Edmonton Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #31 of 109
Cool i started a separate post claiming the date as official. I got some toys our store doesnt carry either i will have there.

Centrance HIFI M8
Vmoda M100

Yep, March 1st works good for me.

I've upgraded my gear again since my previous posting in this thread. I'll be bringing:

Headphones:
- Sennheiser HD800's w/ Anaxilus mod
- HifiMan RE-400 In-ear

DACs:
- Anedio D2 DAC/AMP

AMP:
- Anedio D2 DAC/AMP
- Bottlehead Crack w/ speedball and warm tubes (Mullard 12AU7 input)

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #34 of 109
Awesome spread the word. I would like to have as many people participate. I have even invited another audiophile shop in tiwn to bring some high end headphones for people to listen to.

Feb 18, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #35 of 109
Cancelling Head-fi meet. I believe a few people think it is a conflict of interest for a store to be hosting this. So i am going to bow out of this. Sorry guys who wanted to come. Also we have only 4 people comitted to the event including me.

Thanks

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #36 of 109
Anyone in Edmonton interested in trying out this stack?

Anedio D2 DAC --> Bottlehead Mainline --> Balanced cabled Sennheiser HD800

I'm personally looking to try out the HD600, HD650, any of the Audeze headphones, and other headphones (Oppo PM-1, Beyerdynamic headphones, etc.). Let me know what you have, we can set up a meet (even if just a couple people). I can book a room in one of the buildings at the University of Alberta that we can set up in.

I also have the Bottlehead Crack with a plethora of tubes to swap in/out.

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #37 of 109
Anyone in Edmonton interested in trying out this stack?

Anedio D2 DAC --> Bottlehead Mainline --> Balanced cabled Sennheiser HD800

I'm personally looking to try out the HD600, HD650, any of the Audeze headphones, and other headphones (Oppo PM-1, Beyerdynamic headphones, etc.). Let me know what you have, we can set up a meet (even if just a couple people). I can book a room in one of the buildings at the University of Alberta that we can set up in.

I also have the Bottlehead Crack with a plethora of tubes to swap in/out.

Mini head-fi meet. Count me in. I have a newly acquired hd650 that I have yet to test with any serious amps. So it would be helpful for me to hear it on the bottlehead mainline and/or crack. I have some other gear that I could bring including Sennheiser Amperior , HD25, DenonAH-D600, Stienberg UR22 and Native Instrument Audio 2 and perhaps even the Maschine Studio (more music related but a lot of fun)

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #38 of 109
Nice! I've been wanting to try the HD650's for quite a while now; supposed to be a lot darker and more relaxing than the bright signature of the HD800's.  

We'll have to have this mini meet sometime in the middle of July, maybe on July 19th or 26th at around 7pm. Whichever of those two days works best for whomever responds to this thread.

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #39 of 109
Nice! I've been wanting to try the HD650's for quite a while now; supposed to be a lot darker and more relaxing than the bright signature of the HD800's.  

We'll have to have this mini meet sometime in the middle of July, maybe on July 19th or 26th at around 7pm. Whichever of those two days works best for whomever responds to this thread.
I'm good for July 26th at 7pm. July 16th at 7pm also works.

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #40 of 109
P.S. I should also add that if anyone is interested in buying a Bottlehead Crack w/ speedball upgrade and upgraded capacitors (10uF bypass caps) I am selling mine for only $480 CAD (with stock RCA 12AU7 input tube and stock GE 6080 power tube). Stock tubes give a very linear and very clear sound, with just a very slight amount of tube smoothness that makes the sound a bit more organic sounding, but with loads of air that opens up the sound and reduces the "veil" found on certain headphones.

I also have these tubes available for cheap:

Input tubes:
(2X) Sylvania 12BH7A - Used, but test as new - $15 each
         -- Good linearity, slightly smooth & recessed upper mids/lower treble, good sub-bass extension
(2X) (Rogers labelled) Mullard 12AU7A (were NOS, I've put ~100-150 hours on one of them) - $30 each
         -- Warm, smooth sounding, but with some amazing high end treble sparkle - Very euphonic - One of the highest rated 12AU7 variants
(2X) Ei Yugoslavian 12BH7A (were NOS, I've put ~50-100 hours on one of them) - $10 each
         -- Neutral tube, with slight mid range emphasis, good linearity, good extension. Adds a bit of emphasis and weight to male and female vocals.

Power tubes:
RCA 6AS7G grey plate top-getter - was NOS, has less than 50 hours on it - $20 - Has very very faint background hum that can't be heard when music is playing - this is normal for all RCA 6AS7G tubes
             -- Warm, smooth upper treble, good extension, slight midbass boost; very slightly more neutral sounding than black plate version bellow
RCA 6AS7G black plates top-getter (not currently shown in pictures) - Used, but tests like new - $15 - Has very very faint background hum that can't be heard when music is playing - this is normal for all RCA 6AS7G tubes
             -- Warm sounding, smooth upper treble, good extension, slight midbass boost; very slightly darker sounding than grey plate above
Sovtek 6AS7G - new manufacture, has only ~100-150 hours on it - $15
             -- Warm sounding, with smooth upper treble

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #42 of 109
  Who's setting up this meet? I would like to offer up some giveaways for the event. How many people in total?

I believe I took on that role by offering to book a room at the University of Alberta to have the meet. I'm assuming there's going to be pretty few people; Edmonton isn't the biggest hub for audiophiles. I'd be surprised if we get more than 5-15 people going.

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #43 of 109

I believe I took on that role by offering to book a room at the University of Alberta to have the meet. I'm assuming there's going to be pretty few people; Edmonton isn't the biggest hub for audiophiles. I'd be surprised if we get more than 5-15 people going.

Hey I'm still interested in meeting up. I know the 16th was a possibility, and I'm still good for the 26th.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #44 of 109
Got busy with work and kind of let this fall, the possibilities are the 19th or the 26th, I'll do some calling around later on today and find out if it's still possible to book a room at the Uni

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #45 of 109
I checked out some rooms on campus today, I'll have to call around to see if I can get one of the easier to find classrooms. If I can't book one of those other classrooms, I can book the group meeting room in the basement of the Education building library on campus. Room is sealed/soundproof so we don't have to be too quiet, despite the room being in a library. We'll set the date as July 26th.

Here's the group meeting room (there is also one more table and many more chairs not pictured):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back