Effect Audio cables thread
Mar 22, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #6,766 of 8,006
Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Mar 22, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #6,767 of 8,006
🙂

20230104_210312-01.jpeg

Mar 23, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #6,768 of 8,006
Cadmus 8W in tha house...
20230323_164103.jpg

This weekend I will also certainly do some A-B testing with the 4W version :)

Mar 23, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #6,770 of 8,006
I'm liking these EA ConX connectors that came with my Ares S cables. So I converted two of my cables with the ConX connectors as well.

DSC_3852~2.JPGDSC_4062~2.JPG
The best innovation since sliced bread. 😊

Mar 23, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #6,771 of 8,006
I'm liking these EA ConX connectors that came with my Ares S cables. So I converted two of my cables with the ConX connectors as well.

I completely agree. I have just inserted a ConX 2 pin termination into each of my 2 Pin IEMs and now instead of pulling cables in and out of the holes and risking widening the holes - I just screw the cable on the the IEM I wat to use it with. It's worth picking up a few extra pieces of the terminations for sake of longevity of the IEM connectors.

Mar 23, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #6,772 of 8,006
Cadmus 8W in tha house...
20230323_164103.jpg

This weekend I will also certainly do some A-B testing with the 4W version :)
Cant wait to hear what you have to say. I love my 4 Core version. And just received my Ares S 8W and all I can say is WOW.

Mar 23, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #6,773 of 8,006
Ares S 8W In The House
This stunning cable arrived early this morning and I couldn't be happier. I run a daily live podcast and as luck would have it, this beauty showed up literally 5 minutes after I ended the meeting so I've had the pleasure of using it all day. Like many in this hobby I have been buying, selling and trading my way around chasing the elusive. This journey has had me through pretty every kind of tech, custom and universal until I landed on the UM MEST Indigo. For me, this IEM ticks every box - almost. I am a bass head, a treble head and a mid head. Maybe I'm just a head - I dont know. Anyway, to get to Indigo I traded out my MEXT which I adored for it's deep rich layers of bass and frankly what I believed to very good mids and even treble response, albeit a little rolled off. When I got my hands on the Indigo it was instant love, superior in every way to the MEXT and for a $1500 difference it better be but the trade off for me was the bass; MEXT had it in spades with no bloat or bleed. In months that have followed I've tried every cable in my arsenal to see if I could lift the bass a little and the only one that could do it was the CODE 23, it's just too much cable for these light little jewels.

Well, this morning the Ares S 8 arrived. MEXT meet Indigo! This EA offering elevates the lower end with a lift in the sub-bass without any bloat in fact I can only describe it like this: It increases the layering and definition and widens it - not quite the "wall of sound" I used to describe Code 23, but man, it's an instant and evident shift. The mids remain lush, just "lusher" and all the sparkle and detail remain up top. This cable on this IEM is absolutely stunning and although The Indigo comes with a premium PW cable, the Ares S 8 W takes it up several notches and I can say it's totally worth it's asking price IMHO. For those of you concerned about the girth, its 8 core but it is incredibly flexible and comfortable.

With the Ares S 8 paired to the Indigo I've got everything I wanted now. I did have a good long session with the Penon Impact as I was considering it as an option but I found the signatures to be quite similar to the Indie with the Impact's mids (vocals in particular) more forward. This cable doesn't bring the vocals more forward in the staging, it just somehow fattens them up without the fat! I'm really done looking for my perfect pairing now. Thank You EA!

Attachments

• IMG_20230323_121838.jpg
    IMG_20230323_121838.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230323_122238.jpg
    IMG_20230323_122238.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #6,774 of 8,006
Ares S 8W In The House
This stunning cable arrived early this morning and I couldn't be happier. I run a daily live podcast and as luck would have it, this beauty showed up literally 5 minutes after I ended the meeting so I've had the pleasure of using it all day. Like many in this hobby I have been buying, selling and trading my way around chasing the elusive. This journey has had me through pretty every kind of tech, custom and universal until I landed on the UM MEST Indigo. For me, this IEM ticks every box - almost. I am a bass head, a treble head and a mid head. Maybe I'm just a head - I dont know. Anyway, to get to Indigo I traded out my MEXT which I adored for it's deep rich layers of bass and frankly what I believed to very good mids and even treble response, albeit a little rolled off. When I got my hands on the Indigo it was instant love, superior in every way to the MEXT and for a $1500 difference it better be but the trade off for me was the bass; MEXT had it in spades with no bloat or bleed. In months that have followed I've tried every cable in my arsenal to see if I could lift the bass a little and the only one that could do it was the CODE 23, it's just too much cable for these light little jewels.

Well, this morning the Ares S 8 arrived. MEXT meet Indigo! This EA offering elevates the lower end with a lift in the sub-bass without any bloat in fact I can only describe it like this: It increases the layering and definition and widens it - not quite the "wall of sound" I used to describe Code 23, but man, it's an instant evident shift. The mids remain lush, just "lusher" and all the sparkle and detail remain up top. This cable on this IEM is absolutely stunning and although The Indigo comes with a premium PW cable, the Ares S 8 W takes it up several notches and I can say it's totally worth it's asking price IMHO. For those of you concerned about the girth, its 8 core but it is incredibly flexible and comfortable.

