Emmeline "The Hornet" portable headphone amp.
Oct 31, 2005 at 9:21 PM Post #616 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Hi Ken....
All those who paid for the Hornet headphone amp via pay-pal or checks, until 11:00pm Chicago time, last night the 30th of October, I would like to say that your amps are on their way heading your direction. They are all insured, signature of confirmation is required as no amps will be left infront of the door,
you should get them 2-3 days from today. I felt very bad about the person who was doing all these Hornets, as he started at 10:00 AM & finished by 1:00 PM, to make him & 3 other co-workers happy, I bought them 2 large deep dish Edwardos pizzas. I left them with the big smile on their faces. Just to let you know, my wife, Grace, sat for two days, Saturday & Sunday, to write each address 4 times for every Hornet shipped. Her arm is hurting her now from that much writing. Yes there are tracking #s on all these Hornets, but there is no way I can sit & send each of these to every one, please forgive me for not having enough time to do that.
Ray Samuels

Hi Ray, we really appreciate your hard work! Just wondering, does the first 100 shipped include the orders outside U.S? If so, what international shipping option was used and how much do I owe you for shipping? Thanks!

Oct 31, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #617 of 802
Much appreciation for all of the effort that you, your wife, and your whole team have gone through to make all of us so very happy!

I'm giddy with anticipation.

Oct 31, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #618 of 802
mmm, edwardos. and i know exactly which one you ordered from in skokie. thanks for all the hard work, ray. looking forward to hearing it soon.

Oct 31, 2005 at 9:44 PM Post #619 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
Hi Ray, we really appreciate your hard work! Just wondering, does the first 100 shipped include the orders outside U.S? If so, what international shipping option was used and how much do I owe you for shipping? Thanks!

All the orders out of the USA will be shipped global priority with signature required, They have tracking # issued at the time of shipping. I was told by the post office clerck that it will cost between $ 16.00-$19.00 to ship every Hornet all around the World. So I went & send all those Hornets that were going to Singapore, Australia, Denmark, Canada, UK & Thailand.
I wanted to treat you all the same so you will also have your amp on time.
Now I would say to all those who are ordering out of the USA that it is safe to say that the shipping cost is 20,00 dollars with pay-pal fee included in it.
So if you are sending $ 20.00 dollars via pay-pal, please do not add pay-pal fee to it. It will make it.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Oct 31, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #620 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Hi Ken....
All those who paid for the Hornet headphone amp via pay-pal or checks, until 11:00pm Chicago time, last night the 30th of October, I would like to say that your amps are on their way heading your direction. They are all insured, signature of confirmation is required as no amps will be left infront of the door,
you should get them 2-3 days from today. I felt very bad about the person who was doing all these Hornets, as he started at 10:00 AM & finished by 1:00 PM, to make him & 3 other co-workers happy, I bought them 2 large deep dish Edwardos pizzas. I left them with the big smile on their faces. Just to let you know, my wife, Grace, sat for two days, Saturday & Sunday, to write each address 4 times for every Hornet shipped. Her arm is hurting her now from that much writing. Yes there are tracking #s on all these Hornets, but there is no way I can sit & send each of these to every one, please forgive me for not having enough time to do that.
Ray Samuels

Hello Ray,

thanks a lot to you and you wife and all these people who make this happen.

I totally understand that it's very time consuming, but on the practical side, since
"... They are all insured, signature of confirmation is required as no amps will be left infront of the door,..." , some of us will need to know when to be at our place
to receive the package and sign.

Am not worrying too much though, just wanted to bring that point to your attention...

Again, thanks a LOT !
600smile.gif

Oct 31, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #621 of 802
Ray, you are THE MAN! Thanks so much, and please pass on my/our sincere gratitude to your lovely wife for sacrificing her writing hand!
etysmile.gif

<Sets up campsite in company's receiving dept., drives employees crazy by asking "did I get a package?" every 15 minutes...>

Oct 31, 2005 at 10:18 PM Post #622 of 802
Putting my brain in gear and based on your good reputation I concluded that you had probably sent the hornets to the international buyers before charging the postage.

I've sent you Paypal for the psotage and trust the others are prompt in paying too.

Steve

Oct 31, 2005 at 11:14 PM Post #624 of 802
Thanks Ray for taking this effort. It would be great to get hornet.

I have a question. Is it possible to use hornet in a laptop. I had Echo Indigo sound card but it got bent when I dropped my laptop. So what's least investment I can make to enjoy hornet on my Dell Inspiron 600m.

Nov 1, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #625 of 802
If I am reading things correctly, it would appear that all of this production run is in gold silkscreen on black. Is that going to be the only color combination available during the introductory price offer? If another color combination is going to be available, how do you want to handle the payment--since you are indicating that payment is due within 14 days?
confused.gif

Nov 1, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #626 of 802
I was just talking with Ray, and the subject of 'reserved' Hornet serial #'s came up. Ray had every intention of at least trying to honor requests for specific #'s. What has happened though is that a large percentage of the people who made those requests haven't paid yet. This puts Ray in a difficult position. The amps he has built are all sequentially serialized, and everyone who has paid is clamoring for their amp. In order to fulfill a special S/N request, he would have to literally take an amp out of the supply line, deprive a confirmed buyer of product, and in effect, build up inventory, all in the hopes that the original S/N requestor decides to pay for his amp. I for one am perfectly happy to get whatever number mine ends up being, and appreciate the fact that it got to me in a timely fashion.

Not sticking up for Ray here or anything. It just seems that fair is fair.

[puts on Nomex suit...
icon10.gif
]

Nov 1, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #627 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
I was just talking with Ray, and the subject of 'reserved' Hornet serial #'s came up. Ray had every intention of at least trying to honor requests for specific #'s. What has happened though is that a large percentage of the people who made those requests haven't paid yet. This puts Ray in a difficult position. The amps he has built are all sequentially serialized, and everyone who has paid is clamoring for their amp. In order to fulfill a special S/N request, he would have to literally take an amp out of the supply line, deprive a confirmed buyer of product, and in effect, build up inventory, all in the hopes that the original S/N requestor decides to pay for his amp. I for one am perfectly happy to get whatever number mine ends up being, and appreciate the fact that it got to me in a timely fashion.

Not sticking up for Ray here or anything. It just seems that fair is fair.

[puts on Nomex suit...
icon10.gif
]

Absolutely concur. Who wants to sweat the small stuff?

Nov 1, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #628 of 802
Ray, thanks to you and Grace for all the hard work. I hate writing out the addresses on 2 or 3 packages so I can only imagine what Grace felt like after 100. Can't wait for the Hornet to arrive.

Nov 1, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #630 of 802
Ray,
My Hornet and two batteries payment has been sent via personal check by U.S. Mail.
My Pre-order post was #156 (#86 on pre-order list)

Total as follows:
Pre-Order Hornet: $295.00
(2) Accupower Batteries: $13.60
Shipping (U.S.): $10.00
Total: $318.60

Thanks for your hard work!
Curtis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back