Elysian Acoustic Labs “X” Flagship IEM Discussion Thread
Oct 26, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #211 of 656
So funnily the Odin is my most comfortable IEM! But as a listening experience I find Odin fatiguing - both with upper mids and mid bass slam. Like @Damz87 I find bass quantity to be a little light, especially with House and Techno, though it works within it's own signature. Special IEM and cannot wait to compare to X.
By fatiguing, do you mean it's bright and intense on the treble side?

Oct 26, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #214 of 656
Interesting.

I presume the treble is at least great?
Odin's weird - nothing particularly wrong with the treble, but it isn't exciting for me. I find Z1R and Traillii more satisfying. One reason I'm so keen to get my hands on the X as it has the potential to be the best of the lot

Oct 26, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #215 of 656
Odin's weird - nothing particularly wrong with the treble, but it isn't exciting for me. I find Z1R and Traillii more satisfying. One reason I'm so keen to get my hands on the X as it has the potential to be the best of the lot
Huh, intriguing.

Sounds like Odin is one of those "does nothing wrong but doesn't do anything beyond it either" type of 'safe' sound?

Though I can only base things from what's been written for now since I have no real means to get my hands on Odin beyond blind buy which is not something I would do.

And the only former link that used to let me have a taste of the EE x EA Arthur -- Kozato from Music Sanctuary, has vanished to who knows where in obscurity (even his account's gone it seems). So I am outta luck for the time being. I've tried reaching out for Jack Vang but no such luck either.

Oct 26, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #218 of 656
Huh, intriguing.

Sounds like Odin is one of those "does nothing wrong but doesn't do anything beyond it either" type of 'safe' sound?

Though I can only base things from what's been written for now since I have no real means to get my hands on Odin beyond blind buy which is not something I would do.

And the only former link that used to let me have a taste of the EE x EA Arthur -- Kozato from Music Sanctuary, has vanished to who knows where in obscurity (even his account's gone it seems). So I am outta luck for the time being. I've tried reaching out for Jack Vang but no such luck either.
I wouldn’t say Odin is safe at all - the elevated upper mids mean it can’t be! Ignore dissecting and taken as a whole, Odin is a satisfying listen and very much a TOTL tuning. It simply has some caveats and why it’s one of a few IEMs I have 🙂.

Second hand value wise, Odin is a good 40% cheaper than the X is new! X should be special for the price!!!

Oct 26, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #219 of 656
I wouldn’t say Odin is safe at all - the elevated upper mids mean it can’t be! Ignore dissecting and taken as a whole, Odin is a satisfying listen and very much a TOTL tuning. It simply has some caveats and why it’s one of a few IEMs I have 🙂.

Second hand value wise, Odin is a good 40% cheaper than the X is new! X should be special for the price!!!
Interesting. Despite the caveats I still want to give at least Odin a chance since my first CIEM was from EE after all.

Sometimes I too, just want to put aside critical hearing and just enjoy the music. So I kinda get what you mean.

And honestly I don't mind universal either since that only means I can share it to some colleagues that are morbidly curious of what I'm using for music :ksc75smile:

And second hand value, well...if only someone is willing to ship it to Malaysia...

Oct 26, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #220 of 656
Interesting. Despite the caveats I still want to give at least Odin a chance since my first CIEM was from EE after all.

Sometimes I too, just want to put aside critical hearing and just enjoy the music. So I kinda get what you mean.

And honestly I don't mind universal either since that only means I can share it to some colleagues that are morbidly curious of what I'm using for music :ksc75smile:

And second hand value, well...if only someone is willing to ship it to Malaysia...
I’m from SG and may be able to help you get in touch with a local audio dealer. He’s reliable and trustworthy and resourceful. I bought a number of items from him, both new and pre-loved. Pls pm me if you want to chat more.

Oct 26, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #221 of 656
I’m from SG and may be able to help you get in touch with a local audio dealer. He’s reliable and trustworthy and resourceful. I bought a number of items from him, both new and pre-loved. Pls pm me if you want to chat more.
Ok, expect a PM soon :)

Oct 31, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #222 of 656
FullSizeRender 13.jpgFullSizeRender 14.jpg

I am fortunate enough to get a chance to spend some time with the X courtesy of @Calfredo826, and gotta say, these are the real deal. The extension and ultra-clarity of the lower and upper treble without ever being harsh or fatiguing is truly special (especially since I tend to have a lower treble sensitivity). The soundstage is huge across all axes, especially with height which creates an immersive, dynamic world. Imaging is great, especially with notes that like to sweep from left-to-right.

Speaking of dynamics, the way synth and other instrument notes are portrayed is impressive and punchy. If your genre/track/artist wants a dynamic presentation, well then X Gon' Give it to Ya (RIP). Pairing X with the SP2000 (the midrange master IMO) seems to actually bring the X closer to a W-shape than the V-shape tuning it seems to be going for. I don't consider the notes thin, nor the timbre particularly off. Sure, it's not as accurate as the Traillii, but nothing outside of Supreme is. My personal take on this balance is the more dynamic the notes, the less low-level detail you get, a trade-off that comes down to preferences. A flatter transient presentation for instruments will help you hear every pluck or key down to the millimeter, but with enhanced dynamics, it'll naturally detract you from that low-level detail.

Bass is great; visceral, meaty subbass with what I'd consider just slightly above average midbass. There is more midbass than the Odin from memory, or at least warmth in the region. There is good speed for the Dynamic Driver which is supported by the vast staging.

These are all early impressions and I'll spend more time A/B'ing versus the EVO (which is the still the bass king), and perhaps a bit the Traillii although they are pretty different IEMs overall with different intended audiences. Should be fun to see what happens between X and EVO in the next couple of weeks :sob:.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 15.jpg
    FullSizeRender 15.jpg
    916 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #223 of 656
Having love and hate deal with Odin due to occasional treble peak, which I tend to manage using the EQ. It is an IEM hard to let go because it pumps so much air and vibration into music although it has obvious flaw. The bass is just amazing with centurion on the loop. Now, I want to find an alternative with stimulating DD bass hit and clarity on top. Do not want the excessive bass quantity like in LX or perhaps EVO? Just the enough bass to feel the real natural lower impact. I am seriously considering X if it's the right IEM for me to try out.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #224 of 656
Having love and hate deal with Odin due to occasional treble peak, which I tend to manage using the EQ. It is an IEM hard to let go because it pumps so much air and vibration into music although it has obvious flaw. The bass is just amazing with centurion on the loop. Now, I want to find an alternative with stimulating DD bass hit and clarity on top. Do not want the excessive bass quantity like in LX or perhaps EVO? Just the enough bass to feel the real natural lower impact. I am seriously considering X if it's the right IEM for me to try out.
If you want bass and treble clarity with summit-fi technicalities, then yup just go with X and don’t look back. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back