Edmonton Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #61 of 109
How about we say Sunday, June 4th from noon-4pm. I'll look into room bookings at the U of A. We can also see if there is another spot we could use that has tables and chairs somewhere in the city.

Best,
Mischa

Mischa

Way back in 2009 there was an Edmonton meet hosted by Bryan (the owner) at Gramophone (Head-Fi link is here). I know Bryan, and could approach him to see if he'd be interested in hosting another one. Just a thought....although I'm curious about the logistics of holding it in the store as how did they handle bringing in tables, chairs etc?

It would also be interesting to see how many of the Head-Fi'ers that attended/posted in that thread are still active and would be interested in attending our meet.

Dave

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #62 of 109
It would be great if you could contact Bryan to have it at the Gramaphone. It would potentially be a better spot, and hopefully free so we don't have to rent a room somewhere.

Apr 23, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #63 of 109
Not to try to derail your current meet-up, but I will be in Edmonton (from Calgary) July 6-11th.  I am new to the hobby, and only have a pair of HD6XX, but I would love to do a meet-up then if possible!

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #64 of 109
Mischa

Way back in 2009 there was an Edmonton meet hosted by Bryan (the owner) at Gramophone (Head-Fi link is here). I know Bryan, and could approach him to see if he'd be interested in hosting another one. Just a thought....although I'm curious about the logistics of holding it in the store as how did they handle bringing in tables, chairs etc?

It would also be interesting to see how many of the Head-Fi'ers that attended/posted in that thread are still active and would be interested in attending our meet.

Dave

Hey Dave,

Any word back from Bryan on whether Gramaphone works for June 4th for hosting the Head-Fi meet?

Cheers,
Mischa

May 2, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #65 of 109
Hey Dave,

Any word back from Bryan on whether Gramaphone works for June 4th for hosting the Head-Fi meet?

Cheers,
Mischa

Sorry Mischa....been away and with the new forum format I've been a bit lazy checking my subscription postings.

I visited with Bryan and to be honest, I don't think it's going to work out holding it at the Gramophone. We need to explore other options.

Dave

May 17, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #68 of 109
Hey all,

Just popping in to say that I am down as heck for a head-fi meet. It would be my first. I'd really hope to make it as I work out of town for two of every three weeks. I'll be subscribing to this thread and hope to make it!

This is what I'd bring,
- Bose QC25
- Oppo PM-3
- Oppo HA-2SE
- Audeze EL-8 open back
- Noble Audio Katana (if it arrives in the mail before the meet)
- Apogee Duet (the new Mac version, to USB 2.0)
note: this EL-8 was inspected later than January 2017 (that was the date on the first pair I bought which had to be replaced immediately due to manufacture defect). The new credit card sized certificate of authenticity included in the new pair does not have a date.
:)

Ah just scrolled up and saw the date June 4th, which I can't make as I will have just flown out back to work. You will be missed! But alas, I need money for all this audio gear. :wink:

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #69 of 109
Hey everyone, I wasn't able to book a room at the University in time, so we'll either have to push back the date of this meet or find another location in the city where we can have this. Anyone have ideas of a place that can be used for a small meet?

May 26, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #70 of 109
OK, I went to a local hotel here in Sherwood Park and they have a nice room available for any Sunday afternoon in June (either the 4th, 11th, 18th or 25th). The rental for the afternoon (noon 'till 6pm) is peanuts really, so I'll pick up the tab for that, no worries. They will even throw in coffee/tea/water as part of the booking.

So, everyone get back to me with a consensus which Sunday afternoon you'd like to get together and I'll book the room for the meetup.

May 26, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #72 of 109
I should also state that we're not strictly limited to booking a room in June. If you all think pushing it back until sometime in July is better then that can also be accommodated.

May 26, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #73 of 109
4th still works best for me for June. However, what about a meet in July sometime if we can book the room for the same cheap rate? This would give people more time to plan to attend (would also give us the chance to msg more people).

*edit* Dave beat me to the punch and posted before I finished my message. July for me would probably work better at this point.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #74 of 109
OK, so..... let's say Sunday, July 9th (the weekend *after* the July long weekend). How does that sound? If it's good for everyone, I'll inquire to see if that date is free (I believe it is) and book the room.

EDIT: The quicker we can settle on a date the quicker we can get a meet-up announcement page going and we can start to drum up interest in attendance.

Last edited:
May 31, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #75 of 109
C'mon guys....we're gonna have to settle on a definitive date so I can go ahead and book the room and we can start promoting the meet. Please chime in with when in July works for everyone so we can reach some kind of consensus.

@swich401 , @pav13 , @mattcalgary , @slankoe , @Malfunkt , @Phillay .... Care to suggest a date in July?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back