With the Ares S 8 paired to the Indigo I've got everything I wanted now. I did have a good long session with the Penon Impact as I was considering it as an option but I found the signatures to be quite similar the Impact's mids (vocals in particular) were more forward. This cable doesn't bring the vocals more forward in the staging, it just somehow fattens them up without the fat! I'm really done looking for my perfect pairing now. Thank You EA!
Funny you should mention the Impacts given I just ordered an Ares S 8 wire for mine. I'm currently using an Ares S 4 wire with them and am quite happy with the pairing, but like any good audiophile of course yearn for more.

It'll be fun comparing the 4 wire with the 8 wire. One constant throughout my years in the hobby has been a continual appreciation for Effect Audio's work.

Mar 23, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #6,775 of 8,006
Funny you should mention the Impacts given I just ordered an Ares S 8 wire for mine. I'm currently using an Ares S 4 wire with them and am quite happy with the pairing, but like any good audiophile of course yearn for more.

It'll be fun comparing the 4 wire with the 8 wire. One constant throughout my years in the hobby has been a continual appreciation for Effect Audio's work.
I'll look forward to how you perceive the differences btwn the 4 and 8. Like I said, the impact and Indigo were quite similar. I was amazed at that BA bass. Keep us posted

Mar 25, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #6,776 of 8,006
You person! (joking! :p)

After the last couple posts and your reminder to get Code 23 on LX again, I did it today and decided to do a Scubi and hold on to my LX.

This pairing is amazing. "David Bowe - Space Oddity" first 1:15 sounds so open/spacious while the music is ramping up. The separation of guitar on one side, drums on the other, bass on a step back but with palpable details. while all that is happening you still have David's voices on each side. the details are present in each layer of the song and never overcoming the low end or being spicy in the upper end.

Code 23 is not the most ergonomic cable, but when it finds its pairing it does in a beautiful way. In this case it made me almost emotional about the enjoyment it brought that made me relax and fly away with the music. (honestly rare feeling these days)
A little bit later than expected I have now listened to David Bowie’s Space Oddity using LX + Code 23 + SP3000. You are right, this track sounds amazing with this set up. There is so much separation on the stage and you can hone in on the different elements of the song.

Here’s another song to try. It’s called ‘Losing Things’ by The Beautiful South from their album Quench. There is so much going on from the left, right, up, down, and also right in front of you.

1679770790577.jpeg

Mar 25, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #6,777 of 8,006
56DC6CAE-CC3F-4D16-8AE0-519735FF9427.jpeg

I find the aggressively molded earhooks & stiffness of the Code 23 cable actually helps keep the large (for my smallish ears) Rhapsodio Infinity Mk2 in my ears; fit has always been an issue for me with these large IEMs, but with this pairing I’m just able to enjoy.

Mar 25, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #6,778 of 8,006
Ares S 8W In The House

Well, this morning the Ares S 8 arrived. MEXT meet Indigo! This EA offering elevates the lower end with a lift in the sub-bass without any bloat in fact I can only describe it like this: It increases the layering and definition and widens it - not quite the "wall of sound" I used to describe Code 23, but man, it's an instant evident shift. The mids remain lush, just "lusher" and all the sparkle and detail remain up top. This cable on this IEM is absolutely stunning and although The Indigo comes with a premium PW cable, the Ares S 8 W takes it up several notches and I can say it's totally worth it's asking price IMHO. For those of you concerned about the girth, its 8 core but it is incredibly flexible and comfortable.

With the Ares S 8 paired to the Indigo I've got everything I wanted now. I did have a good long session with the Penon Impact as I was considering it as an option but I found the signatures to be quite similar the Impact's mids (vocals in particular) were more forward. This cable doesn't bring the vocals more forward in the staging, it just somehow fattens them up without the fat! I'm really done looking for my perfect pairing now. Thank You EA!
Hi, didn’t realize you have the code 23 love to hear your thoughts on it with the Indigo.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #6,779 of 8,006
Over the past few weeks my main listening was done with full-size headphones (especially 2 Grados) on an AK ACRO CA1000.
But the new Cadmus 8 wire managed to seduce me to get back to some serious IEM listening...

20230323_160832.jpg

First impressions of this imo beautiful looking cable, is that ergonomics are very good for an 8 wire. I've had a few 8 wire cables in the past and sold them all eventually, mainly because of their ergonomics. This one is still very flexible though and the part at the earhooks has such a tight braid that there's not that much difference in thickness and comfort with the 4 wire cables that I have. So ergonomics wise this is by far my favorite 8 wire cable untill now!

Now, what about the sound?
20230326_144851.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't have as much time (sometimes a thing called life gets in the way) as I hoped for to test it. I guess only about 1-2 hours so far.
But I can already say that the Cadmus 8w has a big and bold sound, with very impessive lows and soundstage. Details are also still there, so the main ingrediënts to enjoy my music are surely there to start with. Later on this week (when I hopefully have more time) I will also try to do some A-B testing with the 4 wire version of the Cadmus.

Cheers and happy listening to all of you :)
And to the ones that are privileged to be at CanJam SG this weekend: enjoy the show over there!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back