Emmeline "The Hornet" portable headphone amp.
Nov 3, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #661 of 802
Yippee! Hornet #9046 arrived this evening.

Gee, it's much smaller than I could imagine looking at the pictures! Cool!

Listening to Alison Krauss, and wow, I'm sorry to have to say that folks, but... it sounds so much better than the SR-71 to my ears!
I didn't expect the sound could be that different and more than a notch better: I'd say it's warmer and so much more precise (I've listen to that song many times before, but I'm almost rediscovering it with so much details...)

Anyway, Ray, hats down... Thanks so much for that real masterpiece that you delivered. It was way worth the waiting.

600smile.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #662 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetlag
It's definitely not blue, I SWEAR!

rio_hornet.JPG

2 cool things, my entire rig (except the chargers) can fit inside my UE-10 Pro case, and the Hornet is smaller than my cellphone.

I did find a use for the pouch though...

hat_lu.jpg

hat_max.jpg

Of course, now I'm going to have to buy a coupla tiny go-carts!

miniature pinchers?

Nov 3, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #664 of 802
doesn't it look portable? ...

Nov 3, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #665 of 802
LOL, where is TubeRoller when you need him? I think Ray needs one of those "official butt kiss threads" like Todd has!
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #668 of 802
Nov 3, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #670 of 802
I so wish I could afford to get one of these right now. I had a chance to listen to one about a month ago, and it blew me away. At the time, Ray was experimenting with a silver casing, but I think I like the look of the black one a little better. The part of it that got my attention right away was the awesome looking power switch. I'm looking at my PA2V2 right now, and wishing it had a lighted switch, for the sex appeal alone. If it weren't for the fact that I am dead broke, I would buy one in a heart beat.

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #671 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by Potatoe1313
The part of it that got my attention right away was the awesome looking power switch. I'm looking at my PA2V2 right now, and wishing it had a lighted switch, for the sex appeal alone.

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #672 of 802
I've noticed the Hornet gets very warm when used with AC adapter. Is this normal and should I be worried? I'm going to be running it on with the AC for about a week to burn in the Hornet. I just don't want my amp to get damaged from overuse or possibly worse, catch on fire.

Nov 3, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #673 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by lal316l
I've noticed the Hornet gets very warm when used with AC adapter. Is this normal and should I be worried? I'm going to be running it on with the AC for about a week to burn in the Hornet. I just don't want my amp to get damaged from overuse or possibly worse, catch on fire.

You say VERY WARM ? Any battery when being charged feels warmer than regular battery, being in a closed little box it gives you the feel of being warmer than the room temprature, do not worry about that, the battery gets charged in both play mode or off mode. But I will never call it VERY warm.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Nov 3, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #674 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by lal316l

The Hornet does get warm to the touch, but not anywhere near warm enough that you'd need to worry about fire hazard with the amp. Even if an aluminum item is hot enough that you can only briefly touch it, it is highly unlikely that it could cause a fire. The Hornet isn't even the same ballpark.

Burn in at will, good sir.
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #675 of 802
Hi Ray,

Just sent you payment via PayPal for a Hornet at the intro price (I reserved one in this thread on post #18 and I am also in RnB180's list at #13), 1 Accupower battery, shipping, and Paypal fees.

I'm looking forward to hearing it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back