Elysian Acoustic Labs “X” Flagship IEM Discussion Thread
Nov 2, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #226 of 656
If you want bass and treble clarity with summit-fi technicalities, then yup just go with X and don’t look back. :)
I love Odin, but also recently got the X and find it also excellent, so I agree with this recommendation if you feel like you have trouble loving Odin. X might be up your alley because it does treble extremely well yet not as sharp around the edges treble wise as Odin. (Not a diss on Odin, I love Odin, still my favorite IEM).

If X is still beyond price range, another great treble clarity iem I also recommend is Craftears Aurum. it's half the price, and also excellent!

Nov 7, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #227 of 656
This weekend, I asked 3 persons that are not used to such audio gear to try:
-Trailli with Liquid Links Venom cable
-X with the Venom cable
-Evo with Centurion cable
They don't know the characteristics or price of the items.

The X came up first for them on most songs.
Then it is not significant enough between the Trailli and the Evo for which one is better.
Somehow, 2 of them the Trailli as having too much Bass, I did not expect that.

Nov 7, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #228 of 656
-X with the Venom cable

Then it is not significant enough between the Trailli and the Evo for which one is better.
It must've meant the X did something right to their ears that based solely from first grasp of their instincts to make them want to pick it over the Evo and the Bird.

Man, the more I hear about it, the more I want to give it a listen...

Nov 7, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #229 of 656
-X with the Venom cable

Not that surprised, X is amazing :)

Best IEM I’ve heard.

Nov 7, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #231 of 656
Nov 8, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #232 of 656
i enjoyed demoing the x...definitely a true totl iem.

lots of respect to the individual building all these little guys.

Nov 8, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #233 of 656
Lol… It’s been ranked #1 on my list for a while now 🤭
You might get driven out from some thread soon, take care! :wink:

Nov 8, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #234 of 656
-X with the Venom cable

A sample size of 3 people doesn't tell you much. They could just as easily all prefer the Sony WF-1000XM4 over any of those choices.

Nov 8, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #235 of 656
It does tell you that those 3 particular people preferred x.

:smile:

Nov 8, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #236 of 656
-X with the Venom cable

Yeah not too surprised either. Non-audiophiles usually are bombarded with v-shaped IEMs/headphones that go for dynamic presentations.

Although X is extremely technical, you’re gonna get a tasty bassline, huge staging and a lot of energy up top with overall punchy notes. My brother who’s got solid ears and at least has heard the best of Campfire Audio [Solaris, Andromeda] and the likes of OGLX, found Traillii boring, too laid-back. On the other hand, he loved EVO.

I have another week to listen to X and decide if it’ll stay in my arsenal. I’ve notoriously stuck by the notion that I am not a fan of V-shapes, but X is so technical that it really makes a strong case, especially for all my electronic genres. Damn this hobby.

Nov 8, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #237 of 656
Nov 8, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #238 of 656
Yeah not too surprised either. Non-audiophiles usually are bombarded with v-shaped IEMs/headphones that go for dynamic presentations.

Although X is extremely technical, you’re gonna get a tasty bassline, huge staging and a lot of energy up top with overall punchy notes. My brother who’s got solid ears and at least has heard the best of Campfire Audio [Solaris, Andromeda] and the likes of OGLX, found Traillii boring, too laid-back. On the other hand, he loved EVO.

I have another week to listen to X and decide if it’ll stay in my arsenal. I’ve notoriously stuck by the notion that I am not a fan of V-shapes, but X is so technical that it really makes a strong case, especially for all my electronic genres. Damn this hobby.
Yeah exactly…X doesn’t beat bird or erlky for me, but it’s more a product of my taste and library vs the x’s capabilities.

X is only the third iem I’ve heard that I feel achieves the absolute highest levels of technicalities and cohesion with virtually no flaws.

If your library is mainly edm, x is hard to beat, no doubt.

Nov 8, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #239 of 656
Yeah exactly…X doesn’t beat bird or erlky for me, but it’s more a product of my taste and library vs the x’s capabilities.

X is only the third iem I’ve heard that I feel achieves the absolute highest levels of technicalities and cohesion with virtually no flaws.

If your library is mainly edm, x is hard to beat, no doubt.
What genre of music do you think it excels vs not?

I don't listen to EDM at all. I thought the X would be great for Classical and Jazz given its superior treble.

Nov 8, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #240 of 656
For me the X and Evo comparisons are a bit redundant. They have different sounds, I feel they’re only really compared because they’re both flagship DD bass IEMs. The Evo sounds more natural to me and has a superior bass and lower mid range, the X I hear as a bit more artificial with a superior upper mid range and treble presentation. I also consider X to be better technically. Both IEMs have their faults, but for most of my library the X’s “flaws” aren’t really a problem to me and it’s less of a trade off versus how I heard Evo. I also feel X pulls off it’s intended tuning better than Evo does, to me Evo elevated upper mid range way too high and the quality of it is average at best, as well as treble. While the X lower mid range may not have the most weight to its vocals or instruments, it doesn’t sound “bad” whatsoever and remains very cohesive within the signature. If I’m going for electronic music I think the X is untouchable, as well as Annihilator. If I wanted to listen to some of my favorite rock bands I’d go Evo if I had to, I’d take 12t over both of them for that genre though. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back