, The chassis are all in & gold screened on black anodized aluminum with brush finish.
My son Charles will post some of the pictures of the finished, production Hornet.
I hope you will like what you see. So far we have only the black anodized Hornets, & believe me I am happy to get something out of this chassis manufacturer. There is though a reason why I stuck with him all this time, because he does what I want with atmost care & his work is state of the art, but on the expence of promises that never are met & time that is never delivered.
Now the bad news, all the 500 custom manufactured knobs came with out the indicator. I had to send them over night delivery so he will install the cut that indicate where your volume knob is. Hopefully I should recieve them in the middle of the week.
I am hoping that the first 100 Hornets will ship at the end of this week. Please make sure to get in touch with me regarding the payment.
I do take pay-pal, you would pay the 3% pay-pal fee. You can use my e-mail address: rsaudio@raysamuelsaudio.com to transfer the money.
I will take all cashier checks & post office money orders if you want to save the pay-pal fee. I will also take your personal check & ship the Hornet amp after it clears. I have no means of taking credit cards.
I will post tonight the price of the batteries that I got good a deal on that would save you $1.00-$1.50 on the batteries that work very well with the Hornet, this way you don't have to order it & pay shipping, the battery will ship with the amp at the same time.
As to the shipping, All headfiers in the USA, no Hawaii/Alaska or Puerto Rico, will pay 10.00 shipping, which will include the insurance, tracking # & signature required, priority mail.
Please if you are sending your payment, do not ask for confirmation, as I do not have the time to answer all these e-mails, I might just respond, got it, thanks.
Thanks for your patience & understanding.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

You don't have to use paypal at all. You can also pay by money order or personal check.

Nov 1, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #638 of 802
No problem. Just read the message that I quoted from Ray and it gives the methods which he accepts.

Nov 1, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #639 of 802
I dropped out from this awhile back (have no need for a portable amp) but this is pretty exciting, can't wait to hear the impressions start to roll in within the next day or two.

Nov 1, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #640 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeau
I dropped out from this awhile back (have no need for a portable amp) but this is pretty exciting, can't wait to hear the impressions start to roll in within the next day or two.

heck, i cant wait to supply a few impressions in the next few days.

-james

Nov 2, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #642 of 802
Well, the Hornet has arrived! Came home for lunch, and it was behind the storm door (no signature!). Very small package, which i opened immediately.
tongue.gif

I won't listen to it till tonight, but i will remark that the production unit seems lighter than the prototype piece that was at the meets.
Happy Arrivals!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #643 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
Well, the Hornet has arrived! Came home for lunch, and it was behind the storm door (no signature!). Very small package, which i opened immediately.
tongue.gif

I won't listen to it till tonight, but i will remark that the production unit seems lighter than the prototype piece that was at the meets.
Happy Arrivals!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

How was it delivered? Postal Service, UPS, or Fedex?
BTW......congratulations!!.......and be sure to post impressions when you've listened for awhile.
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2005 at 6:54 PM Post #644 of 802
Ray,
Just sent my payment for 322.
thanks for building us great products.

Nov 2, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #645 of 802
USPS dropped off my priority mailed Hornet about fifteen minutes ago. Neatly packed in a royal blue drawstring sack and boxed with its transformer and the two additional batteries, the Hornet is a cute, fondle-able little jewel that exudes quality. Fit and finish both outstanding. Took a few minutes to dig up my Panasonic SL-CT580 PCDP and HD580s, but now we're cookin' to Steely Dan's "Aja". Right out of the box, the Hornet is making the SL-CT580 sound much better; greater frequency response, shimmering high detail, smooth non-strident mids, solid bass, and more clear detail than my Porta CORDA I (even with an external 24VDC power source). Can't wait until it's properly burned in; I'm gonna be lovin' this little amp for some time. Another HeadFi flyer that paid off.
600smile.gif

Thanks, Ray! Consider me your new fan-codger. This puppy is well worth your final price, and at your intro price, well, if you didn't get the intro price, maybe you don't want to know how sweeet this little amp is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back