Elysian Acoustic Labs “X” Flagship IEM Discussion Thread
Oct 24, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #196 of 656
Very promising.

Also unrelated note, why is the SP2000T costing less than the SP2000? Is there some reason behind it or is the SP2000T just a side unit not meant to replace their flagship? :thinking:

Also, how does the X compare to the almighty (and eye-wateringly expensive) Triallii?

No idea, it is a side offering rather than a replacement I guess.

The X is a bit more of an aggressive listen compared to the Traillii, Traillii is very laid back and natural sounding. X has elevated sub bass, upper mids, and treble in comparison. They would make good complimentary IEMs.

Oct 24, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #197 of 656
No idea, it is a side offering rather than a replacement I guess.

The X is a bit more of an aggressive listen compared to the Traillii, Traillii is very laid back and natural sounding. X has elevated sub bass, upper mids, and treble in comparison. They would make good complimentary IEMs.
That makes sense, since if it is a replacement it'll be a different number, naturally. :ksc75smile:

It sounds like that Traillii might be what I like when I want to listen to slow and relaxing instruments/vocals or breathtaking (not stupid high bpm type) genre.

Whereas X will be more suitable for the heavier (power metal or heavy metal) energetic or elevating stuffs.

Oct 24, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #198 of 656
That makes sense, since if it is a replacement it'll be a different number, naturally. :ksc75smile:

It sounds like that Traillii might be what I like when I want to listen to slow and relaxing instruments/vocals or breathtaking (not stupid high bpm type) genre.

Whereas X will be more suitable for the heavier (power metal or heavy metal) energetic or elevating stuffs.

They both work very well amongst different genres.

Oct 24, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #199 of 656
They both work very well amongst different genres.
That's great to hear too.

TBH I am one of those guys who think I should at least bring 2 pairs of IEMs that has different sounds and use them depending on mood or something.

Traillii and X seems to be like the perfect contrast of the same level IEMs :darthsmile:

Fingers crossed I'll have my chance this week for the X (since Mr Lee doesn't live too far away from where I stayed), but I do wish there's a way to give the Traillii a listen.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #200 of 656
Hi All, I'm new to the IEM world having mainly used (and continue to use) full-sized headphones. I haven't had the chance to demo the X but would it be a good complementary IEM to the Empire Ears Odin? I have the Odin CIEM and hoping to pair it with something that has good heart thumping bass (without sacrificing clarity) at the flagship level. Thanks!

Oct 25, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #201 of 656
Hi All, I'm new to the IEM world having mainly used (and continue to use) full-sized headphones. I haven't had the chance to demo the X but would it be a good complementary IEM to the Empire Ears Odin? I have the Odin CIEM and hoping to pair it with something that has good heart thumping bass (without sacrificing clarity) at the flagship level. Thanks!
Pretty sure @Damz87 sold his Odin as X may have officially killed it for him. Both seem upper-mid and subbass focused so might be more of a direct upgrade/competitor than a compliment.

Meanwhile, I should be receiving an X demo on Thursday/Friday-looking forward to comparing directly to the EVO and seeing which will survive!😎

Oct 25, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #202 of 656
Pretty sure @Damz87 sold his Odin as X may have officially killed it for him. Both seem upper-mid and subbass focused so might be more of a direct upgrade/competitor than a compliment.

Meanwhile, I should be receiving an X demo on Thursday/Friday-looking forward to comparing directly to the EVO and seeing which will survive!😎
Not able to judge the sound quality aside I always love the Odin's faceplate...it just looks so unique.

All the best on the comparison to EVO.

I've heard a lot of buzz surrounding that IEM too but like most of the EE new stuffs, I have no means to audition them so I cannot really write an impression even if I want to.

Oct 25, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #203 of 656

Thanks! Looking forward to reading your views!

Just found out that the X is only available in Universal fit, was hoping to get another custom and not have to deal with ear tips and fitting....

Oct 25, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #204 of 656

Yep, X basically killed Odin out of my collection. With that said though, they are different enough to coexist in ones lineup and Odin may be the preferred signature for those that like more forward upper mids and a little more mid bass punch. Odin’s bass is overall lower in quantity compared to X. Technicalities are strong on both of them but X has a larger stage, while Odin sounds a little more detailed to my ears.

Oct 25, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #205 of 656
Yep, X basically killed Odin out of my collection. With that said though, they are different enough to coexist in ones lineup and Odin may be the preferred signature for those that like more forward upper mids and a little more mid bass punch. Odin’s bass is overall lower in quantity compared to X. Technicalities are strong on both of them but X has a larger stage, while Odin sounds a little more detailed to my ears.
So basically the X is a soundstage beast with a lot of resolution, correct?

Oct 25, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #206 of 656
So basically the X is a soundstage beast with a lot of resolution, correct?
Yeah the stage (particularly height) is massive, with incredible extension on both ends and loads of detail. :)

Oct 25, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #207 of 656
Yeah the stage (particularly height) is massive, with incredible extension on both ends and loads of detail. :)
Damn, sounds like my kind of IEM.

Really hope I get to have a chance to give it a listen eventually.

Oct 26, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #208 of 656
Also, the X is really more comfortable than the Odin. Both for the fit and the listening experience.
I literally spent 12 hours on a plane listening to the X without feeling like it was time to stop. Odin, I would have trouble past 30min. (I cannot stress enough that it is a personal experience, not a rule)

Oct 26, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #209 of 656
Also, the X is really more comfortable than the Odin. Both for the fit and the listening experience.
I literally spent 12 hours on a plane listening to the X without feeling like it was time to stop. Odin, I would have trouble past 30min. (I cannot stress enough that it is a personal experience, not a rule)
Is it just the fit or the weight? Is the Odin heavy as a whole?

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #210 of 656
So funnily the Odin is my most comfortable IEM! But as a listening experience I find Odin fatiguing - both with upper mids and mid bass slam. Like @Damz87 I find bass quantity to be a little light, especially with House and Techno, though it works within it's own signature. Special IEM and cannot wait to compare to X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back