EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread
Mar 2, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #182 of 306
Considering MS is one of the few distributors that would explain, thanks for that. Still wondering whether someone has auditioned this particular combo.

No worries my friend. While it is good if we know how it sounds/compares to other cables I personally don't mind either way because it is a balanced cable, as I do not use a balanced DAC/Amp or boutique DAP (that has a balanced output) with any of my C/IEMs. Also, anyone who attends CanJam in a few weeks will be able to listen to an abundant smorgasbord of 2-pin IEM cables - should be fun!

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #183 of 306
No worries my friend. While it is good if we know how it sounds/compares to other cables I personally don't mind either way because it is a balanced cable, as I do not use a balanced DAC/Amp or boutique DAP (that has a balanced output) with any of my C/IEMs. Also, anyone who attends CanJam in a few weeks will be able to listen to an abundant smorgasbord of 2-pin IEM cables - should be fun!

With all kinds of new DAPs hitting the market around the summertime it's very likely I'm going to get my X5 replaced by a balanced DAP and have another one of those marvelous EarWerkz products. In my case I think doing some serious research isn't such a bad idea and this particular combo might as well be it :wink: Only thing that holds me from joining you at CanJam is the Atlantic, so happily awaiting your impressions.

Would be nice to have Jack around here - although he probably wouldn't even have time to post comments (..) - He didn't break even on the Supra's so hopefully he will be able to raise enough funds from the LR now and become a HF sponsor.

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #186 of 306

Very nice cable!

Then according to my topographical position I should come with the Linum Super Balanced BaX then LOL

according to your topographical and geographical position i do believe that you aren't short on options my friend :D I might visit singapore later this year tho, I'd make sure that I bring some good stuffs home :p

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #187 of 306
  I might visit singapore later this year tho, I'd make sure that I bring some good stuffs home :p

Like a kid in a candy store, I bet you're not married
beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #189 of 306
I have ordered the Legend R from Jack and he has recommended the BTG Starlight cable. I did notice that he was going to sell the SilverDragon cable, but ca no longer see this on his site.

I have a DAC/AMP Centrance hifi-m8 which comes with a 4Pin XLR connection. Could someone recommend to me between the two which would be better, or possibly an orternative. I would love to use the balance option on my DAC by using the 4pin XLR but also have the ability to have the connection available to connect to my ipod via the 3.5mm jack.

I did think of having the BTG Starlight cable as recommended by Jack
http://www.btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#!/Starlight-CIEM-cable/p/15566476/category=12112626
67457426.jpg

and having the ability to connect this when using the DAC/AMP, but I am not sure if I will receive a balanced connection

TRRS to 4-pin XLR adapter

adapters.jpg

http://www.btg-audio.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=162399926

I have also looked into Moon audio which are expensive and been looking at this. Drew recommended this set up

You will want to do an adapter system. As shown here: http://moon-audio.com/JustAskDrew/2012/10/what-is-a-headphone-adapter-system/
4ft Silver Dragon V1 IEM Headphone cable with Switchcraft Mini 4pin Male XLR:
http://www.moon-audio.com/audio-cables/moon-audio-silver-dragon-v1-iem-headphone-cable.html
0.5ft Silver Dragon V1 IEM Headphone adapter cable with Switchcraft Mini 4pin Female XLR to 3.5mm Oyaide Rhodium Mini plug
0.5ft Silver Dragon V1 IEM Headphone adapter cable with Switchcraft Mini 4pin Female XLR to Neutrik 4 pin Male XLR
http://www.moon-audio.com/audio-cables/moon-audio-silver-dragon-v1-iem-extension-adapter-cable.html

however this setup was $400, which is out of the question. 

So really I am looking for a great cable to go along with my Legend R.

http://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-iem-cable.html

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #190 of 306
on the off chance the -R leaves me wanting, i'll probably nab a starlight. 

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #192 of 306
Thanks for your view

it kind of kills me that he recommends another cable because its basically saying the ones that currently come with it aren't enough to make it shine.  but yes, odds are if i still can't get the -R bright enough with the quad cable, i'll buy a starlight.  its very reasonably priced for what it supposedly does.

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #193 of 306
it kind of kills me that he recommends another cable because its basically saying the ones that currently come with it aren't enough to make it shine.  but yes, odds are if i still can't get the -R bright enough with the quad cable, i'll buy a starlight.  its very reasonably priced for what it supposedly does.

I would suggest listening to the Legend R (with any available cables) yourself before assuming or arriving to any conclusions.

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #194 of 306
I would suggest listening to the Legend R (with any available cables) yourself before assuming or arriving to any conclusions.

of course.  but all signs point to this cable eeking out that last bit of highs that i personally value so much.  i gather that the stock cable does this to an extent, so i'll have to see by how much.  maybe i'll love it where its at, in which case i've saved myself a hundred bucks!

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #195 of 306
I just switched the stock quad cable for the Linum BaX, and I personally enjoy this more. There's more low end, with more impact. The downside is the gorgeous Legend R's vocals are a bit trimmed down now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back